PDA

View Full Version : Pro 2A voter guide for the June 5th Primary?

OrenG
05-24-2012, 12:55 AM
With the June 5th Election less than two weeks away, has anyone made or found a reliable source of info on the candidates running for Congress? I tried sending out a mass email to the candidates asking specific questions on where they stand on critical issues (such as the 2A, economy, budget, etc) and have only received two replies so far. Although it's probably not going to happen, I'd like to vote for the candidate who has the best chance of finally replacing Dianne Feinstein and get someone in there who will actually defend our rights instead of cripple them.

OrenG
05-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Has no one else thought of this?

OrenG
05-28-2012, 3:18 AM
Just something I thought I'd share, this is who I'm voting for in the primary. Hopefully he makes it to the general election.

http://i.imgur.com/0X0C0.jpg

Cactus_Tim
05-28-2012, 8:54 AM
Is he for real?

mud99
05-28-2012, 10:43 AM
What is "tent city"?

I know I could google it, but it is much more fun to ask...

scarville
05-28-2012, 11:01 AM
What is "tent city"?

I know I could google it, but it is much more fun to ask...
It's a place put all the criminals our stupid laws are creating.

AndrewMendez
05-28-2012, 11:17 AM
This has been something I have thought time and time again...

If you ask most gun owners, their responses will be..."We can't change this State by voting" and they are absolutely wrong. Have you ever taken the look at the number of votes that a Anti wins vs a Freedom loving supporter of the 2nd Amendment? The numbers in almost all cases is only a few thousand, often less!!! These are areas with

Does that seem like a lot...maybe, until you consider we have 110,000 Calgunners on here, not to mention their family, adult children and their families.

I am currently assisting David Miller http://www.vote4miller.net/, who is running for Congress. He is running against Grace Napolitano a career politician who loves taxing the rich and giving to the poor and pulls the family card more often then Oprah and Bill Gonzalez who personally worked hand in hand to fight the 2nd Amendment with his good associate, Diane Fienstien.

We have done the math, and if only 70% of the registered voters came out and voted for him, he would win. If we could get half of the undecided voters to vote, he would win. It's insane how simple it is, yet everyday we hear it is impossible.

But.....man power, and getting his name and message out is what is going to do it. My area is about 60% Democrat and 20% Republican. The other 20% is a mix of Green, Libertarian, Independent, and No Party Affiliation with NPA being the majority by far.

Sorry, end rant. Food for thought.

Check out the table on the right of this page for Fundraising: http://www.opencongress.org/wiki/CA-32

Andrew

me109g4
05-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Good points made here,, remember, if u dont vote dont ***** about the result,,,,,

socalbowhunter
05-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Oppose Sharia Law, and Islamic infiltration of our legislature, judiciary, law enforcement and military

No agenda whats-so-ever. :rofl2:

Oh, and before I get flamed, it was a joke. I oppose Sharia Law or any other law that is not directly linked to the US Constitution.

OrenG
05-28-2012, 12:28 PM
It's a place put all the criminals our stupid laws are creating.

I don't know which stupid laws you're speaking of but I don't think it's people being prosecuted and imprisoned for gun law violations. The vast majority of them are in prison because they did something you and I would consider worthy of prison time.

Rabbi Shifren seems to have a pretty good understanding of how our young men in the poorer urban areas come to be engrained in the thug culture and end up turning to that sort of life style. I think he's got some plans for how to stop that. I know that he advocates finding ways to reduce the $50,000 a year per inmate cost we are burdened with and I don't think the method is letting them go.

Back to guns though, here's an interview he did last month:

Kjfvg388B5o&

scarville
05-28-2012, 1:54 PM
I don't know which stupid laws you're speaking of but I don't think it's people being prosecuted and imprisoned for gun law violations. The vast majority of them are in prison because they did something you and I would consider worthy of prison time.
I am not opposed to using tents to house prisoners. I'm just not sure it is a good ideas to make incarceration too cheap in a state where the legislature's first response to anything is to create a new crime. Add that to the fact the prison guards are unionized public employees and I don't think a tent city prison will work out quite like its proponents think.

Back to Shifren. Was he ever part of the Jewish Defense League? For some reason the name Shifren and Irv Rubin are associated in my mind and I'm not sure why.

AVS
05-28-2012, 1:58 PM
A list of recommended state senators and district attorney's would be helpful.

(Not that they would be followed blindly, but the suggestions are certainly welcome.)

johnny_22
05-28-2012, 2:56 PM
The CPRA puts out a voter guide for each election, including primaries:

http://blog.crpa.org/?page_id=2208

It's another data point.

wjc
05-28-2012, 5:09 PM
The "Surfing Rabbi" ...yes, that's his nickname, may be a little too extreme at this time. I've been reading up on him and he's not looked upon to favorably by the Jewish Community. At least that's the intel I got so far...

He also may alienate a lot of independents when we need to focus on getting Feinstein out.

Emken is the Republican favorite but that could be bad as she would support the "establishment" position.

