PDA

View Full Version : Seller won't send purchase item on Gunbroker

shawnyteee
05-08-2007, 10:30 PM
I bought a RRA 2s LPK for 140 on gun broker from a guy that had +1142 feedback about 2.4 weeks ago. He cashed my check and hadn't seen the item from then. I emailed him and phone him but I would always get delivery notice failed when emailing him and his phone number is not in service. Also the website he runs is not in service.

I was just wondering what actions can I take. 140 is a lot to me since I'm running low on money because of college, and I would hate to do nothing to get back my money or item. He lives in Minnesota, so thats a down fall with dealing with this matter.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks calgun

btw. I also sent him a postal mail and he hasn't responded.

avidone
05-08-2007, 11:01 PM
If it was a Postal money order I would contact the postal inspector.

adamsreeftank
05-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Sounds fishy. You might look at the kind of items that he bought or sold and when he was getting all of that positive feedback.

I got scammed on E-bay by someone who stole another user's account. I've heard you can actually buy hacked E-bay accounts in Russia.

6172crew
05-09-2007, 7:35 AM
Can you give us a link to the auction?

Dr. Peter Venkman
05-09-2007, 7:48 AM
A friend of mine recently had a similar issue but he was trying to return an item he bought off of gunsamerica. What a pain in the *** that was.

Sounds to me like you got scammed by a guy who has his account fluffed by false positive rankings, or completely hacked all together. Contact gunbroker and let them know what is going on. They might have some suggestions. Second, call the non-emergency number of your local PD or sheriff's office to see what you can do. Either way you'd have to press charges against the guy and have him get served for an appearance in court. I don't know if California Law states that the person who gets served has to appear in the court of the person suing him. Even if that's the case you still have to work your college schedule around but hey, the semester and quarters are ending soon.

fairfaxjim
05-09-2007, 9:22 AM
Sorry to see anyone scammed or ripped off. However, now more than ever, we should be looking to buy local and keep Kali baed, and Kali supportive gun and accessory dealers well supported. You can vote with your wallet. We are getting an impressive array of venders just here on calguns, along with the vendors that support the group buys. The auction sites are getting more and more poluted with bad guys and rip off artists. Buyer beware!

turinreza
05-09-2007, 10:04 AM
buy stuff like that from know entities like lanworldinc , cws..etc..

Surveyor
05-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Was it this guy?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=47232

I was looking at some of his stuff.

ibanezfoo
05-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Good luck. My friend bought a turbo timer for his car for over $400 off ebay. They sent him the box to the timer, with no device inside! At first the guy seemed to want to work with him, even admitting his employees steal from him... but then basically just dropped it all and gave my friend a big F-U. My friend reported it though local law enforcement, FBI fraud, eBay, and Paypal... you know what was done about it? Zip, zero, nada! Not even a return phone call. Sucks to be out of your cash, but I wouldn't hold your breath for getting it back. Is the seller local? You could pay him a visit and see whats up.....

-Bryan

6172crew
05-09-2007, 10:37 AM
You can also give negative feedback and that might get him to contact you.:confused:

shawnyteee
05-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'll start using postal money orders from now on. well no reason hiding this guys name.

His gunbroker account is WWW.TACTICALSUPPLYDEPOT.COM
name is Eddie Dobbs. I made the mistake in not looking into his feedback thoroughly. Turns out he has had around 5 negative feedback dealing with the same problem I've had.

His email is ndobbs08@sprintpcs.com. Try to email him and you'll see the problem.

Rite now...I'm not feeling to happy with letting this go. I hate people like this so, even if it takes me 200 dollars for a lawyer or 600 for a plane ticket, I'm gonna get back my money or at least some peace of mind. To assure cal guns, I'm not referring to any physical actions.

Fate
05-09-2007, 12:30 PM
If it was a Postal money order I would contact the postal inspector.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That will get you a big dose of "government inaction" (yeah, the lack of a space is intentional ;) ). Trust me, they won't do anything about $150.

Madrich
05-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'll start using postal money orders from now on. well no reason hiding this guys name.

name is Eddie Dobbs. I made the mistake in not looking into his feedback thoroughly. Turns out he has had around 5 negative feedback dealing with the same problem I've had.

