PDA

View Full Version : ATF Here we go again!

626Tony
05-24-2012, 6:00 PM
are we in some sort trouble for buying legal guns.....especially is ALASKA!! of all places??

http://www.infowars.com/atf-requests-records-of-gun-owners-in-alaska/

12voltguy
05-24-2012, 6:07 PM
I thought we usa had no extra $$$$$ for bs jobs???????

nicki
05-24-2012, 6:13 PM
Alaska borders two other countries, Canada and Russia.

Guess Alaskans must be running those Russian Made semi auto AK47s over to the Russian Mob in Siberia which is leading to gun deaths in Russia across the Berring Straits.

After all, Sarah said she can she Russia from her house.

And then there is the Canadian issue, Alaskans may be running guns to the low populated western parts of canada through the long unguarded border they have.

Maybe because Alaska has constitutional carry the feds want to step in to do something to let them know that they aren't free to do as they please

Nicki

socal-shooter
05-24-2012, 6:17 PM
im sure a database will eventually be established

its probably already in the works...imo

626Tony
05-24-2012, 6:26 PM
im sure a database will eventually be established

its probably already in the works...imo

agreed..

glockman19
05-24-2012, 6:35 PM
Funny how we dance around all the incremental change and don't see the writing on the wall.

Someone is preparing for someting...Who trusts the government?

Would a CA FFL hand over their book? or would you also decline the ATF?

If it looks like ____, smells like _____and tastes like ______ it usually is.

HK Chef
05-24-2012, 6:54 PM
This was brought up a month or so ago on this site. I was at GNG a few days after this happened not knowing at the time that this went down and didn't hear a word aBout it. Here was the original link that I first read about it on. http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/112964-Great-Northern-Guns-VS-the-BATF

PS if you ever need to know anything about Alaska outdoors or anything in general this is an amazing forum

dbo31
05-25-2012, 6:03 AM
Ugh..infowars? really?

halifax
05-25-2012, 6:16 AM
all under the guise of a regulation (purchasing two or more firearms) that was rejected by Congress and never became law.

So, why am I still reporting it? Legal eagles please tell me if I really need to.

Handguns (http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-3310-4.pdf)

and

Certain rifles (http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-3310-12.pdf)

DarkSoul
05-25-2012, 6:20 AM
Although that "infowars" site is rediculously biased, and is speaking more opinion than fact, it seems like this is more of an issue of keeping people informed and educated about their rights as gun owners. It was very clear that all of these requests for information made by the ATF, I am sure many people are unaware that it is illegal for them to do so. A little education goes a long way in these matters, however, that opinion piece is pretty good at making it look like the Gestapo is kicking in doors and TAKING the info.

Wherryj
05-25-2012, 11:00 AM
During the meeting with Young, which took place last week, ATF Deputy Director Tom Brandon attempted to assure him that the, “ATF has never maintained a database of lawful firearms owners; is not permitted by law to create and maintain such a database; and has no intention whatsoever of collecting any information for such a database.”

Of course, the ATF also isn't permitted by law to smuggle guns to narco-terrorists in a foreign country, yet here we are.

SilverTauron
05-25-2012, 11:13 AM
During the meeting with Young, which took place last week, ATF Deputy Director Tom Brandon attempted to assure him that the, “ATF has never maintained a database of lawful firearms owners; is not permitted by law to create and maintain such a database; and has no intention whatsoever of collecting any information for such a database.”

He is in fact correct,as the ATF does not put Joe Citizen in the category of "law abiding gun owner". That title is reserved for agents of the State.We the People are considered armed scofflaws they can't legally disarm just yet.

The unsettling thing about these developments is that the ATF doesn't NEED to randomly request the bound books of FFLs to build a database. They already have one in place though Etrace.The States of New York ,NJ, and Conneticutt already are on record as sending legal ownership info on weapons, permits, and the like to the ATF as policy. I have little doubt they are not alone in doing so.

Between state agencies sharing private firearm ownership data voluntarily,and the ATF having a list of imported arms in addition to anything run by Law Enforcement for any imaginable reason, its no exaggeration to state that a majority of arms in America are already registered.

What this looks like from my view is an attempt to 'fact check' the etrace database.

CBruce
05-25-2012, 12:27 PM
are we in some sort trouble for buying legal guns.....especially is ALASKA!! of all places??

http://www.infowars.com/atf-requests-records-of-gun-owners-in-alaska/

I can't decide if this bit is funny, or chilling:
The one shop that went on the record, Great Northern Guns in Anchorage, said the ATF agent asked politely for the books, and when store manager Frank Caiazza refused, the agent just as politely accepted the refusal.