View Full Version : Lake Pillsbury cleanup

05-25-2012, 7:42 AM
i kind of like the trash out on the range it gives you lots of things to aim at

Cleanup at Lake Pillsbury Gravelly Airstrip
Bring targets. Take your crap with you when you leave. Most of the trash is from someone who brought stuff " to aim at" and then left it for someone else to pick up.
to stay focused and not get overwhelmed.
First pass is aluminum, bottles and recyclables.
next pass is paper
then I can start with Brass now that I can see it
Big stuff goes into piles. Oak Flat camp has dumpsters and no people. I recycle there

05-25-2012, 8:31 AM
I took home a few trash bags when I went a few weeks back. Saw a few people bring stuff out and leave it. I always bring my own targets.

05-25-2012, 9:19 AM
Kudos on the cleanup. I've had many camp trips there over the years and I'm glad to see there are those who are still responsible and try to keep it respectable. I've never been to the lake just to shoot but it doesn't take much for the few to ruin it for the many.

Great job!

BTW - I don't know when my next trip to the lake will be (it's been a while) but I'm going to make it a point to stop by the strip and haul out some trash, whether I shoot or not.

05-28-2012, 9:41 AM
Was up last month... could not put a dent in it... tried tho.

05-30-2012, 8:55 AM
There where tons of tires, propane bottles, computer monitors, etc scattered everywhere when I went. I will bring more trash bags next time. If someone brings a few things back every time they go it won't get worse, and eventually could get decently clean.

I plan to go up to cow mountain this weekend or next, and do the same thing.

I usually go camping and shooting, its pretty far for me to go just to shoot.