PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MBUS 2 from Palmetto..

yoda888
05-25-2012, 2:28 PM
I ordered an MBUS2 from Palmetto last week and it finally arrived today.

It came in a big arse box! Anyhow, I opened it up, and guess what, it's not in a Magpul branded box. It was just wrapped in a piece of "cloth foam" baggy. Don't these things come packaged?! How do I know this a real Magpul item? No instructions, nothing. :confused:

P.Charm
05-25-2012, 2:33 PM
I think mine came in a zip lock bag.

beretta929mm
05-25-2012, 2:34 PM
The cost of a box is more than the manufacturing cost of a Magpul xyz. Thus, no box.

yoda888
05-25-2012, 2:44 PM
Previous magpul items I've bought came packaged.

This is weird...

jpm804
05-25-2012, 2:48 PM
Have any pics of the packaging?

Mine came in plastic bag and not a box but defintely looked very much like "retail packaging" <Clarification - did not get it from PSA>

roushstage2
05-25-2012, 2:52 PM
Not that I distrust PSA, but post some good pictures. There are ways to tell :)

yoda888
05-25-2012, 3:12 PM
Here's a pix of the MBUS and the "wrapping" it came in.

It came in a bigass shipping box besides that..

Arkangel
05-25-2012, 3:20 PM
When I ordered my lpk from PSA, my MIAD grip came in a bag, the CTR stock did however come in a Magpul box. I didn't think twice of it.

FourLoko
05-25-2012, 3:20 PM
Maybe they're trying to save space. No biggie.

AlliedArmory
05-25-2012, 3:24 PM
They probably threw it away trying to save packing space and keeping the weight down. Everything Magpul comes in Retail packaging.

monk
05-25-2012, 3:35 PM
Hey', it's personalized lol.

I've only ever seen the packaging like this:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f333/dragonbass74/IMG_4117.jpg

yoda888
05-25-2012, 3:37 PM
If you saw the shipping box it came in, you'd say they were not trying to save weight. It literally is probably 12x8x6!! The box was huge, stuffed with brown paper for padding. The padding easily weighs more than the MBUS.

They probably threw it away trying to save packing space and keeping the weight down. Everything Magpul comes in Retail packaging.

SNCaliber
05-25-2012, 4:04 PM
meh no biggie as long as it looks and functions like new

longv
05-25-2012, 4:09 PM
It was probably from their inventory of parts they use to build there uppers

temilotzin21
05-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Looks like the real deal, I would not worry about it. PSA is on the up and up.

LovingTheYear1911
05-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Did it come with the tool to adjust them?

cutty01
05-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Did it come with the tool to adjust them?

The picture showed is a rear sight, the tool only comes with the front sight. I haveopus chased 2 rear and 2 front magpul mbus sights and the have all come in Magpul packaging. Seems weird that you received yours this way, but PSA is reputable.

TAK
05-25-2012, 11:41 PM
How much did it cost?

I got a set of magpul "training" mabus sights and they came packaged like that. They work fine though, the only real difference is they are made in China.

zfields
05-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Probably from a wholesale gun smithing/production lot.

MrPlink
05-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Probably from a wholesale gun smithing/production lot.

good thinking,

OP if it bothers you that much why not call PSA and ask?

If it were me, and it was what I ordered I would not care.

Banana_hands
05-26-2012, 7:43 AM
Mine came the same way from PSA. I ordered both the front and rear sight. One of them came in retail packaging and the other wrapped like yours. I wasn't worried, I assumed they buy in bulk for their own builds as someone has already suggested. It must have been the rear sight that came without packaging because I remember thinking they use them for their builds and most have the A2 front sight so they don't use many of the fronts hence not buying the fronts in bulk.
Either way, I've had no problems with my sights.
Hth,
Enjoy

Meety Peety
05-26-2012, 7:51 AM
I've seen a few different packages for sights, the ones I bought came in a bag like what Monk above posted. As others have said, they probably buy them in bulk. As long as it's a Magpul sight (Easy to tell), I wouldn't worry too much.

Catalyst81
05-26-2012, 8:47 AM
My rear sight came the same way as well.

Fractured
05-26-2012, 8:52 AM
How much did it cost?

I got a set of magpul "training" mabus sights and they came packaged like that. They work fine though, the only real difference is they are made in China.

Thats what i was thinking. Their "pts" line in made in china, and its for training/airsoft. But they are like 17.99 as opposed to 49.99.

Peter.Steele
05-26-2012, 9:07 AM
The picture showed is a rear sight, the tool only comes with the front sight. I haveopus chased 2 rear and 2 front magpul mbus sights and the have all come in Magpul packaging. Seems weird that you received yours this way, but PSA is reputable.

