PDA

View Full Version : SF Gay Pride June 24, we need monitors

tboyer
05-24-2012, 4:40 PM
SF Gay Pride June 24, we need monitors

Gay Parade monitor training schedule. Sorry but it was sent to me as a pdf
If we're going to have a Pinzgaurer we need six monitors, two for the contingent
and four for the Pinzgaurer. I will be one of the monitors.
Below is what was sent to me

We're sending out to you the schedule for the Contingent Monitor trainings,
in advance of posting them to the web site, but please be sure to check the website often after today,
for updates to the schedule.
Click here for the schedule: https://register.sfpride.org/event/html/safety-training-2012.pdf

wash
05-25-2012, 1:53 PM
Come on monitors!

I would do it but I'm driving.

Were going to have the coolest float in the parade and can go off road if we have to.

nicki
05-25-2012, 9:14 PM
Count me in Tom, I will see if I can get a few more bodies also.

If any of you folks are in San Francisco, we sure could use your help.

Nicki

nicki
06-17-2012, 7:23 PM
We got the monitors, YEAH.

We got the Flags, YEAH

We got bullhorns, YEAH.

Wash is getting us a military vehicle for our group which means we can have coolers with cold beverages and for those who can't walk, a ride, Yeah.

Based on past marchs, we have actually had a "friendly reception" from the crowd. Bear in mind that we are marching a "Pro Gun, Pro Self Defense" contingent in the biggest annual parade right down the center of San Francisco.

Yes, this is an "Adult type parade", but participation is "voluntary", no one is making anyone go.

That being said, it is a good hangout time, good to meet friends, do the march and then hangout and have a few beers. Like what else are you going to do on a "Sunday".

Weather has been great every year so far, tends to be cooler in SF than the rest of the bay btw.

For those of you who consider yourself "Hardcore Gun Rights" folks who view "gun rights as civil rights", this is the place to be.

Why hang out at the gun shows when you can reach out to the "sinners".

Nicki

hoffmang
06-17-2012, 8:41 PM
I had a major conflict and now have to leave the country, otherwise I'd be trained already. Please, please, please go to training so we can have the cool car!

I'll be there next weekend though.

-Gene

Ubermcoupe
06-17-2012, 8:49 PM
Forgive me, but what is a “monitor?"

nicki
06-17-2012, 9:10 PM
We have the monitors covered, enough so we can have the "cool vehicle" that "Wash" said he could get a hold off.

Monitors are required with all marching contingents for safety. Basically years back there was a "terrible accident" where someone getting off a float fell and had a "Semi" roll over their head. Needless to say, the result was fatal.

In order to save the parade, the SF Pride committee came up with their own safety monitor program which we have people go and attend a 1 hour class.

The truth is we have alot of IQ challenged people, so the monitors ensure that there won't be another accident and to keep the contingents moving.

Nicki

Ubermcoupe
06-17-2012, 9:18 PM
Oh, OK. So do we still have volunteer opportunities that need to be filled?

wildhawker
06-17-2012, 9:21 PM
How do we acquire Pink Pistols shirts?

OleCuss
06-17-2012, 9:23 PM
I'll be on-call and unable to join the event. It sounds like a really fun event.

And a Pinzgauer is a great vehicle!

dantodd
06-17-2012, 9:26 PM
Sue's going to be out of town this weekend so I can't attend. I would love a XXL PP T-Shirt though. How much?

creekside
06-18-2012, 8:50 AM
Here's a list of the remaining contingent monitor trainings:

http://sfpride.org/parade/contingent-monitors.html

I'm trained and going.

This is a big chance to use the 1A to support the 2A and see a bunch of things you may or may not be into.

benjaminh98
06-18-2012, 12:19 PM
How do we acquire Pink Pistols shirts?

Sue's going to be out of town this weekend so I can't attend. I would love a XXL PP T-Shirt though. How much?

What are pink pistols shirts?

dantodd
06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
What are pink pistols shirts?

The Pink Pistols are a LGBT gun/gun rights club and TBoyer had a really cool T-shirt printed up that he wears around. Hopefully he or Nicki will get more made!

CBruce
06-18-2012, 2:26 PM
Do you guys still need volunteers? I'm willing to help out if you do, but would need to know asap to make arrangements to attend training

edsel6502
06-18-2012, 5:50 PM
tom,

I will try to make it for monitor training. But my scheduled is pretty tight.

I will however be there on the 24th though.

DrDavid
06-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Can I just say that I'm completely surprised (in a good way) by just how open minded people on here are. :D

Makes me happy to be a part of this group!

wildhawker
06-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Can I just say that I'm completely surprised (in a good way) by just how open minded people on here are. :D

Makes me happy to be a part of this group!

Some of us do march. But then, you've missed a lot of threads (now deleted/locked/disappeared) where civility and respect wasn't the rule for discussing a pro-2A presence at Pride marches.

I'm hopeful this is a sign that we're actually improving/evolving and not simply a byproduct of banning people who are idiots in some threads.

-Brandon

Gray Peterson
06-18-2012, 11:33 PM
The Pink Pistols are a LGBT gun/gun rights club and TBoyer had a really cool T-shirt printed up that he wears around. Hopefully he or Nicki will get more made!

Might be better to go out to a T-shirt shop and make prints of it after getting the high resolution digitals from Nicki and Tom.

jdberger
06-19-2012, 9:20 AM
I'll be there on Sunday.

Is there a thread asking folks to attend the march, or is there only this one?

wash
06-19-2012, 4:48 PM
I may be able to cut some vinyl stickers to make pink pistols T-shirts.

I'm not sure if I will be able to get to it but if people want to buy a pink shirt, let me know and I'll see if I can make the stickers.

And make sure you bring the ladies in your life, I don't want a total sausage fest.

GettoPhilosopher
06-19-2012, 7:41 PM
Gah! I'll be up in Berkeley on the 30th, but can't make it two weekends in a row. :( Sorry guys!