PDA

View Full Version : Why no 2a talk on conservative talk radio?...& challenge to KOGO AM 600- SD

NoJoke
05-23-2012, 8:11 PM
Talk radio is really doing well for conservatives as a whole but there is a noticeable lack of discussions centered around "the evil black gun" it seems.

Why are they afraid of this topic?

I've written a challenge to San Diego's AM 600 Chip Franklin:

"Hi Chip,
I know you appreciate people who have opinions that differ from yours – so I hope you are not disappointed when I tell you that I agree with nearly everything you talk about.

However, have you considered expanding your subject base?

Why is there never any talk about the ludicrous gun laws in California?

There are bad people in California and every individual should have an opportunity to protect themselves!

Nearly every state in the union has a “shall issue” CCW permit policy – with NO blood in the streets yet they have lower crime rates.

In San Diego, sheriff Gore says NO to almost every application, unless you are of the “privileged” class – an incredibly low approval rate.

I listen to stories of people on your show, maybe like the girl in Chula Vista, I believe it was, who hid under her bed texting for help. You commented, what if the bad guy looked under the bed.

My comment would be, what if she had a gun to defend herself with?

I hope to hear more pro 2a on the radio.

Lastly, why do you think the 2amendment was included AND written so simply and clearly?

Fear of tyranny?

Thanks for your consideration and hopefully I can hear more about your SUPPORT of this important issue.

Thanks!

Chip Franklin: http://www.kogo.com/pages/chipfranklinmornings.html

I know Roger Hedgecock mentioned his CCW when he had it and when he was with KOGO - later on he said he let it lapse

Will Chip adopt a new topic or let it pass??????

Just Dave
05-23-2012, 8:32 PM
I've never heard any gun talk on KOGO unless it was Hedgecock talking about F&F. Hedgecock's new station 760 KFMB advertises gun shows and retailers.
KOGO? I don't think KOGO is 2A friendly.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2 while driving

NoJoke
05-23-2012, 9:14 PM
OK, sent him a link to the thread.

http://www.760kfmb.com/category/228053/the-roger-hedgecock-show

Jason P
05-23-2012, 9:30 PM
Sirius Channel 125 Patriot. The 2nd Amendment gets mentioned on there at least once (LOL) a day. Hell, 2 hours of NRA News every night M-F from 6-8PM PDT is worth the $13/month.

And then there's the Wilkow Majority!

NYsteveZ
05-23-2012, 9:34 PM
Im in San Diego too. There is also 760 KFMB who use to play Michael Savage. Frankly, Savage sounds insane. He drones, talks about his dog Teddy and recipes. He also lives in San Francisco (which speaks volumes) and can be seen frequenting the restaurants there. Ive emailed him on Veterans issues long ago to no avail. When someone calls to disagree with him, he calls them idiots, and embarrasses then nationally-uncalled for. The Howard Stern of Conservative radio who gives us a bad name.
Rick Roberts-THERE is a man I can proudly say lives what he preaches. Ive spoken with him a couple times, and even the people that call to disagree with him he does not get hostile like Savage. Very reasonable and down to earth in his thinking. He has his moments, but all of his rants are usually provoked and deserved.
KOGO....If you can spin the story to sound like a conspiracy, Im sure George Noory and friends on Coast to Coast AM will pick it up :TFH:
ALSO-Sometimes speaking about a subject hurts the cause. Perhaps it is best it isnt mentioned on those shows judging by the posts newbies here were posting.

NoJoke
05-24-2012, 5:23 AM
http://www.iheart.com/#/live/257/?autoplay=true

hammerhead_77
05-24-2012, 7:25 AM
...Savage sounds insane. He drones, talks about his dog Teddy and recipes. He also lives in San Francisco (which speaks volumes) and can be seen frequenting the restaurants there. Ive emailed him on Veterans issues long ago to no avail. When someone calls to disagree with him, he calls them idiots, and embarrasses then nationally-uncalled for. The Howard Stern of Conservative radio who gives us a bad name.

The biggest difference is that Howard is actually pro-gun (and typical NYC liberal kook on everything else)... Savage? Just a kook.

ja308
05-24-2012, 8:11 AM
Sirius Channel 125 Patriot. The 2nd Amendment gets mentioned on there at least once (LOL) a day. Hell, 2 hours of NRA News every night M-F from 6-8PM PDT is worth the $13/month.

NRA News is also available on he internet. www.nranews.com
I would enjoy listening to a local radio station that was part of the gun culture .

