PDA

View Full Version : TRO Temporary restraining order

five.five-six
05-08-2007, 5:48 PM
I just received a TRO against my up stairs neighbor. He is a 27 year old punk living with his mom and using her car to sell pot. He has some queer ideas about how he owns the common area in front of our condo and how he deserves to have the best parking spots left for him... anyways; he has been threatening me, my wife and my 2 year old. Last night my surveillance cameras captured him in the bushes outside my window with a camera and a flashlight @ 9:45pm

He should be served at around 9:00pm wed night... by then we should be unpacked in our Maui hotel. I do not want to have my family anywhere near him when he gets served... perhaps he will trash my house or cars but my family is #1

My concern is that he will file a retaliatory TRO against me. Does anyone know if I will have to dispose of all my firearms with a TRO? Do I have to sell them? What would be my options?

ThomasMagnum
05-08-2007, 5:53 PM
The way I read the statute was that you only had to part with the guns as long as the order is in place. I'm not entirely sure how you go about doing that or who has to safekeep them for you but I'm fairly sure you don't have dispose of them.

pnkssbtz
05-08-2007, 5:56 PM
Wow, surveillance cameras and a hotel to escape too while a TRO is served.

You sure covered the bases! (Oh, and Maui? lol nice!)

Seriously who is going to notify the police if he breaks into your place and steals stuff/trashes the place?

dfletcher
05-08-2007, 6:08 PM
Would the AW problem occur if you had happened to have left the AW out of state while the TRO was in effect?

five.five-six
05-08-2007, 6:22 PM
Wow, surveillance cameras and a hotel to escape too while a TRO is served.

You sure covered the bases! (Oh, and Maui? lol nice!)

Seriously who is going to notify the police if he breaks into your place and steals stuff/trashes the place?

well i booked the trip a week ago... we just needed to get away from the guy. it just so happened that he pressed my hand over the last two days. I got my TRO in one day.

if he trashes my home or my car, well that is why I have state farm. also the DVR emails me photos of motion and it is on a UPS. I am installing a wireless 12V camera in my car. if he goes near it, it is a violation of his TRO and a felony, it will prety much ink the order that way I get off cheep!

MedSpec65
05-08-2007, 6:22 PM
YOU obtained a TRO on HIM. Your legal possession of firearms has nothing to do with the issue at hand, unless you make it so by informing him you have weapons etc. If he is dealing out of his Mom's car he is not likely to contest this with a retaliatory filing or by even showing up for his hearing date. Make sure the signed proof of service you get from the process server is filed in Superior Court and then make copies of the endorsed proof and submit these to your local Police Dept and the County Sheriff's Civil Division Office. I'm a Registered Process Server here in Northern CA and have served countless numbers of these through the years. Not my favorite paper. I hope the Agency you selected sends a seasoned server. It sounds like patiently waiting for this jerk to appear around your place is a better strategy than knocking on his door. Hope your server isn't in a hurry and loses the element of surprise. Make sure you renew the order after the statute runs out. Try to get a picture of this guy in the hands of your process server. Service is EVERTHING in these situations. Once you get him served it's only a matter of time before he's residing somewhere else (jail?) providing you get a Judge who isn't a mental defective like we get up here.

pnkssbtz
05-08-2007, 6:27 PM
YOU obtained a TRO on HIM.

I think he is asking "what if" the druggie takes a counter-restraining order on him.

MedSpec65
05-08-2007, 6:32 PM
I think he is asking "what if" the druggie takes a counter-restraining order on him.I edited my post. I frankly doubt somebody in his position would do this. I've been serving papers for over 15 years and have never seen a "Counter Restraining Order" filed or served.

five.five-six
05-08-2007, 6:34 PM
Service is EVERTHING in these situations. Once you get him served it's only a matter of time before he's residing somewhere else (jail?) providing you get a Judge who isn't a mental defective like we get up here.

It will be uniformed sheriffs serving him. I told them that the best time to reach him is after 9:00pm as he is out running pot all day. after 9:00pm, he is sitting on his patio smoking a bong fairly continuously... oddly enough on of the terms in his TRO is "no haning out on his patio smoking pot"... perhaps we could have a serv-a-felony-a-goodby

hitnrun
05-08-2007, 6:37 PM
First off, FiveFiveSix, good luck with your neighbor. I hope you get it straightened out.

Secondly, A TRO DOES NOT mean that one has to surrender there guns. If the judge sets the conditions of the TRO such that firearms have to be surredndered, then so be it, how ever, that is usually reserved for Restraining Orders/Protective Orders. A TRO is only TEMPORARY, and does not ALWAYS include the surrender of firearms unless there is a specific reason to do so, it is usually just a stay away order until the official court date usually within five days. I serve a handful of these a week in my county, and yes they are pretty easy to get. That is why they are temporary, the actual Protective Orders and Restraining orders require you to show cause and substantiate the order.

hawk1
05-08-2007, 6:40 PM
Now that the TRO is done, next is to get yourself on a fasttrack towards a CCW. With you being in Orange County and a TRO (good cause) on him it should be a walk in the park.

Have fun in Maui. Went last August and had a blast. If you want to see some really neat areas. Rent a Jeep and drive around the west end of the island. I know most people suggest the road to Hana, which is great too. We did both and I was more impressed with the west end.
Aloha...

MedSpec65
05-08-2007, 7:01 PM
First off, FiveFiveSix, good luck with you neighbor. I hope you get it straightened out.

Secondly, A TRO DOES NOT mean that one has to surrender there guns. If the judge sets the conditions of the TRO such that firearms have to be surredndered, then so be it, how ever, that is usually reserved for Restraining Orders/Protective Orders. A TRO is only TEMPORARY, and does not ALWAYS include the surrender of firearms unless there is a specific reason to do so, it is usually just a stay away order until the official court date usually within five days. I serve a handful of these a week in my county, and yes they are pretty easy to get. That is why they are temporary, the actual Protective Orders and Restraining orders require you to show cause and substantiate the order.
The PLAINTIFF in a TRO issue is not under scrutiny. It's the RESTRAINED PERSON who will probably be required to divest himself of firearms, especially if he's been making threats. It's up to the Judge to decide how long the TRO shall remain in effect. (Usually 30 days). This can be extended by simple application. The Judge almost always will sign it. If the kid violates the TRO a simple police report will be enough to get a permanent order. It sounds like the Judge is going to have to get a body attachment to even get the punk into the courtroom.

Wulf
05-08-2007, 7:09 PM
After he's served you might want to pass along the evidence of service to the Landlord. He might just decide to evict the guy and make your life easy. Nobody trying to make a living with an investment property wants to risk their investment or a violent, perv, user/dealer.

five.five-six
05-08-2007, 7:49 PM
these are condos, i own, and his mommy owns the one he lives in... I have started a letter crusade to the HOA if things get bad enough and enough complaints are leavied, they can forclose :( ... I just want to live peasably in my $400,000.00 890 square foot condo :)

Wulf
05-08-2007, 7:51 PM
$400,000.00 890 square foot condo :)

Move! ;)

E Pluribus Unum
05-08-2007, 8:42 PM
these are condos, i own, and his mommy owns the one he lives in... I have started a letter crusade to the HOA if things get bad enough and enough complaints are leavied, they can forclose :( ... I just want to live peasably in my $400,000.00 890 square foot condo :)

Move to Bakersfield....