His email is ndobbs08@sprintpcs.com. Try to email him and you'll see the problem.

Rite now...I'm not feeling to happy with letting this go. I hate people like this so, even if it takes me 200 dollars for a lawyer or 600 for a plane ticket, I'm gonna get back my money or at least some peace of mind. To assure cal guns, I'm not referring to any physical actions.
I have the exact same problem.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=52694
unfortunately I waited to long, I contacted him by phone on May 1st and he still gives me the runaround that my refund is coming. Don't believe that dildo. Leave him a negative feedback, start building your case against him. File fraud against him. Right now I'm in the process of filing fraud with the USPS because I paid by USPS MO. Make sure you copy, save and print out all winning bid information because Gunbroker will delete it in 2 months.
Use all the Gunbroker complaint options also.
Don't let this guy get away, he has allot of good feedback but I think those were just $20 items. He'll keep the big dollars for himself.
I'll go with you to collect, I also know that he frequents Las Vegas, cause whenever I call he says "I just got into Las Vegas, and it's been a long trip. Let me call you back in an hour". He'll never call back.
Good luck.

KenpoProfessor
05-09-2007, 12:59 PM

I've twice gotten kits from Eddie with prompt shipment of DPMS LPK's. I always end up spending way too much time on the phone with him so I've gotten to know him pretty well and I've met him at the gun shows in Vegas. He will take care of business for you, call him and remind him. He's a busy guy that flies to back and forth to Vegas for his customers, many here in CA and would consider him top notch.

Here is my feedback and he's at the top and bottom.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.asp?User=701246

I'm sorry this has happened, and I'm sure that your problem will come to end with a good solution for both.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

shawnyteee
05-09-2007, 1:00 PM
I have the exact same problem.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=52694
unfortunately I waited to long, I contacted him by phone on May 1st and he still gives me the runaround that my refund is coming. Don't believe that dildo. Leave him a negative feedback, start building your case against him. File fraud against him. Right now I'm in the process of filing fraud with the USPS because I paid by USPS MO. Make sure you copy, save and print out all winning bid information because Gunbroker will delete it in 2 months.
Use all the Gunbroker complaint options also.
Don't let this guy get away, he has allot of good feedback but I think those were just $20 items. He'll keep the big dollars for himself.
I'll go with you to collect, I also know that he frequents Las Vegas, cause whenever I call he says "I just got into Las Vegas, and it's been a long trip. Let me call you back in an hour". He'll never call back.
Good luck.

you got it man. well I'm gonna contact gb rite now and also any other places that can help, like my bank. I'm giving around the end of the month before I by a plane ticket there, so if your willing to go I'll contact you.

ps. I'm also going to contact the people that gave him negative feedback.

6172crew
05-09-2007, 1:06 PM
Try bashing him here.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SubmitFeedbackForm.asp

shawnyteee
05-09-2007, 1:27 PM
Try bashing him here.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SubmitFeedbackForm.asp

: / if only I can spam that. Theres so little you can say in 200 characters.

jester
05-10-2007, 5:39 AM
Damn, hopefully I get my stuff. I just sent this guy some money for some stuff on monday...USPS money order though..

gidddy169
05-10-2007, 6:14 AM
I would never use a usps money order unless I had to I was ripped off for $200 and they did absolutely nothing. $200 is not worth their time. I try to use credit cards now because most of them have fraud protection so you can recoup some if not all of your money. I have been able to get some money back using debit cards also. AGAIN DON'T USE USPS MONEY ORDERS THEY WILL DO NOTHING!

ThomasMagnum
05-10-2007, 6:57 AM
I would never use a usps money order unless I had to I was ripped off for $200 and they did absolutely nothing. $200 is not worth their time. I try to use credit cards now because most of them have fraud protection so you can recoup some if not all of your money. I have been able to get some money back using debit cards also. AGAIN DON'T USE USPS MONEY ORDERS THEY WILL DO NOTHING!

