PDA

View Full Version : Ca State Senator Tony Strickland to Visit Island View Enterprises Range July 7th

islandviewent
05-23-2012, 5:10 PM
In an effort to get ahead of the bb craziness I recently reached out to State Senator Tony Strickland (Ventura County.) I invited him to the range and told him that the Citizens of Ca are looking for Politicians that will fight to preserve the 2nd Amendment. I spoke with his office on multiple occasions and just confirmed that he will be at our range July 7th at 10am. This is a tremendous opportunity for the public to interact with a Politician and voice our concern about the infringement on our rights and the wasting of taxpayer $ in Sacramento. I invite as many Calgunners to attend as possible I would like to open the eyes of the Politicians to how many California Citizens care about our 2nd Amendment rights!

nick
05-23-2012, 5:18 PM
Might be a good time to ask him why he chose to vote for the bill banning hunting boar and bear with dogs.

Some Guy
05-23-2012, 5:23 PM
Might be a good time to ask him why he chose to vote for the bill banning hunting boar and bear with dogs.

Oh snap

zvardan
05-23-2012, 5:27 PM
Ignore the past results, focus on the future. This is full of win.

monk
05-23-2012, 5:33 PM
Ignore the past results, focus on the future. This is full of win.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

zvardan
05-23-2012, 5:34 PM
And those who dwell on the past will never make change.

USMCforLIFE
05-23-2012, 5:38 PM

LOL

nick
05-23-2012, 5:46 PM
Umm, the bill in question was voted on yesterday or the day before. Not exactly ancient history.

ICONIC
05-23-2012, 7:49 PM
Make friends not enemies.

monk
05-23-2012, 8:02 PM

He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past. -George Orwell

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

--------------------

That's right, it just got real.

nick
05-23-2012, 8:21 PM

However, if you don't hold people accountable, or even ask for an explanation, they will ignore you.

edward
05-23-2012, 8:28 PM
In an effort to get ahead of the bb craziness I recently reached out to State Senator Tony Strickland (Ventura County.) I invited him to the range and told him that the Citizens of Ca are looking for Politicians that will fight to preserve the 2nd Amendment. I spoke with his office on multiple occasions and just confirmed that he will be at our range July 7th at 10am. This is a tremendous opportunity for the public to interact with a Politician and voice our concern about the infringement on our rights and the wasting of taxpayer $ in Sacramento. I invite as many Calgunners to attend as possible I would like to open the eyes of the Politicians to how many California Citizens care about our 2nd Amendment rights!

Are you guys going to be showing him first hand exactly the difference between a BB and a Mag Magnet? Not saying you stock mag magnets or should actually demonstrate the procedural difference for him ;)... but will you be explaining the differences to him completely and thoroughly? I'm usually in VC on the weekends, have never been to your store before though. Might stop by, would love to here what the man has to say and if he is actually able to assimilate the differences between these very simple products.

ewarmour
05-23-2012, 8:44 PM

Bear and bobcat but anyhow he needs to know he f-ed up on that one.

islandviewent
05-23-2012, 8:47 PM
Are you guys going to be showing him first hand exactly the difference between a BB and a Mag Magnet? Not saying you stock mag magnets or should actually demonstrate the procedural difference for him ;)... but will you be explaining the differences to him completely and thoroughly? I'm usually in VC on the weekends, have never been to your store before though. Might stop by, would love to here what the man has to say and if he is actually able to assimilate the differences between these very simple products.

We do plan on reviewing what the issue is (BB).. I have no prior relationship with Senator Strickland and if you guys have questions about where he stands on issues I encourage you to ask him. I do respect him for making the trip to the range and investigating the issue first hand. I did a quick google search ( I might have missed something) but I could not find where any other State Senator in Ca has gone to a range to explore an issue first hand. I see people requesting to have politicians on our side, come July 7th and ask the questions and hopefully we can walk away at the end of the day with someone in a position of power on our side. If nothing else I respect the man for making the effort.

edward
05-23-2012, 8:56 PM
We do plan on reviewing what the issue is (BB).. I have no prior relationship with Senator Strickland and if you guys have questions about where he stands on issues I encourage you to ask him. I do respect him for making the trip to the range and investigating the issue first hand. I did a quick google search ( I might have missed something) but I could not find where any other State Senator in Ca has gone to a range to explore an issue first hand. I see people requesting to have politicians on our side, come July 7th and ask the questions and hopefully we can walk away at the end of the day with someone in a position of power on our side. If nothing else I respect the man for making the effort.

Agree with that. Looks more and more like I'll have something to do on the Morning of July 7th.

Would be great if you could get one of the right people from CGF to stop by and chat him up. I wonder if the CRPA/NRA legislative liaisons are on regular speaking terms with him.

IPSICK
05-23-2012, 9:17 PM

Ironically Kevin De Leon shoots trap.

islandviewent
05-23-2012, 9:41 PM
Agree with that. Looks more and more like I'll have something to do on the Morning of July 7th.