For $400k you can buy an acre with a 2000 sq foot masterpiece.

tango-52
05-08-2007, 9:18 PM
Is Anaheim in Orange County? If so, and if you haven't already, get your CCW. NOW!

Solidmch
05-08-2007, 9:30 PM
Im surprised a judge granted a TRO aginst a neighbor. I have seen it done but its rare in Nor Cal. I doubt another Judge would grant another order too. The restraining order keeps him away from you and your family. You can also be in violation of the TRO if you go to him to "talk" or "solve a problem". I have seen time and time again when Baby's mama drama happens. Baby Mama get restraining order against Pookie. She later calls Pookie up and tells him to come over for some loving. Two days later she calls the po-lice on Pookie. She is the one who is arrested. She is the on who initiated the contact and violeted the TRO.

five.five-six
05-08-2007, 10:28 PM
there were 2 police reports and 5 call outs over the last 3 weeks. also I included a still of infered footage of him with a camera in my bushes by my window at 9:41 last night. the judge granted it with out even calling me to the stand

hitnrun
05-09-2007, 3:57 AM
The PLAINTIFF in a TRO issue is not under scrutiny. It's the RESTRAINED PERSON who will probably be required to divest himself of firearms, especially if he's been making threats. It's up to the Judge to decide how long the TRO shall remain in effect. (Usually 30 days). This can be extended by simple application. The Judge almost always will sign it. If the kid violates the TRO a simple police report will be enough to get a permanent order. It sounds like the Judge is going to have to get a body attachment to even get the punk into the courtroom.

I was referencing his question about the situation being reversed. As in, if his neighbor got a TRO against him. Sorry for the confusion.:)

Knauga
05-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Have you thought about a lawsuit against the condo owner (momma) for knowingly allowing a dangerous condition to continue at her property? You can also contend that her "tennant" is making it impossible for you to sell your property thus diminishing the value of your investment. It might be worth your time to buy an hour of a real estate lawyers time.

Just initiating the proceedings may be enough to get rid of the problem, and like the others have said get thee to the Sheriffs dept and apply for a CCW. While you can be armed in your home you may be in danger between car and home which is where the CCW will come in to play.

chiefcrash
05-09-2007, 10:41 AM
here's one for you: let's say the guy somehow gets a TRO against you in retaliation. And let's say the judge says "get rid of yer guns". Obviously, most of the stuff can be given to trusted friends/family. But let's say you have a registered AW. Could you find a gunsmith with an AW permit, and pay him to store your AWs until the TRO goes away?

mark3lb
05-09-2007, 3:20 PM
There's always that ONE neighbor no matter when you live that is just a jerk. I've had them in the last 3 places I lived and now I own a condo, I've got one here too. A real winner and I can't sell because the real estate market sucks. I'm stuck with this idiot and his odd ways until the market gets better. sucks.

Knauga
05-09-2007, 9:10 PM
My grandparents lived in a part of Los Angeles where there was always trouble "a few blocks away", eventually trouble rented a home on their street and crime started becoming an issue. The rest of the block put enough pressure on the city that they actually started abatement proceedings against the property owner. In essence they were declaring to the owner that he was allowing a criminal enterprise to exist on his property and if he allowed it to continue they would move to seize the property. Trouble went away.

Go after momma in any legal way you can. She is making life in YOUR home hell by letting her waste of human flesh degenerate son fester next to you.

Enjoy Maui ;)

Solidmch
05-09-2007, 9:40 PM
here's one for you: let's say the guy somehow gets a TRO against you in retaliation. And let's say the judge says "get rid of yer guns". Obviously, most of the stuff can be given to trusted friends/family. But let's say you have a registered AW. Could you find a gunsmith with an AW permit, and pay him to store your AWs until the TRO goes away?

I doubt this would happen. There is a TRO against his neighbor. His neighor mus turn over any fireams. The oTRO tells both people to stay away from each other. You do not need a second order for that.

five.five-six
05-09-2007, 9:52 PM
perhaps a civil suite against momma may be the nest step. I hate to do it to her but she did raise him. like I said there are 6 familys with small kids within 50 yards of him and he has has some sort of troble with all of them in the last month or so... I just get the brunt of it as i live the closest of him

Bizcuits
05-10-2007, 5:50 AM
A few years back my dad had a problem with a registered sex offender who lived across the street from us. The guy was being harassed by the residents in the neighborhood, but was pointing the blame at my family, because naturally would make rude gestures when we saw him.

It eventually grew into a neighbor war and my father was served with a restraining order. Being the gun collector my father was, he wasn't going to just take a restraining order. He hired an attorney and spent a lot of money, also over a year in court fighting it.

Fight it, and request a "Stay away order" instead of a restraining order. Your reason? Your a hunter and gun collector. Make sure the judge knows your love your guns and make him understand the person filing against you only wants to take them away from you.

If you have videos and other neighbors which will back you in court, fighting the restraining order will not be a problem. Its very rare for people to fight them, but your a moron if you don't.

JALLEN
05-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Has anyone read the statute? I was under the impression that disposing of firearms was required only on TROs involving "intimate/family relationships"

creampuff
05-10-2007, 10:53 AM
perhaps a civil suite against momma may be the nest step. I hate to do it to her but she did raise him. like I said there are 6 familys with small kids within 50 yards of him and he has has some sort of troble with all of them in the last month or so... I just get the brunt of it as i live the closest of him

Shouldn't you be enjoying Maui right now? Don't forget to have lunch at Mama's Fish House. I think it was the best meal I have had on that island :)

five.five-six
05-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Has anyone read the statute? I was under the impression that disposing of firearms was required only on TROs involving "intimate/family relationships"

well I did speak with alawyer last week and he gave me a price of $3,500 non refundable retainer to get me a restraining order and defend any retalitory TRO fileings.. that seem like a lot of money to me. can anyone recomend someone for this sort of thing? perhaps some one who could also do a suit against the mom..

p.s. I will post a few pics from maui later

Californio
05-10-2007, 4:18 PM
Shouldn't you be enjoying Maui right now? Don't forget to have lunch at Mama's Fish House. I think it was the best meal I have had on that island :)

Mama's is the best:) We like to go early and take in the windsurfers just down the road.

Scope
05-10-2007, 6:11 PM
Would the AW problem occur if you had happened to have left the AW out of state while the TRO was in effect?

I was wondering about this too. What if you own guns that you do not have access to (such as being repaired), or are out of state?

xrMike
05-10-2007, 7:36 PM
there were 2 police reports and 5 call outs over the last 3 weeks. also I included a still of infered footage of him with a camera in my bushes by my window at 9:41 last night.What do you think he was doing with the camera? That doesn't sound particularly threatening to me...

I mean, it's something a pervert might do, but not somebody who has a beef with you.

Just seems strange to me.

