PDA

View Full Version : CRPA Clarification of use of CGN and CGF in C&D Letter

Kestryll
05-25-2012, 3:41 PM
Most of us have seen the CRPA's Cease and Desist letter sent out regarding 'savecrpa.org' and most will remember that in spite of no involvement whatsoever with 'savecrpa.org' both Calguns.net and the Calguns Foundation were mentioned in the letter with in implication that both entities had a hand in 'savecrpa.org'.

As I stated in the the thread discussing the C&D I was not happy or pleased to see 'Calguns.net', 'Calguns' and 'the Calguns Foundation' mentioned or implicated and had demanded as the Owner of Calguns.net and a Director of The Calguns Foundation that this be corrected.

Today I received the following letter from CRPA's counsel offering a clarification regarding the inclusion of the Calguns.net and Calguns Foundation's names being used in the C&D.

I will be honest, while I understand that the attorneys have an interest in not compromising their position I was hoping for something a bit less 'politic'.
I'm sure some will feel this either doesn't say enough or doesn't do anything and in some ways I agree however my intent was not to make it all go away but to address the inaccurate implications regarding CGN and CGF that frankly irritated me.
Even so this is a start.

http://www.calguns.net/CRPACDClarification.PDF

wildhawker
05-25-2012, 3:46 PM
I'm glad to see that counsel disagrees with CRPA executive director John Fields, who asserted that [SaveCRPA] "is a bogus website which has no official connection to the CRPA organization and that was set up by mostly former CRPA Board members who are associated with the CalGuns Foundation."

-Brandon

Barbarossa
05-25-2012, 4:18 PM
I recall a few CGN threads where forum members were encouraged by other users to join the CRPA. I had never heard of them until being exposed to them on here, and I'm an NRA life member. Are they unhappy that people on the forum are promoting their group?

I don't really understand why they would care what non-profit organizations their members donate to.

I'm a California Waterfowl Assn. member and I've never been asked by them if I make other donations. If CWA would ask that I would feel very uncomfortable.
That information is private between me, my CPA, and the IRS.

bwiese
05-25-2012, 6:30 PM
I recall a few CGN threads where forum members were encouraged by other users to join the CRPA. I had never heard of them until being exposed to them on here, and I'm an NRA life member. Are they unhappy that people on the forum are promoting their group?

I don't really understand why they would care what non-profit organizations their members donate to.

I'm a California Waterfowl Assn. member and I've never been asked by them if I make other donations. If CWA would ask that I would feel very uncomfortable.
That information is private between me, my CPA, and the IRS.

California Waterfowl Assn. is a very helpful group. The leaders there understand hunting interfaces with gun control and vice versa. These guys are not the 'duck hunters' shown on TV 20 years ago that helped garner support for Roberti Roos.

Yes, CWA is a great group to support.