PDA

View Full Version : Left handed ar pistol upper

Astreronaut
05-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Hey everyone,

Just needed some help on building my first ar upper. I am going to be building an left handed ar pistol upper and needed help as far as a parts list. Let me know what I'm missing. All I ordered so far is:

Stag arms A3 flattop upper assembly left handed
Stag arms left handed bolt
Stag arms Charging handle
7.5" barrel
Gas block
Some sort of rail

Any help would be great. Thanks

Arkangel
05-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Sights and a gas tube.

Josh3239
05-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Make sure your gas block or tube comes with a pin, some don't and you may need to buy one.

Also a brake/FH.

G60
05-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Left handed uppers are the most ridiculous thing ever sold to us left-handers.

all the stuff that really matters is still set up for right handed folks.

Astreronaut
05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't really need opinions Yemff, especially if it's negative. I wouldn't think it's overkill if it was the same price as buying a whole right handed ar pistol. Thank you for amusing me but at the same time no thank you.

prc77
05-25-2012, 7:24 PM
loosing the attitude will help

My OPINION
would be getting a ambi upper. Charging handles on both sides of the bolt.
http://www.largrizzly.com/web/guest/ops-4-uppers

http://phase5tactical.com/products/weapon-systems/

CIV Tactical
05-25-2012, 7:33 PM
barrel nut if your handgaurd does not come with one, forward assist and dust cover if the upper is stripped and a good muzzle device. something that will help with blowback and cycling. Noveske kx3 recomended and you might really want to get yourself an adjustable gas block. AR pistols are notorious for cycling problems due to over gassing. you need to really slow down the cyclic rate. options include a pigtail gas tube, heavy buffer and a adjustable gas block. have fun my friend. AR pistols are a bunch of fun to shoot

BDH
05-25-2012, 8:45 PM
I'm LH and when LH, shooting a pistol like the AR, it makes more sense for the pistol to be RH. i shoot an XP100, as a LHer, it's easier to load, manipulate the bolt, etc. With an AR you'll pay a premium for the upper, BCG, and in general, LH parts. You'll use your RH to cycle the action...brass ejects away from you either way. Magazine release may be the only advantage.

Can't see the use. It's not a problem looking for a solution.

Bruce

G60
05-26-2012, 9:53 AM
The guy doesn't want any help, he just wants someone to sign off on his little shopping list. Let him learn from experience.