DSA_FAL
05-10-2007, 10:04 PM
well I did speak with alawyer last week and he gave me a price of $3,500 non refundable retainer to get me a restraining order and defend any retalitory TRO fileings.. that seem like a lot of money to me. can anyone recomend someone for this sort of thing? perhaps some one who could also do a suit against the mom..

p.s. I will post a few pics from maui later

That's really expensive. My boss always refunds retainers and something like filing a TRO would probably cost $50-100. Now defending cross-actions would be more expenive obviously. (My boss rarely does TROs however.)

five.five-six
05-10-2007, 10:51 PM
What do you think he was doing with the camera? That doesn't sound particularly threatening to me...

I mean, it's something a pervert might do, but not somebody who has a beef with you.

Just seems strange to me.

well I am sure that if you found someone at 10:00pm with a camera in the bushes outside your window with your wife and kid in the house, while the perv knew you were at work, well you would feel rather threatened..

looks like I am going to have to shop around for a lawyer. this is going to cost a bunch... i spoke to a neighbor who has been watching my fish tank while I am on vacation.

I am led to understand that he is now going door to door telling other neighbors that I am a pediphile. knowing him, he has already called C.P.S. claiming that we abuse our 2 year old (as he threatened several times). this thing is starting to get ugly :mad:

five.five-six
05-10-2007, 10:55 PM

where is it? we are in Kihei

xrMike
05-11-2007, 8:51 AM
well I am sure that if you found someone at 10:00pm with a camera in the bushes outside your window with your wife and kid in the house, while the perv knew you were at work, well you would feel rather threatened...No no no, don't misunderstand me, I definitely think you're justified in getting the TRO against him. I didn't realize you weren't home at the time, I must have missed that. That definitely raises his threat level, creeping around with just your family being home and you not there...

I'm just puzzled as to his intent with the camera. He can't physically hurt anybody with it. But he must have had some idea that he could accomplish something useful against you with it. What? Ah well, it might just be there's no reason for some things when it comes to a pothead. The stuff does make you pretty stupid.

He sounds like a ***** that you don't have to fear physical harm from, just chicken-**** stuff like talking to neighbors behind your back, messing with your car, or defacing other property of yours. You will eventually nail him again with all the cameras you've got going on.

Enjoy your vacation! I like Maui a lot better than the big island.

leelaw
05-11-2007, 9:24 AM
I am led to understand that he is now going door to door telling other neighbors that I am a pediphile. knowing him, he has already called C.P.S. claiming that we abuse our 2 year old (as he threatened several times). this thing is starting to get ugly :mad:

Slander. Nice. :rolleyes:

JALLEN
05-11-2007, 10:46 AM
To answer the question about having firearms, I have read the statutes for both domestic violence TROs and civil harassment TROs, and both contain similar provisions requiring a person to refrain from having firearms, possession or access, while a TRO is in effect. Code of Civil Procedure Sec. 527.6(k) is the provision for civil harassment.

five.five-six
05-11-2007, 11:11 AM
I didn't realize you weren't home at the time, I must have missed that. That definitely raises his threat level, creeping around with just your family being home and you not there...

I'm just puzzled as to his intent with the camera. He can't physically hurt anybody with it. But he must have had some idea that he could accomplish something useful against you with it. What? Ah well, it might just be there's no reason for some things when it comes to a pothead. The stuff does make you pretty stupid.

He sounds like a ***** that you don't have to fear physical harm from, just chicken-**** stuff like talking to neighbors behind your back, messing with your car, or defacing other property of yours. You will eventually nail him again with all the cameras you've got going on.

i don't think i mentioned the part about not being home

i suspect he is going to inform code enforcement that i did a small remodel 3 year's ago without a permit, as he threatened.

Slander. Nice. :rolleyes:

yep and also impossible to litigate even if it were in print

five.five-six
05-12-2007, 2:55 AM
just up tweeking, jet lag and all

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6378/img7028rs1.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6054/stb7236lq8.jpg

E Pluribus Unum
05-12-2007, 3:05 AM
Hey Look Everyone!!! Mcgyver Took His Son To Hawaii!

VeryCoolCat
05-12-2007, 1:54 PM

In real life... he doesn't actually look like richard dean anderson :p

I can help you take care of him.... just rent a van and i'll bring the ski masks :p

FUSE
05-12-2007, 4:52 PM

ROFL HAHAHAHAHAHAA :D :D :D

E Pluribus Unum
05-12-2007, 4:57 PM
In real life... he doesn't actually look like richard dean anderson :p

I can help you take care of him.... just rent a van and i'll bring the ski masks :p

I swear that looks like RDA..... I'd bet $10 on it.. :)

FUSE
05-12-2007, 5:03 PM
just up tweeking, jet lag and all

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6378/img7028rs1.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6054/stb7236lq8.jpg

http://rdanderson.com/macgyver/photos/images/001mac03.jpg

I'd say pretty close.... :D

creampuff
05-12-2007, 5:08 PM
where is it? we are in Kihei

It is North of where you are at, it is "da best".

http://www.mamasfishhouse.com/

five.five-six
05-19-2007, 11:36 PM
It is North of where you are at, it is "da best".

http://www.mamasfishhouse.com/

well we found it on the map but my wife did not want make the drive. we only ate out 3 times on the whole trip...

bright spot today, I picked up my anaconda and shot it at ESW that thing is a mo-fo :)

:xwing: cool new smileys

PatrickM.
05-19-2007, 11:58 PM
I had this crap happen to me with an ex girlfriend.

All I did was take the guns away from my hands. I moved all of my guns to another address (not my home address). I moved my gun cabinet to my sister's place and gave her to keys and therefore I would not be in possession of guns. the court said that if the guns were physically located at another address (that was not my own) and that they were locked in such a way that I could not gain access to them, I would be ok.

I dealt with the TRO and the situation and I was not required to sell my guns.

this was advise given to me by my lawyer.

Good luck and i hope this neighbor goes to H$%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick M.

jdberger
05-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Six.

Hope that you enjoyed your trip to Hawaii. There are few joys like taking a little kid to the beach.

Don't stress this guy or anything that he says. If you get busted on your 'remodel' you pay the fine - whatever. It's all small potatoes.

The thought of CPS coming to my house scares the crap outta me, too. But a 10 minute interview with my kids would end that drama. There is also the fact that neighbors know you and him and you initiated the TRO. So CPS would consider the source of the accusation.

Not to worry (overly....:))

lawnrevenge
05-20-2007, 6:21 AM
My sister works with CPS (different county) and they don't pull kids as quickly and thoughtlessly as one would imagine. They pull them when there is obvious abuse, neglect, or endangerment (daddy's meth lab next to the crib :mad: ). And even when they pull kids they push for family reunification. So as long as you're clean your kids won't get taken.

No joke the new policy of "reunification" means meth heads that were beating their kids get them back after "rehab":banghead:

Good luck...seriously get the ccw it's worth it!

five.five-six
05-21-2007, 6:18 PM
Well the court date is tomorrow at 1:30pm. I rendered the "peeping tom" video, the videos of him harassing and threatening are much larger around 45 Meg and I am having trouble getting a good copy. I may have to segment them in to smaller 2 minute clips.. I do not know if this will cause the judge to question the authenticity. The frames are time stamped and will line up.

I am very apprehensive. This is a big deal for us. The last few days have been relatively peaceful for us and we want that to continue.