I'm waffling between Hughes and Lightfeather...probably go towards Hughes.

OrenG
05-28-2012, 6:03 PM
I am not opposed to using tents to house prisoners. I'm just not sure it is a good ideas to make incarceration too cheap in a state where the legislature's first response to anything is to create a new crime. Add that to the fact the prison guards are unionized public employees and I don't think a tent city prison will work out quite like its proponents think.

Back to Shifren. Was he ever part of the Jewish Defense League? For some reason the name Shifren and Irv Rubin are associated in my mind and I'm not sure why.

I don't know about any Jewish Defense League, but I do know he went over to England and participated in the EDL rallies. There's a video taken by some Muslim who asked him a few questions. Can't say I blame him for the answers he gave.

OrenG
05-28-2012, 7:41 PM
What's everyone's take on Prop 29? I'm under the impression that either way it's not an ideal situation.

It reduces the total time allowed as an elected official to 12 years, but it extends the amount of time you can stay in either house.

I figure I'm voting no on it because that means they have less time to get things done that will overall harm us before going up for re-election and being accountable for whatever they do.

Flopper
05-29-2012, 7:15 PM
What's everyone's take on Prop 29 [sic]? I'm under the impression that either way it's not an ideal situation.

It reduces the total time allowed as an elected official to 12 years, but it extends the amount of time you can stay in either house.

I figure I'm voting no on it because that means they have less time to get things done that will overall harm us before going up for re-election and being accountable for whatever they do.

I'm voting no. Click below to decide for yourself:

Arguments for and against Prop 28 (http://voterguide.sos.ca.gov/propositions/28/arguments-rebuttals.htm)

My take: if 28 goes through they get to keep running as the hugely powerful (and nearly guaranteed win) incumbent for 12 years.

Right now after 6 years (Assembly) or 8 years (Senate), if they wish to remain in the state legislature, they have to run for office in the other house, which is much more difficult than running as the incumbent year after year and gives a better chance for our type of candidate getting their foot in the door.

You'll find in the link above that the groups against 29 are all for limited gov, whereas the big proponent of 29 is the League of Women Voters, which lost it's way about 90 years ago. . .

johnny_22
05-30-2012, 9:32 AM
I'm voting no. Click below to decide for yourself:

Arguments for and against Prop 28 (http://voterguide.sos.ca.gov/propositions/28/arguments-rebuttals.htm)

My take: if 28 goes through they get to keep running as the hugely powerful (and nearly guaranteed win) incumbent for 12 years.

Right now after 6 years (Assembly) or 8 years (Senate), if they wish to remain in the state legislature, they have to run for office in the other house, which is much more difficult than running as the incumbent year after year and gives a better chance for our type of candidate getting their foot in the door.

You'll find in the link above that the groups against 29 are all for limited gov, whereas the big proponent of 29 is the League of Women Voters, which lost it's way about 90 years ago. . .

Well, except for my district. Torrico was a real anti-gunner who stopped answering my emails, since we never agreed. He hand picked Wieckowski for the 20th Assembly district. Bob never answers my emails and ignores my wishes in voting.

What I like about Prop 28 is that anyone in the Assembly or Senate are not affected by the change. They are termed out with the old conditions. The newly elected person will get the new term limits.

I plan to vote yes on Prop 28 (and vote against Wieckowski).

taperxz
05-30-2012, 10:07 AM
The CPRA puts out a voter guide for each election, including primaries:

It's another data point.

Whether their guide is right or wrong, would you really take advice from an organization that does not believe in fair elections? Just sayin... There has to be a credibility issue in this particular case IMHO

Flopper
05-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Well, except for my district. Torrico was a real anti-gunner who stopped answering my emails, since we never agreed. He hand picked Wieckowski for the 20th Assembly district. Bob never answers my emails and ignores my wishes in voting.

What I like about Prop 28 is that anyone in the Assembly or Senate are not affected by the change. They are termed out with the old conditions. The newly elected person will get the new term limits.

I plan to vote yes on Prop 28 (and vote against Wieckowski).

San Jose Mercury News today recommended voting Yes on Prop 28, so that means I'm DEFINITELY voting NO.

The Original Godfather
05-30-2012, 12:40 PM
San Jose Mercury News today recommended voting Yes on Prop 28, so that means I'm DEFINITELY voting NO.

Love it.

vincewarde
05-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Often times our votes are not going to make a difference on the 2nd Amendment because all those running - and who actually have a chance to win - are 100% opposed to us.

On the other hand, there are times when there is a candidate who agrees 100% with us who has no chance to win, another candidate who can possibility win and agrees with us 50% of the time and yet another candidate who disagrees with us 100% of the time.

Given the above situation, I will vote for the candidate who agrees with us half the time and has a chance every time. On the other hand, if both of the main party candidates are equally anti-gun, I will vote for a pro-freedom candidate as a protest.

Just my .02 worth.

NotEnufGarage
05-31-2012, 1:22 PM
A list of recommended state senators and district attorney's would be helpful.

(Not that they would be followed blindly, but the suggestions are certainly welcome.)

