PDA

View Full Version : OLL switch--switching lower parts from lower to lower

glocker65
05-09-2007, 11:45 AM
I bought a complete lower a few months ago. I've enjoyed it, but I want to upgrade to a different lower.

How hard is it to switch the parts kit from one to another? What tools do I need?

Is this a bad idea? Am I better off just buying a whole new parts kit?

Lastly, is it difficult to remove the buffer cover/spring and stock and put it onto the new lower?

Surveyor
05-09-2007, 11:47 AM
I bought a complete lower a few months ago. I've enjoyed it, but I want to upgrade to a different lower.

How hard is it to switch the parts kit from one to another? What tools do I need?

Lastly, is it difficult to remove the buffer cover/spring and stock and put it onto the new lower?

If it's a nice 2 stage lpk then it's worth it. Otherwise, just build two guns. Or three, or four, or...:D

Prc329
05-09-2007, 11:51 AM
It is not that difficult but yeah you might want to just buy a second one. Why upgrade when you can build a second one :)

Plus, when "upgrading" a lower you are really only changing roll marks and finish.

Jicko
05-09-2007, 11:51 AM

For the trigger parts(trigger + hammer), it is very easy..... for the roll-pinned parts(trigger guard, bolt catch)... not too easily.... why don't you just get a LPK without the trigger parts for $34 @ adcofirearms.com??

rkt88edmo
05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't remove anything installed with a roll pin, but you could still save money by buying only those parts and moving the rest over.

glocker65
05-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Yeah I suppose I may as well buy a new LPK. Might as well have two rifles right?

Thanks for the advice guys.

bwiese
05-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Maybe move fire control parts esp if it's a nice trigger.

Don't move the pinned-in things like the bolt catch and triggerguard.
Not worth the grief, risk of scarring lower, etc.

kap
05-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Buy a new kit. The last thing anyone needs is a OLL paperweight.