This is good advice. While technically you can recover lost or stolen USPS money orders, that never ends up being the case. The only advantage you have with money orders is the threat of mail fraud, which is a federal crime. I say threat because if the bozo knows anything about being a criminal, they'll know the last thing that will happen is that some postal inspector will come knocking on their door over a few hundred dollars. When dealing out of state always use a credit card. They are really the only avenue of payment where you have a good chance at getting your money back. Debit cards are good too but they don't usually offer all the same protections as credit cards are required by law to.

Blacktail 8541
05-10-2007, 7:49 AM
If your debit card has a cc logo, use the CC option when completeing the transaction. You will then have the same protection as useing a credit card.

dwtt
05-10-2007, 10:00 PM
1. post feedback on gunbroker to warn others
2. call the postal inspectors to file a complaint against the guy.
3. When you get the canceled check, send a copy of the canceled check to the post office.

I have never filed a complaint with the postal inspectors for mail order stuff, only for our local post office which had some employees throwing away mail, but these are some of your options after the fact.

bg
05-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Contact the FBI. They seem to be interested i internet fraud. >
http://www.ic3.gov/

shawnyteee
05-10-2007, 11:17 PM
I have just talk to him today. He assures that the item will be shipped tomorrow. If so, I should be getting it this week. If I don't I'll probably take action with your advices.

kennisonxgs
05-10-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm not sure I would buy from someone with ad-infested website such as www.tacticalsupplydepot.com. The site just screams "spyware!" Yuck.

mark3lb
05-11-2007, 8:43 AM
I have just talk to him today. He assures that the item will be shipped tomorrow. If so, I should be getting it this week. If I don't I'll probably take action with your advices.

Ask him for a tracking number for the shipment and see if it checks out.

Outlaw
05-11-2007, 8:48 AM
If you don't get it by next week, he's giving you the runaround.

shawnyteee
05-11-2007, 11:15 AM
ya I asked him for a tracking number when I talk to him, but I'm gonna have to call him again to confirm if its correct.

Dr. Peter Venkman
05-11-2007, 1:09 PM
I think I myself just got ripped at gunbroker for a Fin 91/30. ****er is not responding to my emails.

shawnyteee
05-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Ya Its confirm.. This guy is a total fraud.

The tracking number finally updated and it turns out he gave me a tracking number given to him for a item he is receiving.

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=2306325000004799 3210

I live in Mission Hills, Ca

Minnesota is way off.

Gonna give him a call and thenhead straight to the bank.

shawnyteee
05-18-2007, 10:26 AM
I've twice gotten kits from Eddie with prompt shipment of DPMS LPK's. I always end up spending way too much time on the phone with him so I've gotten to know him pretty well and I've met him at the gun shows in Vegas. He will take care of business for you, call him and remind him. He's a busy guy that flies to back and forth to Vegas for his customers, many here in CA and would consider him top notch.

Here is my feedback and he's at the top and bottom.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.asp?User=701246

I'm sorry this has happened, and I'm sure that your problem will come to end with a good solution for both.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Just looking back at this thread I've just notice this post. I wish you were right but I called him on May 10 and he said that the check finally cleared (cleared long time ago) and he finally got my postal mail on the 8th. He said he would mail it on the 11th and its now the 18th. A small mail with a 2 stage lpk shouldn't take that long to arrive here and also the tracking number being a fake kinda gave it away.

KenpoProfessor
05-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Just looking back at this thread I've just notice this post. I wish you were right but I called him on May 10 and he said that the check finally cleared (cleared long time ago) and he finally got my postal mail on the 8th. He said he would mail it on the 11th and its now the 18th. A small mail with a 2 stage lpk shouldn't take that long to arrive here and also the tracking number being a fake kinda gave it away.

Hey bro, gotta do what ya gotta do, I was hoping he'd come thru for ya.