What would be really useful would be if the 2A attorneys could compile a list of county and state judges and their history of 2A related decisions, so we know who to keep and who to discard.

wjc
05-31-2012, 3:29 PM
Maybe not 2a but this is the list for the primary listing all the candidates.

http://smartvoter.org/

Click "CA State Primary" and do your own research, mebbe?

SoCal Gunner
06-05-2012, 2:01 PM
Really wish we had more to go on with the Judicial Offices. Any known pro/anti 2A candidates for Superior Court Judge?

ptoguy2002
06-05-2012, 2:16 PM
NRA web site:
http://www.nrapvf.org/grades-endorsements/2012/california.aspx
Though it doesn't help much for some spots..

ptoguy2002
06-05-2012, 2:37 PM
Except I didn't like either judge after looking them up, issues with both, so I was trying to think of somebody who I could write in that would swing that ban hammer from the bench:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i123/ptoguy2002/cdcc5871.jpg

NoJoke
06-05-2012, 3:11 PM
Sweet! Dist 76 has a straight A (R) rating! Win Win Win! :D (from the CRPA site)

...but....

NRA site has more:

ROCKY J. CHAVEZ (R) Grade: AQ

FARRAH DOUGLAS (R) Grade: AQ

SHERRY HODGES (R) Grade: A-

So, 2 candidates have questionnaire grades of "A"
and one candidate has an actual rating of A-
What weighs more, perfect answers to a questionnaire or actual performance of A- ???????????

HELP! :-)

BoxesOfLiberty
06-05-2012, 3:40 PM
Really wish we had more to go on with the Judicial Offices. Any known pro/anti 2A candidates for Superior Court Judge?

http://www.judgevoterguide.com/

This is an interesting site for Judicial nominees. Take a look at their Judicial Index scores.

Generally you want the candidates with the higher judicial indexes:

Higher numbers = Strict Constructionalist = Good for 2A
Lower numbers = Living Constitution Types = Bad for 2A

ptoguy2002
06-05-2012, 3:48 PM

This is an interesting site for Judicial nominees. Take a look at their Judicial Index scores.

Hum, wish I saw that before I voted for kestryl

wireless
06-05-2012, 4:06 PM

Rabbi Shifren seems to have a pretty good understanding of how our young men in the poorer urban areas come to be engrained in the thug culture and end up turning to that sort of life style. I think he's got some plans for how to stop that. I know that he advocates finding ways to reduce the $50,000 a year per inmate cost we are burdened with and I don't think the method is letting them go.

Back to guns though, here's an interview he did last month:

Kjfvg388B5o&

Like non-violent drug offenders who take up 50% of our prison and should be treated in a public health setting rather than criminal setting?

We have 5% of the world's population yet we imprison 25% of the world's population.

Something isn't right.

And english only in schools? Seriously? If any of you really want your gun rights in California you will have to accept that we will never, ever have a Sheriff or House member like Maricopa county. If that's what you truly want there is another state where you can enjoy that luxury. Picking our battles over what's truly important will win us gun ownership. Attempting to keep schools English only as Caucasians are rapidly becoming the minority will only hurt our credibility when it comes to gun ownership.

PixelBender
06-05-2012, 7:13 PM
I hate to say it, I'm not voting this time around. I have not spent enough time educating myself on who to vote for and what propositions I am for or against.

A lapse of civic responsibility, I know...

Meety Peety
06-05-2012, 8:39 PM
I lol'd... Then I realized he was seriously running. Insert facepalm here.

SoCal Gunner
06-05-2012, 8:42 PM

Excellent tip and I did review that website. Thanks for the link

CCWFacts
06-05-2012, 8:52 PM
The "Surfing Rabbi" ...yes, that's his nickname, may be a little too extreme at this time. I've been reading up on him and he's not looked upon to favorably by the Jewish Community. At least that's the intel I got so far...

My guess is that the Reform / Conservative communities oppose him and the Orthodox community supports him. The Orthodox community is in line with his positions. They do not see a reason for thugs to be out and about, they see the risks of our current out of control immigration policies, and they are pro-RKBA.

The Reform community has nearly opposite views on all these topics.

He also may alienate a lot of independents when we need to focus on getting Feinstein out.

Unfortunately the only thing that will get Feinstein out will be the grim hand of time, and her replacement will be someone worse.

I fully agree with Andrew that our votes matter, and many races, especially the lower-profile races, are things we can change. If even 10% of gun owners in California voted for gun rights we would have shall-issue and no AWB.

To tie Feinstein back to Andrew's point: Feinstein's first elected position was to a parole board! Do you even think about such low-level elections? That's where things start. We need to target those elections, like school boards, Democratic party committees, and such things that are under the radar. Those are the places where us 100,000+ Calgunners can pick the winner, and it sets us up for winning long-term. The unions here have used this technique to allow a small minority (union members) to take over this state. We should focus hard on the bottom-shelf elections. I'm if any of our prominent members put their names on the ballot for some of these low-profile positions, they would win.