PDA

View Full Version : remington sportsman 12 gauge pump

MPunderdog
05-23-2012, 7:22 PM
anyone know much about this gun? i know it was bulit 84-86 and is bsically an 870 with wingmaster internals but what would a gun like this go for and what can it shoot?

another cal gunner is selling me one for a good price i wont say who or where lol i wnt it but just wanna get alittl emroe history before i make my choice

aippi
05-23-2012, 8:29 PM
Depends on the condition. It is just an 870 and was the predecessor to the Express model. If it is in very good condition then about $250. Less as the condition goes down. A new Express model would be about $100 more for a new 870 with a two year warranty. And if you wait a few months till September the $30 rebate will start for the new ones so the deal on a new one gets better.

swifty
05-24-2012, 3:10 PM
This was the version of the 870 before the Express, it was discontinued with the introduction of the Express.

What can it shoot? Ya gotta read the barrel for chamber and choke designations.

MPunderdog
05-24-2012, 9:19 PM
cool thanks for the info, to swifty isnt it ture that you can switch out the barrel and it could possibly say whatever you wanted with the shells it can fit or fire

also can i use new 870 parts on it?

MPunderdog
05-24-2012, 9:21 PM
to aippi and all others would you recommend this gun or should i just buy a new 870? im looking to hunt shoot skeet trap and what not but also would like an 18" for home defense

swifty
05-24-2012, 11:18 PM
cool thanks for the info, to swifty isn't it true that you can switch out the barrel and it could possibly say whatever you wanted with the shells it can fit or fire

also can i use new 870 parts on it?

Yes, the barrels can be switched. The chamber designation will let you know if the barrel is 2 or 3".

The serial number suffix denotes the maximum length of shell to use in the receiver. "V" = 2 and "M" denotes 3".

Current 870 parts will work.

aippi
05-25-2012, 6:38 AM
You decide. Used and unknown or for not much more, New with 2 year warranty. Plus since you want to use the weapon for HD and Sporting you would come out better getting a New Sporting model and simply getting an 18.5" barrel. If you wait 3 months the $30 rebate kicks in and it could even start August 1st.

MPunderdog
05-25-2012, 10:18 PM
thyanks guys, so over all recom me not to really buy it and just go for a new 870?

i just dont really know what to do my wife thinks i should just save and buy a new one in case this one has problems hes selling it for 185 which is a great deal but i also can get a 870 express for 390 out the door at my local gun store

dont know what to do help me out hes a very reliable buyer and seller thats not the problem its just down to basics