PDA

View Full Version : looking for welding jobs around orange county

zachseaman
05-24-2012, 2:10 PM
Hello, my name is Zach. Im 22 and i just got out of school with my d1.1 structural certification and am looking around for work in this field. I am willing to work for alittle less than average for a welding job since i am reletively new but im good at what i do and am in urgent need of a job. Anything is appreciated, thank you

boar308
05-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Hi zack. Congrats on the cert! i have the same one along with some others. I would look into the carpenters union (local 2361). Works tight right now but if your willing to travel, you should be able to get a job.

zachseaman
05-31-2012, 6:50 PM
thanks for the heads up man i appreciate it. i need to learn how to do mig. it seems like everyone thats hiring wants mig welders. heard its pretty easy

9mmrevolver
06-08-2012, 10:51 PM
The union is where it's at. I just got out of school also but luckily got a job with the union ( not in your part of the state) doing pipe. What they are looking for up here is a tig root 7018 hot pass and 7018 cover. Sucks when u first start welding 6G because molten metal falls right into your lap. It gets better and funner though. A fellow student got a job with a different place and doing 6010 root with FCAW cover.