I may try to post a few still shots of him stalking, peeping and harassing this evening:svengo::svengo:

:12::11:

hoffmang
05-21-2007, 7:03 PM
Probably better not to share too much with the public in the way of video/photos. Don't give him any ammo.

Go, be confident you're asking for peace and justice and then make sure you've applied for a CCW once you get the injunction...

-Gene

biff
05-21-2007, 7:15 PM
Make sure you let us know how it goes.

Good luck!

aealong
05-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Seems like if he files a TRO on you and you can't have guns how can you protect yourself if he goes psycho and tries to break in to your apartment? I don't want to get you worried but the ability to be able to defend yourself is one of the main reasons for guns (in addition to target practice and hunting). Seems like that's a way for some evil dude to file a TRO on his victim, then commit a crime when the victim's guns are taken away and is defenseless.

aealong
05-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Oh sorry, i just read the 1st and last pages and just read the second page where it says a TRO wouldn't necessarily take away your right to have guns.

Diablo
05-22-2007, 6:44 AM
Mcgyver.....HA, HA, HA......:rofl:

F-2_Challenger
05-22-2007, 10:44 AM

No, against the law. First off you will have to turn in all guns and prove you got rid of them all, ie gun shop, or police. Second you have to get rid of them, and show proof of disposal within 24 hours of being served. Third, DON'T GIVE THEM TO THE COPS, THEY ARE ANTI-GUN CRIMINALS!!!!!! Fourth, aw's dealers can only store guns for 90 days and cant keep indefinitely from my conversations with DOJ because it is classified as release of custody and you loose the weapon.

If you don't heed my warning about the cops and you turn them in to them, you wont get your aw's back, and then you have to petition DOJ to get a weapons release authorization and then you have to get the cops to actually give them back.

F-2_Challenger
05-22-2007, 10:49 AM
I was wondering about this too. What if you own guns that you do not have access to (such as being repaired), or are out of state?

According to DOJ you cant transport, store, or arrange for work on aw's after you are served with a TRO. Get it in the gun shop for some maint. and long term storage before you are served. Then it is legal. If you are served first, kiss them good bye.

Wulf
05-22-2007, 12:18 PM
And dont answer "yes" to the question "Are you Five.Five-Six?"

five.five-six
05-22-2007, 4:31 PM
well I do not own any registered AW's so that is not a problem. I was granted a restraining order today. it was an exausting ordeal. the guy came in high as a kite. the first thing he did under oath was to lie. the guy is a card carring medical marajuana smoker and he has a job delivering it. so the first thig out off his mouth after we were swarn in, and this was unsolicited, "I don't smoke pot"... LMAO caus i could tell by looking at him that he was stoned out off his mind. I happened to be in the driveway when he left for court this morning... he could not resist flipping me the bird as he drove off.... on camera...time stapmed...the guy is a freaking moron

anyways, he has a log-in here and was going to try to use some sort of printout from this thread against me... freaking moron, I can not think of anything I may have writen that could be used againt me.. anyways, looks like I will probably be served but that is ok, i have already retained counsle in this matter. I fear that he is not going back off and this is going to get extreamly expensive for both of us. on a protracted dispute i fear that legal fees could reach the $50,000.00 mark per party

I walked in to court today and it occured to me that "the best thing that could come from this is a restraining order against my neighbor" and that is not a good thing.. at alll

xrMike
05-22-2007, 7:15 PM
anyways, he has a log-in here and was going to try to use some sort of printout from this thread against me...How do you know this? And how could he possibly know your username on calguns? I can only think of one possible way, and that seems unlikely.

I'm just curious.

the_natterjack
05-22-2007, 7:25 PM
I walked in to court today and it occured to me that "the best thing that could come from this is a restraining order against my neighbor" and that is not a good thing.. at alll

Well , how about trying to defuse the situation? I'm sure "Mommy" who owns his condo sure as hell doesn't know your side of the story. How about you invite her over your house and show her the video of her son peeking into your windows? Let her know that her son "just ain't right" and your afraid for yourself and your family and that your afraid you may have to defend yourself against him ( read between the lines - I may have to shot your nutty kid ). Maybe get her on your side to get him out ?

On the other hand, she could be just as nutty as her son and may be of no help but you would have a clear conscience if "anything" else happens.

You've made an effort to contact his family and made them aware of his "odd" behavior and being a Peeping Tom falls well under odd. You should ask a LEO on here but I seem to remember that "Peeping Toms" are precursor sex crimes that evolve in more harmful crimes like rape.

Isn't peeking into windows a crime in itself? Have you filed charges?

You've also put the legal owner of the property on notice that she has a serious problem with her tenant. If she does nothing then you should nail "Mommy" with a serious lawsuit.

the_natterjack

five.five-six
05-22-2007, 7:34 PM
How do you know this? And how could he possibly know your username on calguns? I can only think of one possible way, and that seems unlikely.

I'm just curious.

I convinced him to join a while back. the guy has nothing going in his life. all he does all day is sit around smoking and smoking pot. gets up around the crack of noon, then sit's there till around 2am. I was trying to get him interested in somthing, anything at all to get him motivated in life. I had given him the project of restoring my chinees type 53. he did get real interested for a while, so much so that he even mentioned to me that he was considering geting a job so he could buy more guns... prety rash well he lost interest in the rifle and gained interest in pot and started selling the stuf. I decided not to give him the gun

he can go off the handle and i did not think he was mature enough to own a firearm

I am seriously considering a little heart to heart with mom, if this does not end now, it is going to get extremely expensive for both of us. I think you are right, she has no idea how out of line her son's actions are. seriously, threatning the CPS... a lesser man would have put him in the hospital.. or worse. not to pat my own back but i believe that he is lucky to have started this with me.. seriously, how many here would have keept there cool in the face of this crap?

lawnrevenge
05-22-2007, 9:06 PM
His mom seems to be the enabler (sp?) you telling her that her son is screwed up will probably not accomplish much-I bet she'd defend him.

If the neighbors know he's smoking pot-she does too (weither or not she'd admit it) So she's either okay with illegal drug use, or she's in complete denial. Good luck.

five.five-six
05-22-2007, 10:04 PM
it is complete denial, he used to have to hide it from her. she viamently HATES pot. about 4 months ago she went on dissability and they have been haveing financial problems. about 6 weeks ago, presto wammo!! she starts letting him use her car to sell pot... last week he bought a used car... you do the math.. it is a tangled mess around that house and i want nothing to do with it

lawnrevenge
05-23-2007, 7:58 AM
Can't you nail THEM on drug charges? Talk to the DA, and the local PD, see what they need to charge them. We had a drug-drive-thru across the street, corner house, people pull up along the sideyard walk up to wood fence money and a baggy are exchanged and they drive off. I talked to the sherriff and a couple high resolution photos got the cops to take action. I had a digital camera zoomed in on the area (10 megapixels) with a motion activated trigger. After a week of photos I took to the sherriff they took care of it.

