PDA

View Full Version : Going to Richmond Rod and Gun Club 5/9

shinigami
05-08-2007, 9:11 PM
I'm hitting the RR&GC tomorrow, so if any of you guys shoot on a wednesday...or don't work on wednesday's I'd be happy to meet some calgunners there...if anybody goes there that is....maybe I'm the only calgunner that goes there?

I'm going to be the guy with a m44, marlin 60, and a painted savage 10:D

I'll be there b/w 9am - 12pm

blkA4alb
05-08-2007, 9:22 PM
I go there, but won't be able to tomorrow. :(

shinigami
05-08-2007, 9:32 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that:D What day's do you go there?

blkA4alb
05-08-2007, 9:35 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that:D What day's do you go there?

Well I'm working on the weekends now, so not since I've started working weekends :( . Its probably been 3 months since I've been but I used to go Saturdays around 1 PM.

shinigami
05-08-2007, 9:41 PM
At least you get to shoot pistols at Bullseye, man, I think you're pretty much itching to shoot rifles..right about now :D

I'm making the most of my free time going to the range...I might not be able to go to the range for a while after this month :(

blkA4alb
05-08-2007, 9:43 PM
At least you get to shoot pistols at Bullseye, man, I think you're pretty much itching to shoot rifles..right about now :D

I'm making the most of my free time going to the range...I might not be able to go to the range for a while after this month :(

Yup, that I do. Most of my breaks at work consist of blasting a box of ammo out of whatever gun I want (usually the 220.)

Why whats up next month?

snobordr
05-09-2007, 7:45 PM
I would much rather have spent today at the range. RR&G is just down the road from me, yet I never get there. Knowing there might be a CG'er or two may change that, figure at the least I should not get hassled for my OLL right?

blkA4alb
05-09-2007, 7:47 PM
I've never been hassled about my OLL, and I've put nearly 3000 rounds through it there.

NRAhighpowershooter
05-09-2007, 8:19 PM
Richmond is verry OLL friendly....

shinigami
05-09-2007, 8:36 PM
I saw 3-4 AR-15's today... I didn't look if they were OLL. No hassle on OLL though. I was there from 9am - 1:30..... I got stuck on chatting with the old timers (got picked on about my goatee:rolleyes:), Got 2 free rounds of the sweetest, low recoil 7.62x54R round (handloaded) and the kick was like a .22. Got to shoot a 03 springfield from one of the old timers there too.

I had a great time today :D

Here's a vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmTgKheHWRo

sargenv
05-10-2007, 5:47 AM
RR&GC is my home range. But I hardly use the slow fire range these days. Once in a blue moon I'll use the 200 yard line if something is coming up, but mostly I stick to the range where you hear the rapid fire coming from around the back of the 25/100 yard berms. I tend to head out there during the week after work or on weekends when there is either IPSC practice on Sats or matches on sundays. I'll usually be wearing some flavor of revolver.

Vince

WokMaster1
05-10-2007, 7:36 AM
Do you need to be a special member to shoot back there? Do you need to check in the main office first or do they have another office in the back for sin in & targets, etc?

RR&GC is my home range. But I hardly use the slow fire range these days. Once in a blue moon I'll use the 200 yard line if something is coming up, but mostly I stick to the range where you hear the rapid fire coming from around the back of the 25/100 yard berms. I tend to head out there during the week after work or on weekends when there is either IPSC practice on Sats or matches on sundays. I'll usually be wearing some flavor of revolver.

Vince

shinigami
05-10-2007, 8:02 AM
Edit:

reread the last post and have no answer for that one....don't mind me

www.richmondrodandgun.com

sargenv
05-10-2007, 4:40 PM
Actually for Sat practice you need to pay at the 25/100 yard line, take your receipt back to the action line and they will brief you in on safety etc if you have never been there before. We operate a cold range but you can draw from a holster back there opposed to not being able to on the 25/100 line. On match days you'd pay on the action range. To see what it's all about you need not pay anything unless you intend to shoot. Come by and we'll be happy to show you around. Range officers on duty weare red RO hats. Usually between 3-6 are on duty on any Sat. This Sat will be an exception since it's the annual cleanup day. Practice resumes next Sat (5/19) @ 9:30.

Vince

wooger
05-10-2007, 5:32 PM
I went to RRGC for the first time in at least 14 years yesterday and had a great time. I think next time I'll take an OLL.

shinigami
05-10-2007, 5:48 PM
What time were you there wooger? I was at the 100 yrd. range 9-1pm yesterday..

wooger
05-15-2007, 8:06 PM
I was there between 2:30 and last session.