Keep up the dialog ,KOGO or other station may discover there is a huge market .

Idaho has some talk stations that featured gun talk.
Quite enjoyable

coyotebait
05-24-2012, 8:54 AM

NRA News is also available on he internet. www.nranews.com
I would enjoy listening to a local radio station that was part of the gun culture .

Keep up the dialog ,KOGO or other station may discover there is a huge market .

Idaho has some talk stations that featured gun talk.
Quite enjoyable

I haven't listened to A.M. radio since I got my XM....back around 03? 04? Would be good if local shows would talk about it. OP, wish I had an answer for you. Good on you for contacting him.

j411701
05-24-2012, 10:30 AM
KFI AM 640
Dark Secret Place. Brian Suites
http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=DarkSecretPlace

gunsmith
05-24-2012, 10:46 AM
often wondered why conservatives on terrestrial radio and TV avoid 2A issues ( except I have heard Gresham's guntalk in Reno before.) and satellite radio will talk guns.

stix213
05-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Guns as a topic for talk radio is usually a loser and hurts ratings. Most people, even casual 2A supporters, would rather listen to another topic or change the station.

NoJoke
05-24-2012, 2:31 PM
Guns as a topic for talk radio is usually a loser and hurts ratings. Most people, even casual 2A supporters, would rather listen to another topic or change the station.

Are you speaking about the topic of guns or 2a related?

Seems the topic of "keep and bear arms" could be interjected as a possible option to almost any of the violent crime radio reports....like the girl who had to hide under her bed texting for help in Chula Vista, as the bad guy ransacked the home.

I'm not talking about an outright "guns for 3 hours" but just including it in a point of view - all the conservative radio stations do claim to have an all inclusive spectrum of points of view.

Just seems they're leaving out one glaring point of view - self defense via the 2a.

Maybe these stations aren't quite as conservative as they might have you believe. :rolleyes: ...maybe the topic is too scary for them.

wjc
05-24-2012, 3:22 PM
Just an FYI.

I have heard firearm and firearm legislation topics discussed on KMJ-580 out of Fresno. They've even broadcast their show from PRK Arms. I think Congressman Devin Nunes was on that show and it was about LTC.

So, some conservative stations are discussing gun issues.

stix213
05-24-2012, 3:28 PM
Are you speaking about the topic of guns or 2a related?

Seems the topic of "keep and bear arms" could be interjected as a possible option to almost any of the violent crime radio reports....like the girl who had to hide under her bed texting for help in Chula Vista, as the bad guy ransacked the home.

I'm not talking about an outright "guns for 3 hours" but just including it in a point of view - all the conservative radio stations do claim to have an all inclusive spectrum of points of view.

Just seems they're leaving out one glaring point of view - self defense via the 2a.

Maybe these stations aren't quite as conservative as they might have you believe. :rolleyes: ...maybe the topic is too scary for them.

Yeah I was referring to what you call "guns for 3 hours," but you have a good point interjecting 2A into crime reports. Problem though is usually the short news reports at commercial breaks aren't made by the station. They will use ABC, CNN, etc for those.

Slim///
05-24-2012, 4:12 PM
My local station has a show dedicated to the 2a and guns on sunday mornings. And during the week the usual armed citizen reports on Jaz Mckay. 1560 knzr

NoJoke
05-24-2012, 5:42 PM
Well, I'll give Roger Hedgecock some credit today.

In talking about the newly announced armed RC helicopter ( http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=575641 ) Roger went on a bit of a tangent and ended in mentioning that the 2a has never really existed here. :lmao:

He started by saying that the 4th amendment was out the door, then the 5th amendment doesn't really exist anymore - then he said the 1st was being taken apart and finally.....

"....Hell, the 2nd amendment has never really existed" (or something along those lines)

Kudos Roger and keep it up! http://www.760kfmb.com/category/228053/the-roger-hedgecock-show

02psd
05-25-2012, 7:47 AM

I listen to Chip Franklin on my way to work and he did mention this. He said something to the effect of how would it have turned out if she had been armed. I know its isn't talked about all the time, but Chip does bring up firearms every so often.

Tack
05-25-2012, 7:51 AM
Chip Franklin and Roger Hedgecock both support CCW. They have a show to run, so it doesn't come up that often.

NoJoke
05-25-2012, 7:58 AM
Chip Franklin and Roger Hedgecock both support CCW.

They have a show to run, so it doesn't come up that often.

What does the highlighted have to do with the OP?

If they support it, and are honest, talk about it - it's important!