Budd
05-23-2007, 8:21 AM
Any updates? I used to have a real bad neighbor(lucklily they moved) - so have interest in how this turns out...........:(

aealong
05-23-2007, 9:07 AM
i used to have a bad neighbor too, the whole family was nuts, the family rotted from the head (the parents) to the tail (the kids). They lived across the street and made noise all day, played in the streets and blocked traffic, horrible. We moved. But just before we moved it seemed they quieted down a lot, must have been another neighbor put the fear of g*d in them or something. Bad neighbors can really create problems, sorry about your situation, sounds really bad. The police don't seem to care, but like the recent poster said, call and tell them about the drugs, I remember there was supposedly a war on drugs going, get the SWAT team in there, and maybe that can solve your problem. Have them tail the guy when he goes in his used car, and bust him. Problem solved, hopefully.

five.five-six
05-23-2007, 3:24 PM
Any updates? I used to have a real bad neighbor(lucklily they moved) - so have interest in how this turns out...........:(

here is an update, the natural gas police showed up early this morning. aperantly he called them and said I was stealing gas...I guess tomarrow I will get a knock from the electric company... then what?? knock knock knock.. mr 556 we have a report that you have been stealing sewage

proraptor
05-23-2007, 3:26 PM
You are the same guy from reef central! Im tomconk on there.....hope everything works out for you

five.five-six
05-23-2007, 3:59 PM
You are the same guy from reef central! Im tomconk on there.....hope everything works out for you

Yea this is great.. We need new site cal-gun-reefers. I could host the first annual frag-swap-N-shoot. I am amassed at the number of cal gunners over at reef central

hardkore909
05-23-2007, 4:10 PM
You are right about the TRO. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this b4 as i did not read every post so here it goes.
Assembly Bill 2129 :
Requires a person who is served with a temporary restraining order or injunction to surrender firearms within 24 hours without regard as to whether the person is present in court.
Requires subject of a temporary restraining order or injunction to present a surrender receipt to the court within 48 hours of being served.
First off, FiveFiveSix, good luck with your neighbor. I hope you get it straightened out.

Wulf
05-23-2007, 4:15 PM
here is an update, the natural gas police showed up early this morning. aperantly he called them and said I was stealing gas...I guess tomarrow I will get a knock from the electric company... then what?? knock knock knock.. mr 556 we have a report that you have been stealing sewage

Of course you're documenting these reports right....name of the utility company guy, any info he got from his dispatch, etc etc.? I cant imagine the judge that issues the TRO would view kindly the subject of the order using third parties to harass the protected party.

Budd
05-23-2007, 4:33 PM

Dang - harassment sucks. The only thing my neighbors did(besides yelling at my wife when they blocked our driveway) was make false accusations that made me a "hero" in the local paper......

Bad neighbors suck........

five.five-six
05-23-2007, 4:47 PM
last week i got the knock knock knock from the trash can police.. seriously, someone frrom the city code enforcement had to come out to tell me to put my trash cans away... errr I was on vacation in maui for 9 days

Hanniballs
05-23-2007, 4:56 PM
Get your condos HOA involved ;)

spgk380
05-23-2007, 5:50 PM
Yea this is great.. We need new site cal-gun-reefers. I could host the first annual frag-swap-N-shoot. I am amassed at the number of cal gunners over at reef central

Hey, you guys are into reefs too? I used to have one for about two years until I moved and decided to recently tear it down. I tried to get the little peppermint shrimp guys to learn to shoot rimfire, but they wouldn't take. :D

five.five-six
05-23-2007, 6:16 PM
Hey, you guys are into reefs too? I used to have one for about two years until I moved and decided to recently tear it down. I tried to get the little peppermint shrimp guys to learn to shoot rimfire, but they wouldn't take. :D

yep I have a standard 100 gal duel 14k 250 watt Hamilton halides, euroreef skimmer, aquacontroler ACIII, calcium reactor etc.... about 150# of nice live rock, lots of shrooms and Yuma’s, a couple of colts, a plate coral. xenia al over the place. I am starting to move to S.P.S. as the tank is starting to settle down after being set up for 3 months

mquejr
05-23-2007, 6:34 PM
good luck on your situation...

five.five-six
05-23-2007, 9:00 PM
Probably better not to share too much with the public in the way of video/photos. Don't give him any ammo.

Go, be confident you're asking for peace and justice and then make sure you've applied for a CCW once you get the injunction...

-Gene

Yep, you called it, he showed up in court with a whole stack of pages from cal-guns. He was very upset that the commissioner would not allow any off it as evidence. I went back several times and re read the thread and I am at a total loss for what he may have found to be so important to his case..I may get to find out as I will not be surprised if he does file one in retaliation against me with all the other chicken-***** "cutie" little pranks he has been pulling.

The more I think about how pathetic he was, whining and sobbing like a 5 year old girl that lost her doll.. And going on for 10 minutes like that, well it was just embarrassing. If I did not see it myself I would not have believed it. All red faced and teary-eyed

well it occurred to me that he feels completely justified in all the yelling and harassing, the bating and camera in my face stunts, calling CPS, calling the gas co. and the city, threatening my child and myself, the midnight peeping tom, the pedophile screaming and yelling my wife is a stupid *****, in his mind this is all normal and justified... you see, in his mind I have parked in his parking spot and my kid has played on his lawn (both of which are public/common area) this scares me. It goes to show that he has no grasp of reality. The guy is rely deranged

jdberger
05-23-2007, 9:28 PM
anyways, he has a log-in here and was going to try to use some sort of printout from this thread against me... freaking moron, I can not think of anything I may have writen that could be used againt me..

I dunno, there was that whole thread about spelling that really got out of hand....;)

I bet that's what he brought into court....!

Knauga
05-23-2007, 9:50 PM
Here is a thought, did you report to the police him peeping into your windows? Did you show them the video? Can he be prosecuted for that?

To get any records out of a utility requires a subpeona. Your lawyer should be able to take care of the paperwork part and may have you do the leg work to save money. BTW all of these expenses should be adding into damages for a future law suit against dear old mom the property owner.

proraptor
05-24-2007, 7:25 AM
yep I have a standard 100 gal duel 14k 250 watt Hamilton halides, euroreef skimmer, aquacontroler ACIII, calcium reactor etc.... about 150# of nice live rock, lots of shrooms and Yuma’s, a couple of colts, a plate coral. xenia al over the place. I am starting to move to S.P.S. as the tank is starting to settle down after being set up for 3 months

I have a custom 60 cube tank with custom oak stand and hood (I built), 1 250 watt 14K halide, 130+ pounds of live rock, Panworld 50 PX-X, 2 Koralia powerheads, 20 gallon sump, with 10 gallon xenia filter, Life reef VS 24 skimmer running with a mag 12 pump.

All this connected to:

A custom 48 X 24 X 12 prop tank, 4 overdriven T5 HO's (soon to be replaced with 2 175watt 10 K halides, custom 55 gallon sump/refugium, mag 9.5 return pump, 3 seio powerheads

The systems are plumbed together so its one big system....I have a little bit of everything but mostly SPS now...

popngen
05-24-2007, 10:30 AM
556:

really, really sorry to hear that such an a**hole living next to you. As a fellow reef-central reefer (2x250 watt MH, 40 gal tank, SPS, one or two LPS, and softies, 20 gal sump, seio and nano stream PHs), and a condo owner myself, I can TOTALLY understand a troublesome neighbor who has nothing better to do.

o btw, in defense of pot smokers, i am a productive member of society of the SAME age as the problematic neighbor you have.

cheers, and i hope it all gets ironed out.

saki302
05-24-2007, 1:11 PM
You shoul dhave gotten your neighbor into reef tanks- he'd have no time to do anything else :D

I had a salt water tank for about a year- I gave up and went back to simple fresh water- too much trouble :D

-Dave

five.five-six
05-24-2007, 3:24 PM
Here is a thought, did you report to the police him peeping into your windows? Did you show them the video? Can he be prosecuted for that?