Would be great if you could get one of the right people from CGF to stop by and chat him up. I wonder if the CRPA/NRA legislative liaisons are on regular speaking terms with him.

We would love yo have someone from CGF, CRPA or NRA come by, they have an open invite.

louiebob
05-23-2012, 9:45 PM
What a powerful service the OP is doing for out 2nd amendment fight to keep and bear arms! A true patriot! Not sure why anybody would even question his efforts here... the anti's are exactly the ones we are looking to educate right?

bwiese
05-23-2012, 11:45 PM

You bet. Show him some 'love'.

Make sure he knows he's being watched. He prob thinks he can slide on guns because he's a Reep.

Don29palms
05-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Whatever. Have fun with that!

islandviewent
06-25-2012, 11:18 AM
just wanted to remind everyone this is still on schedule and is coming up!!

insik
06-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Good. Then i'll be there.

Johnnyfres
06-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Wish I could make the trip, I would have a lot to say to him.

Thanks for holding this, this a great way to get our word across to these politicians.

JackRydden224
06-25-2012, 1:07 PM
I will try to go but Ventura is just so faraway.

I do recommend that those who go be very polite and respectful. We have a politician who is willing to listen so let's not bombard him with subjects outside of his agenda. We'll win our rights back one at a time. The last thing we want is for him to think CA gun owners are anything but responsible citizens. The goal is to have him be on our side.

I agree with all of you on holding him responsible, but there is a time and place for everything.

dantodd
06-25-2012, 1:11 PM
It has been said that it is easier to apply pressure to people who claim to be on our side than to committed antis. Think about it. Is it really a threat to tell Jackie Spear that we will actively solicit gunnies to give to her opponent? Of course not, she has already discounted that vote. But tale a moderate republican who gives us milquetoast support but refuses to carry the water and threaten him with supporting an opponent, even if the opponent is anti-gun and you might actually have some leverage.

bwiese
06-25-2012, 8:05 PM

Those who do not punish or at least 'hold a political sword over' those that have offended gunnies are in effect antigun by results.

islandviewent
07-06-2012, 4:37 PM
FYI this is tomorrow

Capybara
07-06-2012, 5:10 PM
Hope some people are going to show up for him. Have you been hearing feedback on if people are going to show?

P.W.
07-06-2012, 5:34 PM
If ones of us does happen to make it there please be sure to ask him why he chose to vote for the bill banning hunting boar and bear with dogs. We need to let it be known that we will not tolerate this kind of behavior.

bwiese
07-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Right now Tony Strickland is our enemy.

Perhaps we can allow him to buy his way out - he'd better start kissing some NRA *** and work in the background and drive some incremental achieveable bills or mark something up.

Otherwise I'd like to see NRA Orange Cards go out on this SOB in his district. It's not like he's not replaceable with someone equal or better on the gun front.

wireless
07-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Someone better buy him a box of .223 and let him shoot an AR. The easiest way to convert an anti is to take them shooting.

They seem to have a hard time contextualizing that many people do it for sport.

ICONIC
07-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Someone better buy him a box of .223 and let him shoot an AR. The easiest way to convert an anti is to take them shooting.

They seem to have a hard time contextualizing that many people do it for sport.

+1 For this I have never met anyone who hated shooting an AR. Shoot one and you are hooked

RedMonkey
07-07-2012, 3:45 PM
So how did it go?

islandviewent
07-07-2012, 4:46 PM
It went well he is definitely pro 2a and in our corner on SB 249. I took him through the issues and printed him out the latest analysis of the Bill, done by CGF. He spent about an hr here at our facility. I also asked him about the dog hunting bill, and he said it was one he was really conflicted on. He said what swayed him to vote the way he did, was the passing of similar bills in other states, particularly Montana. Also his local jurisdiction was in favor of it. Like I have said in previous posts, I have no affiliation with Senator Strickland, this was the first time I have met him. The one positive thing I can take from it is that we had a State Senator visit our range and say he was for the preserving the 2nd Amendment. If someone else can recall another Senator in the State of Ca doing something similar to this please let me know, b/c I couldn't find any record of it.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/534987_10151030725384031_888122597_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/580917_10151030727384031_326433514_n.jpg

mmayer707
07-07-2012, 5:29 PM
Good stuff. Way to go.

The Original Godfather
07-07-2012, 5:40 PM
Too bad I'm in Santa Clara County.

If one of our politicians from SCC would've done that, I would've bought a lottery ticket for the first time in my life.

wjc
07-07-2012, 5:59 PM
Too bad I'm in Santa Clara County.

If one of our politicians from SCC would've done that, I would've bought a lottery ticket for the first time in my life.

I'm pretty sure Ahquist or Fong wouldn't get within a mile of a range...let alone meet with a constituent.

Nice going OP! Hopefully the good Senator has some better information now.

RedMonkey
07-07-2012, 6:31 PM
Nice going OP! Hopefully the good Senator has some better information now.

:iagree:

kato4moto
07-07-2012, 6:48 PM
Good job, OP!