The tracking number might have been the shipment to him to ship to you, maybe check that aspect and see.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

SMP2010
05-18-2007, 2:05 PM
Well I have dealt with this one time or more. Once with a handgun and once with a high priced ebay item. email me his name and address and I iwll get you whatever I can to help you get what you paid for. The police cannot be bothered to deal with these scams and the scammers know it. multi time big money scammers get caught, but low level ones are not worth the police time or effort in their eyes. Email me what you can and I will see what I can get for you.

shawnyteee
05-20-2007, 5:55 PM
Well I have dealt with this one time or more. Once with a handgun and once with a high priced ebay item. email me his name and address and I iwll get you whatever I can to help you get what you paid for. The police cannot be bothered to deal with these scams and the scammers know it. multi time big money scammers get caught, but low level ones are not worth the police time or effort in their eyes. Email me what you can and I will see what I can get for you.

Sorry but no thanks on the help.

Can't really trust someone who just made an account for this thread.

For all I know your probably Eddie.

6172crew
05-20-2007, 6:09 PM
Where are you from SMP2010? Can you tell us how you get the guy to send the goods?

Trempel
05-21-2007, 6:26 AM
A lot of big sellers on GB don't keep anything in stock. They're merely a transaction broker, who post the product and when someone buys, take their money. They basically take their cut from the markup they designate above dealer price and the product is drop-shipped from the warehouse. These warehouses are terrible about keeping an updated inventory list, hence the frequent delays on some things. The GB dealer could be looking on the distributor site where it says "number in stock - 5", but in reality after he places an order with them, he gets an email stating that it's on backorder.
There isn't much you can do. If after a resonable amount of time passed and you don't have your product or any response from the seller, file a report with Gunbroker. If someone is a deadbeat and either doesn't pay, or doesn't ship, GB will kill their account after a couple violations and dealers with a lot of positive feedback don't want that. You can just leave bad feedback, but for some guy with 1K+ of positive feedback it won't make much of a difference. He will however post a negative response to you and then you'll have to open a new account, 'cause others will be weary of you.

Yankee Clipper
05-21-2007, 7:15 AM
Sorry but no thanks on the help.

Can't really trust someone who just made an account for this thread.

For all I know your probably Eddie.

Smart move - let's see if he responds.

shawnyteee
05-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Just receive my item today after many conversations and postal issues.
Came with a complimentary enhance trigger guard.

tenpercentfirearms
05-24-2007, 10:39 AM

PM complete with my full name, address, phone number, DOB, SSN, bank account numbers, credit card numbers sent. I look forward to getting your help in getting my parts back! :rolleyes:

KenpoProfessor
05-24-2007, 10:54 AM

Glad Eddie came through for you, and added something a little extra. Shame it went down the way it did but you finally got your product and I suppose a semi-happy camper?

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

shawnyteee
05-26-2007, 2:08 PM
Glad Eddie came through for you, and added something a little extra. Shame it went down the way it did but you finally got your product and I suppose a semi-happy camper?

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Ya finally got it. Only one problem though.. it came with 2 rear take down pins. I had to buy a front take down pivot pin for 7 bucks shipped. All for all it doesn't take much to make me happy.

tenpercentfirearms
05-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Ya finally got it. Only one problem though.. it came with 2 rear take down pins. I had to buy a front take down pivot pin for 7 bucks shipped. All for all it doesn't take much to make me happy.

I have never had an issue with a RRA LPK. I have them with Stag every once in a while. I forward the customer information on to Stag with what was missing and Stag sends out replacements immediately. You should never buy new parts that are missing, it is the dealer and more importantly the manufacturer's responsibility to get those parts to you that you paid for.

Lateralus
05-26-2007, 11:40 PM
I can help with this thread....

I bought a CMMG upper from Eddie about 6 months ago. MY buddy SolidSnake87 bought an upper from him too. He worked fine for Solid, but it took him almost a month to ship my upper. He didnt charge my card until it shipped, so i thought he forgot about it and went on with life as usual. But lo and behold, it arrived on my door a month later and a charge appeared on my account.

Hes come through for us, just not very efficiently. I dont know what is happening with your order, but hes not out ther JUST to scam people (although it might be his hobby).

Hes just a crappy businessman. Did get me a good deal on a custom upper tho:)

Madrich
05-30-2007, 2:30 PM

Jeeez that guy's a numb nut! Is it a winter trigger guard?
If it is, that's the item I won 2 months ago, and he still hasn't shipped it to me...
I hope this mail fraud report works. I also have Gunbroker looking into it.