PDA

View Full Version : A question about full auto parts.

botica@live.com
05-23-2012, 3:37 AM
Sorry, I know this is probably a dumb qestion .Are folding stocks legal in cali to own when not attached to a firearm? must they be welded and or pinned fix or disassembled as parts? Can they be bought or sold?

what about full auto trigger packs or parts. not in a firearm. are they illegal or legal in cali? Can they be bought or sold?
thanks in advance , botica

Quiet
05-23-2012, 4:19 AM
A folding stock by itself is legal.

However, if you possess a handgun and an unattached folding stock designed for that handgun, you may run afoul Federal & state constructive possession laws regarding SBRs.

Other than that, they are legal to own by themselves.

Issues may arise when you attach it to a certain types of firearms.

botica@live.com
05-23-2012, 5:14 AM
thanx , But without a firearm,possession ,buying ,selling is legal ?

bwiese
05-23-2012, 9:51 AM
thanx , But without a firearm,possession ,buying ,selling is legal ?

Generally per Quiet's advice above, yes.

Notable exception is the "SlideFire" SSAR15 stock (and the AK version too) that facilitates bumpfilre/more rapid firing (according to even their own promotional literature & sales videos).

These devices are considered 'multiburst trigger activators' and are separately illegal even when not attached to a gun and even when no gun is possessed.

motorhead
05-23-2012, 10:03 AM
yes. legal on a fixed mag rifle as well as long as the required 30" OAL is maintained.

bohoki
05-23-2012, 10:24 AM
These devices are considered 'multiburst trigger activators' and are separately illegal even when not attached to a gun and even when no gun is possessed.

well we don't have an official response yet

botica@live.com
05-24-2012, 8:07 AM
thanks!

MotherGunner
05-24-2012, 8:13 AM
Hi Guys, I just saw this and wanted an opinion. You obviously cannot operate the rifle while in the folded position. Thoughts?

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/05/23/law-tactical-folding-stock/

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/law-tactical-1st-impression/STKL8263-A-1000-MT.jpg

bigcalidave
05-24-2012, 8:34 AM
I don't see how a stock that retains the buffer prevents the weapon from firing at least once in the folded position. It seems to come with a new design buffer, but how does it prevent the hammer from falling?

MotherGunner
05-24-2012, 9:53 AM
Dave, that's an excellent point that escaped me. Looking forward to other opinions but it's looking more illegal* by the minute...

*IMO when used on a CA configured rifle

botica@live.com
05-26-2012, 3:19 PM
ttt

Army
05-26-2012, 6:27 PM
I don't see how a stock that retains the buffer prevents the weapon from firing at least once in the folded position. It seems to come with a new design buffer, but how does it prevent the hammer from falling?
That one is piston driven, with it's operating spring extending forward over the operating rod housing. The spring "pulls" the bolt carrier back into battery. So, no need for a buffer and spring in the buttstock.