When did they start doing that? I didn't get a tool with mine.

bomb_on_bus
05-26-2012, 9:17 AM
I guess I have the older model............. mine front and rear Magpul BUIS came in a little card box of sorts with instructions LOL.

shadowofnight
05-26-2012, 9:52 AM
Most of the parts arrive from PSA bulk packaged like that, not in retail packaging. I remember my first grips and trigger guards just coming in thick clear plastic bags ( Actually keep them, really thick with good seals...LPK's come like that too ) , with the set screws and bolts inside the larger bags in tiny plastic bags as well.

So dont worry, you got what you ordered :)

yoda888
05-27-2012, 11:28 AM
I paid I think $50 for it.

Not to be nit picky, but a couple of things bother me about this:
-I paid basically retail for it, so I expect to receive it in a retail packaging with instructions, etc. This was not specified as from their "bulk packaging" extras. This is how like how the computer industry does it with copies of Windows for Dell/HP/ETC vs you buying it from a retail box. There's a diff in pricing for the retailer as well!
-I've bought from PSA in the past and everything came packaged as expected, so this is weird

I'm more concerned that I got the real deal, and that it came with everything it's suppose to come with (adj tools, etc)

icenix
05-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Like someone else said, call and ask. Or send an e-mail.

Socal Armament
05-27-2012, 12:42 PM
That is weird, they should come in packaging like this. I'm kind of the same way, if I pay retail price I expect to get the original packaging and everything.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa327/deltafx1/MBUS.jpg

Victor346
05-27-2012, 3:02 PM
Mine came in the same packaging as the op when I bought my psa upper.

mhho
05-28-2012, 9:12 PM
Mine came inside a plastic bag with this cardboard pamphlet and the adjustment tool.

I bought it from
http://valkyriearms.net/
You can still see the price tag in the picture below (along with the instruction if you need it, OP).

http://img.tapatalk.com/4b653603-4b4b-b52f.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/4b653603-4b64-bb67.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/4b653603-4b79-6b94.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/4b653603-4b87-e6d4.jpg

Mhho

Palmetto State Armory
05-29-2012, 7:34 AM
It looks like you were accidentally sent a bulk packaged sight instead of the one that comes in retail packaging.

WiKDMoNKY
05-29-2012, 6:14 PM
My PSA 14.7" barrel I just got from them came with the end of the barrel sticking out of the box with a few scratches on it. It looks like it was just thrown in the box with the upper receiver and carry handle. Besides the scratches it looked fine except that the muzzle threads had to cleaned up to get the FH on it. I was in a rush to get the rifle put together for a shooting trip the next day or I would have complained or sent it back. The rifle worked flawlessly except for the fact that the PSA carry handle sight had to be adjusted all the way to the left to get it zeroed. My gunsmith wants me to bring the rifle in to him to see if the front sight is canted or if the barrel is indexed properly. Guess I will know more when I can get it down to his shop. I figured having the FH pinned and welded pretty much voided my chance of getting it fixed if the sight is canted, oh well...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6737220/GUNS/IMAG0241.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6737220/GUNS/IMAG0242.jpg

Revolver Ocelot
05-29-2012, 7:35 PM
Wierd. Mine came in a nice padded PSA box and that box was inside another box.

icenix
05-29-2012, 9:34 PM

That sucks and would make me not so happy. I was considering a PSA upper for my next build, but not if that is how they come, lol. I ordered ammo from PSA and I was surprised at how it was just seemingly thrown in a box, but I got over it since it was just ammo, but all the cardboard ammo boxes inside were smashed, ripped, etc.

Palmetto State Armory
05-30-2012, 7:06 AM
My PSA 14.7" barrel I just got from them came with the end of the barrel sticking out of the box with a few scratches on it. It looks like it was just thrown in the box with the upper receiver and carry handle. Besides the scratches it looked fine except that the muzzle threads had to cleaned up to get the FH on it. I was in a rush to get the rifle put together for a shooting trip the next day or I would have complained or sent it back. The rifle worked flawlessly except for the fact that the PSA carry handle sight had to be adjusted all the way to the left to get it zeroed. My gunsmith wants me to bring the rifle in to him to see if the front sight is canted or if the barrel is indexed properly. Guess I will know more when I can get it down to his shop. I figured having the FH pinned and welded pretty much voided my chance of getting it fixed if the sight is canted, oh well...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6737220/GUNS/IMAG0242.jpg

Complete uppers aren't shipped in a box that small. Please PM me with your online order number so that I can look into this for you.

daybreak
05-30-2012, 7:08 AM
I also received my MBUS 2 from PSA in the normal magpul packaging, both front and rear.

