PDA

View Full Version : E-mail from Mitt Romney

redneckshootist
05-09-2007, 6:19 PM
I wrote Mitt Romney about 6 months ago about the second amendment and he finally responded, I think this guy is a tool, but this reply isn't that bad.
I still don't believe he has the same view as me on the second amendment. Fred Thomson or Ron Paul will be my first choice

Dear Matthew:

Thank you for contacting me about the important issue of gun ownership and the right to keep and bear arms. I appreciate your interest in my campaign for President and would like to extend my sincere gratitude for taking the time to share your views with me.

First, let me make it clear that I strongly support the Second Amendment right of Americans to keep and bear arms. I am proud to be among the many decent, law-abiding men and women who safely use firearms.

As a member of the National Rifle Association I firmly believe in the importance of responsible gun ownership and sales. I do not believe that we need any more federal gun control laws. This being said, however, I recognize that some types of extreme weapons, those which were not meant for hunting, sport, or self-defense, have no business being on the streets.

An individualís right to keep and bear arms is a freedom guaranteed to all Americans by the United States Constitution. Together, we must ensure this freedom is protected. As Governor of one of the most liberal states in the country, I stood up for the rights of gun owners and sportsmen over burdensome bureaucratic regulation. I look forward to upholding these same ideals in Washington, D.C.

I am running for President because I fervently believe that I have the experience and vision to address the issues facing our country. Throughout my years in both the private and public sectors, I have been successful by pursuing innovation and transformation. If there ever was a time when innovation and transformation were needed in government, it is now.

Again, thank you for contacting me about gun ownership. Please feel free to visit my website at www.MittRomney.com for updated information on this and other issues that may be of concern to you. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Sincerely,

KenpoProfessor
05-09-2007, 6:24 PM
I wrote Mitt Romney about 6 months ago about the second amendment and he finally responded, I think this guy is a tool, but this reply isn't that bad.
I still don't believe he has the same view as me on the second amendment. Fred Thomson or Ron Paul will be my first choice

Dear Matthew:

Thank you for contacting me about the important issue of gun ownership and the right to keep and bear arms. I appreciate your interest in my campaign for President and would like to extend my sincere gratitude for taking the time to share your views with me.

First, let me make it clear that I strongly support the Second Amendment right of Americans to keep and bear arms. I am proud to be among the many decent, law-abiding men and women who safely use firearms.

As a member of the National Rifle Association I firmly believe in the importance of responsible gun ownership and sales. I do not believe that we need any more federal gun control laws. This being said, however, I recognize that some types of extreme weapons, those which were not meant for hunting, sport, or self-defense, have no business being on the streets.

An individualís right to keep and bear arms is a freedom guaranteed to all Americans by the United States Constitution. Together, we must ensure this freedom is protected. As Governor of one of the most liberal states in the country, I stood up for the rights of gun owners and sportsmen over burdensome bureaucratic regulation. I look forward to upholding these same ideals in Washington, D.C.

I am running for President because I fervently believe that I have the experience and vision to address the issues facing our country. Throughout my years in both the private and public sectors, I have been successful by pursuing innovation and transformation. If there ever was a time when innovation and transformation were needed in government, it is now.

Again, thank you for contacting me about gun ownership. Please feel free to visit my website at www.MittRomney.com for updated information on this and other issues that may be of concern to you. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Sincerely,

Sounds like a canned response and looks like the Brady stuff.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

mow
05-09-2007, 6:38 PM

Can you ask Mr Romey to clarify this? :p

M. Sage
05-09-2007, 6:38 PM

Oh, great. Translation: he's got a hard-on about "assault weapons." Another anti dressed up as pro-gun.

Not meant for hunting, sport or self-defense? Uhh, every and any firearm can be used in those three capacities, so what would those "extreme" weapons be? He's ok with old-style hunting rifles, over-under shotguns, and maybe a pistol - but only one per person, I'm sure.. What "responsible" person needs more than one, right? :rolleyes:

If he's nominated, I won't be voting for him.

Super_tactical
05-09-2007, 7:12 PM
Can you ask Mr Romey to clarify this? :p

He's talking about circular saws.

donger
05-09-2007, 7:43 PM
Oh, great. Translation: he's got a hard-on about "assault weapons." Another anti dressed up as pro-gun.

Not meant for hunting, sport or self-defense? Uhh, every and any firearm can be used in those three capacities, so what would those "extreme" weapons be? He's ok with old-style hunting rifles, over-under shotguns, and maybe a pistol - but only one per person, I'm sure.. What "responsible" person needs more than one, right? :rolleyes:

If he's nominated, I won't be voting for him.

He knows he can't win the nomination without the NRAs endorsement. That's why he recently joined the NRA.

You should ask his stance on polygamy, that'll be real funny.

mow
05-09-2007, 7:48 PM
You should ask his stance on polygamy, that'll be real funny.

My beer soaked keyboard thanks you! :D

mcubed4130
05-09-2007, 7:59 PM
If someone can get him to say, when he's elected:

He'll declare a federal emergency, and under that emergency he'll do the folllowing:

1. Start imprisoning company officers and/or owners - at any company that has been knowingly hiring illegal workers from others countries...

2. Deputize any/all legal US citizens into a volunteer militia - pay to arm them - and have them work with local law enforcement as neighborhood watch.

Then I'll vote for him. :D Well... now that - that's settled... guess I look for another candidate.

-M3

CA357
05-09-2007, 8:04 PM
Redneckshootist, your first statement is correct. He's a tool.

jumbopanda
05-09-2007, 10:13 PM
If he were truly pro-gun, he'd just come right out and say that he believes in the Second Amendment, rather than trying to pull this "I'm a hunter" Zumbo bull****.