PDA

View Full Version : Strange shotgun shot

TaoFlederMaus
05-22-2012, 9:16 PM
We were filming some wax slug shots and captured this really odd thing.
Of course we never saw it happen in real time.

5FaJtoMSmes

rikitikijave
05-24-2012, 10:31 PM
What are the odds? Stoked you are on the forum. I've been a subscriber for awhile.
Thanks for the post.

dooodstevenn
06-07-2012, 3:23 PM
I dont remember where i heard this from, and i also may be wrong. But i believe the wax slug itself creates a low pressure zone right behind it, and when the wad comes out right behind it, it sometimes gets sucked in and follows the direct path of the slug

meaty-btz
06-07-2012, 3:58 PM
I dont remember where i heard this from, and i also may be wrong. But i believe the wax slug itself creates a low pressure zone right behind it, and when the wad comes out right behind it, it sometimes gets sucked in and follows the direct path of the slug

This is correct. The wad is trapped in the vortex of the leading slug. This can be seen in the motion of the wad. It is pretty rare though. Has to be just right.

bjl333
06-07-2012, 4:20 PM
This is correct. The wad is trapped in the vortex of the leading slug. This can be seen in the motion of the wad. It is pretty rare though. Has to be just right.

Yup!! I had a buddy doing the same thing with his motorcycle behind semi trucks! No gas and the suction just pulls the bike along!!

Warning: Don't try the motorcycle thing at home kids!!! The guy I'm referring to is nutz!!!

emsalex
06-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Me and my sv650 call (friendly) BS

OP thats nuts.