PDA

View Full Version : How do you use the multi quote tool?

thegreydecay
05-24-2012, 10:08 PM
as a relatively new forum user I'm afraid I haven't been able to figure out how to use the multi-quote tool. I'd like to respond to some posts as others have with the inclusion of select sentences from previous posts. I'm guessing that this is done using the multi-quote tool, but I haven't been able to make it work the way I think it should. Could someone please provide a new, non-tech calgunner some simple instructions on this, or point me to the relevant tutorial?

thanks
TGD

frankDmole
05-25-2012, 7:30 AM
Welcome to CalGuns.

frankDmole
05-25-2012, 7:33 AM
Multi Quote tool: Click the Post you want to quote the Multi quote tool will turn red, then when you are done selecting all the post hit Quote..

as a relatively new forum user I'm afraid I haven't been able to figure out how to use the multi-quote tool. I'd like to respond to some posts as others have with the inclusion of select sentences from previous posts. I'm guessing that this is done using the multi-quote tool, but I haven't been able to make it work the way I think it should. Could someone please provide a new, non-tech calgunner some simple instructions on this, or point me to the relevant tutorial?

thanks
TGD

Welcome to CalGuns.

bsg
05-25-2012, 8:36 AM

thanks
TGD

Welcome to CalGuns.

Multi Quote tool: Click the Post you want to quote the Multi quote tool will turn red, then when you are done selecting all the post hit Quote..

welcome to the forum.

h0use
05-25-2012, 8:46 AM
welcome

thegreydecay
05-25-2012, 8:47 AM
Thanks guys!

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-25-2012, 4:43 PM
welcome to calguns, you will learn as you go.

fighterpilot562
05-25-2012, 5:15 PM
Figure it out OP? if not PM me

xXx Sir Sik xXx
05-25-2012, 6:12 PM
Welcome

socalpistolero
05-25-2012, 7:27 PM
welcome.

MrExel17
05-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Welcome!

DeanW66
05-28-2012, 2:02 PM
Welcome aboard!

You click the "+" under each post you want to quote, then click "Post Reply" which will open up a reply-box with each of the "+" posts there. If you want to trim them to only keep relevant wording do so, taking care about the "[" and "]" characters - these are easily deleted and then the quoting will be way screwed up.