PDA

View Full Version : If I order an AK off of ClassicArms.com .....

Mr. Gillious
05-23-2012, 4:16 PM
the FFL dealer that I get it shipped to will have to put the bullet button on...correct?

I want an AK to add to my collection

Somebody please help me how to do this whole online ordering thing

THANKS!

chead
05-23-2012, 4:21 PM
Classic Arms doesn't ship to California and will not ship to a middle-man if they know it's going to California. Just buy local, it's going to be cheaper after you add up shipping and FFL costs.

Mr. Gillious
05-23-2012, 4:39 PM
damn... that's right

any suggestions where to get an AES10-B?

boamedt
05-23-2012, 7:24 PM
I just orded an AK from Classic. They DO ship to Cali and will ship to ur ffl as it doesnt matter that ur ffl recieves a gun with out a BB. A normal ffl can and most likely will put a bullet button on it....my ffl offered this service last time I bought a firearm from him, Saturday, without me even asking. I highly recomend Classic Arms for someone who needs a firearm shipped to there Cali ffl

Ak707
05-23-2012, 7:42 PM
I thought that firearms shipped into Cali had to be compliment w our laws before it ships in to Cali. I guess I was wrong

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
05-23-2012, 7:42 PM
Classic Arms doesn't ship to California and will not ship to a middle-man if they know it's going to California. Just buy local, it's going to be cheaper after you add up shipping and FFL costs.

^ this

Ibgreezy
05-23-2012, 8:24 PM
Wow! I didn't know classic was shipping to here. Last I called them last year they said they wouldn't. I wanted a chrome Draco from them.

Ibgreezy
05-23-2012, 8:31 PM
Oh yeah and their shooters packages are pretty sweet

Capybara
05-23-2012, 8:40 PM
If they are not shipping to California, they sure have increased their presence on Calguns over the past few days, answering questions about their new website. They seem like good people and they do ship to California as far as I know.

chead
05-23-2012, 9:09 PM
Wow, I stand corrected, sorry! They used to be very anti-CA. I'm glad they ship here now, sorry for the bad info.

Mr. Gillious
05-24-2012, 6:48 AM
Wow, I stand corrected, sorry! They used to be very anti-CA. I'm glad they ship here now, sorry for the bad info.

it's coo. yeah i asked a crap load of people and just had to ask on calguns cause everyone I asked said yes and no and I just had to really know

elSquid
05-24-2012, 10:04 AM
the FFL dealer that I get it shipped to will have to put the bullet button on...correct?

The rifle needs to be in legal form before entering the state.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12275.php

12280. (a)(1) Any person who, within this state, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, distributes, transports, or imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives or lends any assault weapon or any .50 BMG rifle, except as provided by this chapter, is guilty of a felony, and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for four, six, or eight years.

There are exceptions, but chances are they don't apply in your instance.

Ask Classic to install a maglock before they ship it to CA. If it's a fixed-stock AK, they also have the option of removing named features and making a 'featureless' rifle.

-- Michael

grammaton76
05-24-2012, 11:39 AM
I thought that firearms shipped into Cali had to be compliment w our laws before it ships in to Cali. I guess I was wrong

There are a lot of ways that were used back in the day, before there were readily available bullet buttons.

Easiest thing to do is unscrew the pistol grip so that it's featureless.

Another thing which dealers used to do back in the day was pull out the bolt carrier so that it's not semi-automatic, then ship the carrier to the customer and the rifle to the FFL.

Dirtbiker
05-24-2012, 11:44 AM
The rifle needs to ca compliant before it gets here unless the dealer has their AW permit like Riflegear does.

salazar44
05-24-2012, 12:06 PM
simple solution would be to remove the pistol grip.

nothing4u
05-24-2012, 1:08 PM
I just orded an AK from Classic. They DO ship to Cali and will ship to ur ffl as it doesnt matter that ur ffl recieves a gun with out a BB. A normal ffl can and most likely will put a bullet button on it....my ffl offered this service last time I bought a firearm from him, Saturday, without me even asking. I highly recomend Classic Arms for someone who needs a firearm shipped to there Cali ffl

A FFL with an AW Dealers permit can receive them without a bullet button installed. Make sure of this ahead of time as you may have to have them install a bullet button device before they ship it.