To get any records out of a utility requires a subpeona. Your lawyer should be able to take care of the paperwork part and may have you do the leg work to save money. BTW all of these expenses should be adding into damages for a future law suit against dear old mom the property owner.

this morning i got a call from the "watter heater police" seems that when I repalced my broken watter heater 2 years ago i was supposed to get a building permit. they will be out to my house for an inspection 9:00am.

I am so tired of all this petty crap.

under advice of counsle, I can not discuss this so this will be my last post on the subject.... :sleeping:

I can however discuss reef tanks.... anyone want to swap frags for ammo... looking for staghorn and acrapora. :43:

also I recently had one of my halides go out. I swapped balasts and it was the same lamp that was out. it is a Hamelton 14k i got about 4-6 weeks ago I wonder if it is the lamp or the fixture:mad:

five.five-six
05-25-2007, 6:59 AM
on an unrelted matter, does anyone know the penelty for a california state employee who knowing does not contact Child protection services in a case of neglect / abuse?

lawnrevenge
05-25-2007, 7:25 AM
They probably get "written up" you know, a "hand slap". Gov't workers are the only ones who can use the stupidity defense. The rest of us must rely on the Chewbaca Defense.

I'll ask my sister when I see her Monday, she's a social worker, so she actually knows.

five.five-six
05-25-2007, 7:38 AM
They probably get "written up" you know, a "hand slap". Gov't workers are the only ones who can use the stupidity defense. The rest of us must rely on the Chewbaca Defense.

I'll ask my sister when I see her Monday, she's a social worker, so she actually knows.

ok, you got coffie out my nose:biggrinjester: with the south park referance... I need to watch more south park..that would make this all better

popngen
05-25-2007, 8:23 AM
also I recently had one of my halides go out. I swapped balasts and it was the same lamp that was out. it is a Hamelton 14k i got about 4-6 weeks ago I wonder if it is the lamp or the fixture:mad:

i have an extra, used (but working) 14k DE phoenix bulb if you want to test out your ballast. it's sitting somewhere...

PM me if you'd like some help!

turinreza
05-25-2007, 8:45 AM
Can you do something legally about the second hand smoke
from marijuana that all the kids and neighbors in the condo
are inhaling because of this guy smoking weed?

You can get a class action lawsuit of everyone who has kids
there and sue the pants off him as well as the HOA for not protecting
you

1911whore
05-28-2007, 8:40 AM
My ex wife lied and to make a long story short, she lied, said i threatened her and filed a TRO against me. First you cannot file a tro against the petitioner of the one against you, it is retalitory and since there is one in place no contact is supposed to be made both parties are supposedly protected. BULL! Second you HAVE to surrender your firearms to a local PD or sell them to a licensed firearms dealer(no exception). Here comes the fun part. you think once you beat the tro and it got dropped your freedom is restored(FU** NO) now you begin tyet another BS battle, not only do you have to make sure the evidence room tech works when you are able to pick up but you need to ensure they are willing to release and arent in court, lab etc. DO not expect the peoiple at the front desk to be much help.

Now here is the fun part because it isnt stated on the TRO, no one tells you this, the judges are unaware of it, and it is law. You will not find this out until you go to PICK up your guns. YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY! you will need to get a form off the doj website called a FD119 the LE gun release application, thats right ladies and gents you need to APPLY for the right to get YOUR GUNS BACK!!!!! and the application fee is $20 for the first firearm plus $3 for each additional (my situation made me turn in 15 firearms) then the DOJ had 30-45 days to issue the response. I told the clerk as well as my self if ever another BS TRO was filed against me I just wont turn em in, too muc h bull to go through cause someone want to screw you over, then once you are free of it the system screws you. I have been so close to the COURT SYSTEM creating a violent crimiinal it is scary and it si in fact the system i can no longer deal with.

five.five-six
05-28-2007, 4:28 PM
darn, that sucks. have you resolved this? have you received your guns back yet? can you talk about it or is it ongoing?

50ae
05-28-2007, 5:10 PM
Misdemeanor, up to 1 yr in county jail

on an unrelted matter, does anyone know the penelty for a california state employee who knowing does not contact Child protection services in a case of neglect / abuse?

five.five-six
06-04-2007, 4:13 PM
the city inspecter showed up today. he found a few nicky nacky things he wants fixed. it will probly take me a weekend to get it all straightened out. this will be a good oppertunity for me to do a couple "trick" custome upgrades around the house that I have been putting off. my wife has been wanting a tv/dvd/stereo combo in the kitchen.. and I wanted to change the old tube tv in the bedroom to a plazma on the wall. I can tie the plazma to the computer and get rid of the computer monitor.

lawnrevenge
06-04-2007, 4:43 PM
Has the kid left you alone since the inital retaliation? Or is he still trying his best to ruin your life?

five.five-six
06-04-2007, 5:31 PM
Has the kid left you alone since the inital retaliation? Or is he still trying his best to ruin your life?

I can not comment directly however I can tell you that the police were called and dispached over memorial day on a report that a 23 month old baby was tresspassing on a private lawn in the area.. turns out that the "private lawn" was a condominum's common area which the infant's perants were owners and the infant was directly infront of the perants unit. a friend of mine heard this on the police scanner and told me about it as it was very close to my house. I was not home at the time

again i can not comment directly but I can say that my friend says the local police scanner has been busy on other issues from time to time.

this is all 2nd hand reports of police scanner activity

jdberger
06-04-2007, 10:51 PM
the city inspecter showed up today. he found a few nicky nacky things he wants fixed. it will probly take me a weekend to get it all straightened out. this will be a good oppertunity for me to do a couple "trick" custome upgrades around the house that I have been putting off. my wife has been wanting a tv/dvd/stereo combo in the kitchen.. and I wanted to change the old tube tv in the bedroom to a plazma on the wall. I can tie the plazma to the computer and get rid of the computer monitor.

Make sure to put on a big show every time an inspector leaves. Shake
his hand, laugh etc. like you guys became fast friends in the short time
he was in your house. That outta make your neighbor crazy!

And, uh, those 23 month olds, VANDALS, I tell ya! Pure savages!

five.five-six
06-05-2007, 12:39 AM
And, uh, those 23 month olds, VANDALS, I tell ya! Pure savages!

well from what I understand..2nd hand.. this was not this infants first brush with the law.. it appears that there was an incident with him graffitying the sidewalk with chalk :eek:

seriously.. look out your porch.. OMG there is a child! on the greenbelt!... and he is with his mother!!! PLAYING!!!... I must call the police! this MUST STOP!

if this thought process ever makes sense to you, check yourself in to the mental ward because you are a few sandwiches short of a picnic

Japsican
06-14-2007, 4:50 PM
Hey 556...Sorry to hear about your situation, and I hope everything works out in your favor.

