PDA

View Full Version : Is my shotgun legal in CA?

tomhenry
05-23-2012, 11:04 PM
I have a Remington 870 HD (extended tubular mag). I put a Knoxx collapsable stock on it.

Is this still legal in CA?

Also, am I remembering correctly that a Californian can have a hi cap Glock mag as long as it is a) before 2000 or b) broken down into parts?

Finally, a S&W M&P 15 PC. Varmint barrel (no flash suppressor), has a pistol grip and detachable mag. This is CA legal if it has a "bullet button?"

PoorRichRichard
05-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Tube mags are not subject to the 10 round or less law if I remember correctly. I know this is the case with some old 22s I like. Please correct me if I'm wrong. As for the Glock mag, I wouldn't chance possessing it all put together, especially if you imported it to CA.

Also, make sure that shotgun has an overal length of at least 26" with the stock fully collapsed.

Not sure about the last gun you listed.

xtra870
05-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Your M&P is legal with the bullet button as long as you do not use magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds.

Any questions check here: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Ron-Solo
05-23-2012, 11:45 PM
I have a Remington 870 HD (extended tubular mag). I put a Knoxx collapsable stock on it.

As long as the shortest overall length is 26" and the barrel length is a minimum 18", you are good to go

Is this still legal in CA?

Also, am I remembering correctly that a Californian can have a hi cap Glock mag as long as it is a) before 2000 or b) broken down into parts?

The magazine had to have been possessed in in California before January 1, 2000 to bring it back into California. Otherwise, you need to disassemble it while in California. Ten round magazines are easy to find here, so I would disassemble it and save for trips to Arizona, Nevada, or Oregon.

Finally, a S&W M&P 15 PC. Varmint barrel (no flash suppressor), has a pistol grip and detachable mag. This is CA legal if it has a "bullet button?"

You would need to install a "Bullet Button" or similar device and only use a ten round or less magazine. Eleven rounds and up will kick in our silly assault weapon laws, unless you go "featureless" and get a stock that does not have a pistol grip

Welcome to CalGuns!