WiKDMoNKY
05-30-2012, 7:34 AM
I did not purchase a complete upper, I purchased a PSA 14.7" carbine barrel, a PSA stripped upper receiver, a PSA carry handle/sight and a carbine buffer spring. The barrel was loosely wrapped in paper sitting at an angle in the box, the upper receiver and carry handle were properly wrapped and were located on each opposite corner of the box. The spring was sitting on top of everything. When the UPS guy dropped the box off, he had the exposed barrel facing away from me and I did not see it until he had driven away. I am sorry I did not get any more pictures than I did. I opened the box and inspected everything and then had to race over to the gunsmith to get the FH pinned/welded, so I could have it back in the morning.

PM inbound...

Complete uppers aren't shipped in a box that small. Please PM me with your online order number so that I can look into this for you.

jsipe007
05-30-2012, 11:27 AM
From certain retailers, I have seen the MBUS just in a plastic bag and they were 100% authentic. Only a sticker on the baggie. I wouldn't be worried. Im pretty sure the sight you got is 100% authentic. My 20 rd PMAG came in an unmarked plastic bag from cabelas. I think certain distributors may buy in bulk so Magpul ships those items to them different in order to save cost? I don't know, thats just a guess.

As for the PSA upper, that packaging looks off. I received an upper from PSA just a few days ago, it was a 16in complete upper. It was in a very nicely padded box with a large PSA logo on the outside. The box was about 36x10x3in. Then that box was placed inside another box and it fit snug to the PSA box. Hope you get it figured out!

Dakine_surf
05-31-2012, 10:44 PM
I just got my mbuis from PSA... Mine came packaged like th OP... I have to say I am indeed disappointed... If they were cheaper than retail and I was told they were bulk I would have been ok, but when I pay retail, I expect retail. Now I am missing the adjustment tool, so sighting in is not going to happen... Hopefully they are on, but I'm not holding my breath. So in turn I have to buy the tool, so these just became more expensive at PSA than most other sites.

I will email them in the morning, depending on how it is handled, it is probably the last order I give PSA until they get their sh*t together...

FourLoko
05-31-2012, 11:24 PM
I just got my mbuis from PSA... Mine came packaged like th OP... I have to say I am indeed disappointed... If they were cheaper than retail and I was told they were bulk I would have been ok, but when I pay retail, I expect retail. Now I am missing the adjustment tool, so sighting in is not going to happen... Hopefully they are on, but I'm not holding my breath. So in turn I have to buy the tool, so these just became more expensive at PSA than most other sites.

I will email them in the morning, depending on how it is handled, it is probably the last order I give PSA until they get their sh*t together...

He ordered a rear sight, there is no tool. If you did the same then you need to get some knowledge and chill out.

Dakine_surf
06-01-2012, 8:43 AM
I have got plenty of knowledge, and i am quite chill but thanks for the advice anyway... I ordered front and back...

$P-Ritch$
06-01-2012, 9:17 AM

You can still adjust your front sight. You are probably going to the range with one of the most common front sight adjustment tools, the tip of a .223 bullet. You just push down the indent with the tip and then twist the sight with the rest of the cartridge. Works just fine and that's one less thing you have to remember to bring.

Dakine_surf
06-01-2012, 9:46 AM
Good to know, I know it isn't the end of the world, but I actually was going to buy a set as a Fathers Day gift. I ended up ordering them from another site this morning because I am not going to give my dad something not in the retail packaging...

I can always use another set of BUIS so I put them on my one of my rifles needing sights, but like I said, I was a little disappointed and would have not ordered from PSA if I had know that's how they come.

Palmetto State Armory
06-01-2012, 9:57 AM
I changed the product description to reflect that they ship in bulk packaging. The bulk and retail packaged MBUS cost us the same amount of money. There aren't any savings by choosing one over the other.

Please contact customer service about the missing sight tool. We will get you one sent out ASAP.

Dakine_surf
06-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Now that my friends is the kind of Customer Service I like to see!!!

I am glad you changed the site to reflect the packaging, I know it is a hassle for such a minor thing, but it will go a long way in setting expectations, which as long as the customer has the right expectations, no one can ever be disappointed.

I really appreciate the quick response, BTW, Nicole the Customer Service manager is quick to respond and helpful, Great Customer support at PSA... I will definitely order again after seeing how they handle little hiccups like this.

avu3
06-01-2012, 11:45 PM
My rear sight came retail without adjustment tool (not from PSA, probably it was Midway, don't remember). One a friend looked at last week at a LGS was the same- no tool.

My PSA upper came double boxed. I kinda though it was overkill, but now I see why not.

S

Merc1138
06-01-2012, 11:51 PM
My rear sight came retail without adjustment tool (not from PSA, probably it was Midway, don't remember). One a friend looked at last week at a LGS was the same- no tool.

My PSA upper came double boxed. I kinda though it was overkill, but now I see why not.

S

The front sight comes with the tool, not the rear. The rear sight doesn't need any tools for adjustment.