Also, I'm a reefer too!...I did a trade with Proraptor not too long ago, he has an awesome set up, we need some Calguns/Reef keeping group:D.

five.five-six
06-15-2007, 8:55 AM
Hey 556...Sorry to hear about your situation, and I hope everything works out in your favor.

Also, I'm a reefer too!...I did a trade with Proraptor not too long ago, he has an awesome set up, we need some Calguns/Reef keeping group:D.

I was thinking we could have a So Cal frag swap n shoot :)

proraptor
06-15-2007, 9:16 AM
That would be hilarious! Ill have a ton of frags soon

five.five-six
07-02-2007, 8:40 PM
well I have a bunch of frogspowns, pink tiped and a few green tiped, I am trying to mount some xenia and I have 2 nano specials, which each are about a 6" piece of rock with a good sized green sinularia on each, a nice green yuma and a green and a purple mushroom

here is a photo of one off the frogspown frags, it is hard to call 2-5 heads a frag but they are all nice like these, upper left is 2 head main one is 3 or 4

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/3063/img8405bp2.jpg

I do not remember if this is the top of the mother colony or the big 5 head frag but it is outstanding

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/8597/img8407ht1.jpg

Rob P.
07-02-2007, 9:50 PM
Sounds like you need to have your TRO against your neighbor modified to include harassment via the police or other governmental agencies and/or anti-slapp him and have him made liable for the legal costs in doing so.

The police should be able to provide official reports of their being called about a 23 month old "trespasser" and the phone # from the 'informant'. If you could show that there is a pattern of retaliatory harassment from your neighbor you can really stick it to him financially and legally.

Good luck.

jdberger
07-02-2007, 10:01 PM
OR you could try the Scooby-Doo villain thing!

Dress up as a space alien, some cheap special effects and some mirrors and scare him away.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/Shaggy-scooby-scared-1969.jpg

Almost worked a bunch of times if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

five.five-six
07-03-2007, 10:58 AM
OR you could try the Scooby-Doo villain thing!

Dress up as a space alien, some cheap special effects and some mirrors and scare him away.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/Shaggy-scooby-scared-1969.jpg

Almost worked a bunch of times if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

LMAO,

There have been several good suggestions and a couple fallacious ones, I appreciate them.. Btw I think I just traded my m95 for a few corrals.. When this is over I think I will host the first so cal frag-n-shoot, there is a lot of crossover

five.five-six
07-17-2007, 1:08 PM
well his mother filed a restraining order against me, it was vacated yesterday. being as it is a mater of public record, I see no reason why i can not post a transcript of the complaint, I will leave out the names and addressed to protect the idiots.. I mean innocent.

I will have to type it up later tonight, it reads like a 2 page Unabomber manifesto

!!!Warning!!!

try not to be eating or drinking anything if you read this, there is a strong possibility that it will come out your nose so keep a towel handy

nwnguy
07-17-2007, 1:26 PM
well his mother filed a restraining order against me, it was vacated yesterday. being as it is a mater of public record, I see no reason why i can not post a transcript of the complaint, I will leave out the names and addressed to protect the idiots.. I mean innocent.

I will have to type it up later tonight, it reads like a 2 page Unabomber manifesto

!!!Warning!!!

try not to be eating or drinking anything if you read this, there is a strong possibility that it will come out your nose so keep a towel handy
Wow, it comes with a nice bright red warning. I can't wait to read it!

tacticalcity
07-17-2007, 1:28 PM
I would definately talk to a lawyer in order to make sure you're following the letter of the law. Any short cuts could bite you in the *** down the road. Never assume that because you are in the right, that the courts will see it your way.

Front Sight in Nevada (www.frontsight.com) offers storage of firearms for their students so that they don't have to transfer them accross state lines to attend classes. They might rent you a space in their vault. Can't hurt to ask.

That way you still own the AW, but it is not in your possession. They own a boat load of AWs. So they have all the necessary tax stamps required. Confirm with them and your lawyer that this is possible, necessary, and that it meets the legal requirements.

The other firearms could be temporarily put in a relative or friends care. Get a lawyer to write up a limited power of attorney so everything is legally documented. Again, get your lawyer to confirm that this is possible, necessary, and that it meets the legal requirements.

five.five-six
07-17-2007, 1:41 PM
I legally transferred everything about 2 months ago...I think I hold the dubious honor of the highest post count of a not gun owner. I have not had a firearm in my control or possession or quite some time now :(

and yes it is pretty funny, it helps to have a sick sense of humor but the TRO was denied pending hearing.. which basically means that even i i did not contest a single syllable of the complaint, it would have been tossed

the basic problem she has is even though she may not like me or my hobbies (whoops I let one out) I have not done anything that might come close to justifying a restraining order to either her or her 27 year old child

five.five-six
07-17-2007, 5:31 PM
CH-100, item 6
Describe Harassment

Mr. 556 refuses to leave me and my family alone. He goes out of his way to annoy and harass us. The Association covenants, conditions and restrictions specifically state:

“the carports shall be used for parking vehicles and storage purposes in enclosed storage compartments only and shall not be converted for living, recreational of business purposes” Article II, sec 2 “parking and vehicular restrictions”

“no noxious or offensive activities) including but not limited to outdoor repair of automobiles) shall be carried on upon the property…..no loud noises shall be permitted upon the property….activates producing noise constitutes a nuisance” Article II sec. 3 nesciences

Mr. 556 is constantly in his garage using power tools and an air compressor in the garage when working on his ATVs and his miscellaneous hobbies. He stores racing fuel in his garage and the gas fumes and noise from working on the ATVs comes up from the garages and permeates my condo which is above his garages. He also uses the garage area to work on his gun collection (he is a licensed gun dealer) and working on a computer he installed. He is in his garage all hours of the day and night. I am awakened in the morning by him in the garage as early as 6:30am and he is in the garage many times after 11:30 at night

He pulls his son’s wading pool in front of my door and plays very loudly so that it is hard to hear my television. There is no legitimate reason for Mr. 556 to be on my side of the condo building other than to harass me and to disrupt my peace. Mr. 556’s condo faces a different street than mine. He has a front yard and can let the child play in the wadding pool in that yard or the patio. However he has told me he puts the pool there because it annoys me and it is common property.

Mr. 556’s garage is at the foot of the stairs that lead to my condo. My condo is over all the garages for this unit. All of the noises from the garages disrupt my ability to live in comfort. Mr. 556 also parks his trucks at the foot of my stairs to work on them and blocks my access to my unit. Many times I have asked him to move, reminded him that the association regulations state he can not park there. I have to threaten to call a tow truck before he will move.

