PDA

View Full Version : bipod recommendations for psl?

Bigben
05-23-2012, 2:49 PM
I will be putting a sling swivel in the foregrip and am looking for recommendations for a good bipod.

Whitefang
05-23-2012, 3:28 PM
Atlas, or Harris brms model just got one recently and love it

icenix
05-23-2012, 5:37 PM
www.harrisbipods.com

Different options, fast shipping, and great quality. I got mine a couple of months ago and I love it!!!

Mac7504
05-23-2012, 5:45 PM
Atlas, or Harris brms model just got one recently and love it

If you have the cash...It is sooo money. The quality is soo nice!!!
Got mine from a Vendor here when they were not taking any more public orders (to catch up on a military contract).

If not, the others (Harris) will do just fine.

soopafly
05-23-2012, 5:47 PM
Will the rifle strictly be a bench shooter/plinker/fun gun?

Then the cheapo Winchester branded Harris knockoff that Wal-Mart sells will work.

Want better quality? Go ahead with an actual Harris bipod.

Feel like spending too much money? You'll be happy with the Atlas, as it's what the "high speed, low drag" guys are using these days.

Dan-0-
05-23-2012, 5:52 PM
I've got a brand new Atlas Bipod for ya.
$225 shipped.

Fate
05-23-2012, 6:31 PM
You'll lose accuracy with the handguard mount. Any pressure on the barrel forward of the receiver is bad. Look at photos of Romanian snipers (and Russian ones with SVDs) and you'll notice they hold the magazine or support the rifle from the bottom of the receiver in most cases.

Best to drill the receiver and put a mount in front of the magazine if looking to get the most out of a bipod. However, it's going to affect your rifle's "collectors value."

Mine currently has a 2" piece of picitinny rail (from Ergo) mounted to the bottom of the receiver. Nuts fit inside the receiver with room to spare. Attached to that is a CAA bipod. Planning on eventually getting the GG&G Extreme Heavy Duty Swivel Bipod with picitinny rail mount quick detach lever.

Josh3239
05-23-2012, 7:35 PM
I believe you get what you pay for, but let me tell you that if you want to go cheap Caldwell is an excellent product for lower end bipods. I sold an unused one to a friend who put it on his Savage .223 and he loves it, I bought a taller one and put it on my Remington 700 .308 and it has been excellent. No problems with it and it has helped me achieve MOA (though a huge part of that is handloading but every little bit helps). For $20-$30 they are a heck of a deal, they aren't Harris but they do their job very well.

Mac7504
05-23-2012, 9:12 PM
Will the rifle strictly be a bench shooter/plinker/fun gun?

Then the cheapo Winchester branded Harris knockoff that Wal-Mart sells will work.

Want better quality? Go ahead with an actual Harris bipod.

Feel like spending too much money? You'll be happy with the Atlas, as it's what the "high speed, low drag" guys are using these days.

LOL.

Pin it to win it.