PDA

View Full Version : Will it matter that my vehicle registration has my old address on it?

Danz la Nuit
05-25-2012, 8:36 AM
THIS THREAD HAS BAD INFO IN IT.

READ

THIS www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=8646276

BEFORE/AFTER READING THIS THREAD

I would like to purchase a pistol today...

My current DL has my current address on it.

My current vehicle registration paper has my old address on it.

I do not have any utility bills that come in my name with my current address on it.

My vehicle insurance card has my current address on it.

Am I going to have issues? (Likely going to Parallax)

taperxz
05-25-2012, 8:46 AM
Yes you will have issues.

AragornElessar86
05-25-2012, 8:49 AM
It will be a problem. Got a rental agreement with the new address on it? That might work.

TruEdge
05-25-2012, 8:50 AM
I believe you can use your fishing license if it has the right address. Or buy one and put the address you want on it.

Nick1236
05-25-2012, 8:50 AM
Yes as posted. You will need to bring a current home utility bill (or any of the other things listed) with your CURRENT address as shown on your CA DL.

Edit: The utility bill must have your name on it, not jsut the correct address. Water, electric, trash, phone all count I believe.

Danz la Nuit
05-25-2012, 8:52 AM
Yes you will have issues.

It will be a problem. Got a rental agreement with the new address on it? That might work.

No rental agreement, I have the print out from DMV from when I changed my address from the old address back to my current address.

So, to clarify, when I moved from address A to B I never got a new DL.

When I moved back to address A, now my DL is back to reflecting the current address. I also have the paper showing that I changed my address back from address B to address A.

taperxz
05-25-2012, 9:02 AM
This. Go to Big 5(or wherever) $14 for fishing license, good to go.

$14?? Try $43

Danz la Nuit
05-25-2012, 9:06 AM
This. Go to Big 5(or wherever) $14 for fishing license, good to go.

:)

$14?? Try $43

:(

Danz la Nuit
05-25-2012, 9:48 AM
Are we 110% sure that the fishing license will work?

I will go buy it if I have to...

Coded-Dude
05-25-2012, 9:51 AM
You can get a driving history record from the DMV for like $5(IIRC). It should have your current address(since your license does), and works as a valid document. You used to be able to get it online(not as extensive) and print it out.....not sure if that is still available.

Curley Red
05-25-2012, 9:53 AM
Are we 110% sure that the fishing license will work?

I will go buy it if I have to...

Call Parallax and ask them if it is good enough.