XXXXXXX and I feel that Mr. 556 is stalking us. He comes out of his garage stares at us or stops us as we are trying to get up the stairs. XXXXXXXXX parked her car at the street curb and he saw her on the surveillance camera and he ran out yelling and screaming at her that she could not park there. It scared her so much that she that she moved her car. My son used to escort us to and from our cars so that Mr. 556 would leave us alone

Beatone
07-17-2007, 6:03 PM
Wow your a stalker? I have some of the same problems where I live so I decided it's time to move. My first year or two were good but after 12 years of idiots and loud neighbors it time for me to move on for a better place. Good luck with the losers you have to deal with.

lawnrevenge
07-17-2007, 7:23 PM
Amazing how parking your car in the wrong place and using your garage is "stalking"

Maybe you should threaten them, stand outside their window in the bushes with a camera and light...you know, just be neighborly.

Hope the judge throws this out. Keep us posted.

five.five-six
07-17-2007, 8:07 PM
oh it was vacated on monday.. that is why I transcribed it today, I am sure it is good for a laugh. I am not the fastet typest but I will transcribe page 2 tomarrow... if she ever trys this crap again page 2 will remove any doubt that it is retaliation for me defending my family from peter pan

Wow your a stalker? I have some of the same problems where I live so I decided it's time to move. My first year or two were good but after 12 years of idiots and loud neighbors it time for me to move on for a better place. Good luck with the losers you have to deal with.

I can gaurentee you this, if i were to start stalking someone, it would be someone who looked good in a bikini... peter pan's mom and girl friend have nothing to worry about

Cardinal Sin
07-17-2007, 8:22 PM
556 . . . This has to be one of the lamer things I have heard a neighbor do.

I had an @$$hole neighbor that just moved out and he tried to use his occupation as justification as to why he should have things his way. I never backed down from him and he quickly realized that if he wanted to play tenant wars with me he better know the law and have better resources than I. Needless to say after round one he never even looked at me when we passed each other. Im glad that jerk is gone. Keep an eye on your property in case these people plan on making their displeasure known.

Hope all turns out well for you

five.five-six
07-17-2007, 8:28 PM
oh no he is still there. the action against me was vacated. he is incapable of supporting himself and needs to live with his mother, who owns the unit.

I recant that, he is not incapable of supporting himself, but more consistant with homeless people, he is just to proud to have to work for some one and be told what to do and when to be there

Beatone
07-17-2007, 8:43 PM
I can gaurentee you this, if i were to start stalking someone, it would be someone who looked good in a bikini... peter pan's mom and girl friend have nothing to worry about

It's just amazing what people will claim when there back is against the wall. Claiming you to be a stalker. What a laugh. Well keep us posted. Others can learn from this. You can do something about people like them and not have to move to get satisfaction. Again good luck with this.

five.five-six
07-17-2007, 8:48 PM
Mr. 556 approached me one day and insisted that I make peter pan move out. I told him I needed him here. He told me to either kick him out or he would have me thrown out. He started approaching the neighbors and told them that we sell marijuana out of our house. And stated on an internet forum how he has gone to the neighbors and plans to have us evicted. He has spread the rumor that we sell marijuana throughout the neighborhood.

I am very ill and peter pan needs to be with me to help me. Mr. 556 obtained a restraining order which allows peter pan to go to and from the house to his car. When I need help taking out the trash or bringing groceries up from the car he can not help or Mr. 556 will call the police. When I do these things, Mr. 556 taunts me saying “you don’t look disabled to me”

Mr. 556 has called the police sating peter pan has broken the restraining order. He calls the police for minor infractions.

Once, a fuse blew out in peter pan’s car when he was trying to leave. He stopped to replace the fuse so he could go and Mr. 556 called the police

Last night peter pan brought a screw driver in from his car. He dropped it out of his hand coming up the stairs so he walked under our stairs to get it and he cam in the house. Again Mr. 556 was in his house, nothing was done to threaten, harass or even said to him, but yet again he called the police.

The police have suggested that we file a civil suit, but we can not afford it. I am hoping that if this restraining order is granted he will finally just leave us alone.

Because of his constant harassment I have had major anxiety attacks and have to be put on medication. I have problems sleeping and constantly waiting for the police to arrive

fireblast713
07-17-2007, 9:11 PM
Wow dude... this is some BS... hopefully the judge doesn't buy her story... lawsuits are such pains in the ***. I had one that lasted close to 3.5 years.

five.five-six
07-17-2007, 11:02 PM
no, the action was tossed out. or more like laughed out..even if i stipulated everything she stated as true, it would have been dismised

Cardinal Sin
07-17-2007, 11:17 PM
So what is the status on your TRO?

five.five-six
07-18-2007, 7:04 AM
I have a perm injunction against Peter pan, his mothers petition against me is dismissed

lawnrevenge
07-18-2007, 9:27 AM
LOL, I must have missed that it was thrown out. Some days don't you just wish Peter Pan would just go back to Never Never Land? We had druggies living across the street. They infested the house when their grandfather died. It's a corner house and the side yard turned into a drug drive thru. I called the cops all the time as did family. They said they couldn't do anything without more evidence than lots of visitors. So I set up my digital camera in the window fixed on the area to take photos when ever there was motion. After a few days I had several photos of little green baggies being traded for money and one shot of some dirtball exposing a mexican carried pistol as he stashed his merchandise. The cops took care of everything after that. Druggy granddaughter died a few years later do to an O.D.

Moral of the story? Neighbors suck, more to the middle of nowhere!

Knauga
07-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Sounds like they *MIGHT* have a good basis to complain to the HOA... not waste the courts time :rolleyes: I hope they had to pay some court fees too.

30Cal
07-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Lots of reef people here! I wish I'd known that when I parted my tank out a couple months back. I had a sweet green bubble that was about the size of a basketball. tyoberg on reefcentral.

I'm pretty good with reef chemistry if you've got problems.

Ty

five.five-six
07-18-2007, 2:51 PM
Sounds like they *MIGHT* have a good basis to complain to the HOA... not waste the courts time :rolleyes: I hope they had to pay some court fees too.

well the official position of the HOA is that they do not get involved in neighbor disputes... that being said, we had a birthday party for my 2 year old sunday and the head of our security company spent the whole day sunday poping in an out of the party area asking "have you had any problems with Peter pan"... read between the lines. I get along prety well with the HOA.. I like going to the meetings....did you know that you could spend $1k on a 2 year olds birthday party???

also most off that stuff is not even true... the rest of it is grosley exadgerated, for instance, she has only asked me to move my truck on one occasion in 3 years. I have never worked on my cars at home, they are fairly new and what work i have had done is at the dealer...under warrentee... the racing fuel I keep in my trailer... at least for the last year or so... this is just off the top of my head. I will go back an rip it apart later

Lots of reef people here! I wish I'd known that when I parted my tank out a couple months back. I had a sweet green bubble that was about the size of a basketball. tyoberg on reefcentral.

I'm pretty good with reef chemistry if you've got problems.

Ty

too much Kalkwasser? (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1164814)

I am having a small chemestry problem. i am adding a little more than 1 gallon of Kalkwassa to my mixed 100 reef. the alk is~8.5 or ~3 dkh (salfert). if i raise the alk to 9.5 or 3.3dkh, I get calcium snow... I can not get my PH to stabalize, sure it stays abobe 8.0 but that is thanks to an ACIII and a doseing pump

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9608/graph71707jh7.jpg

Wulf
07-18-2007, 2:58 PM
Moral of the story? Neighbors suck, more to the middle of nowhere!

You got to qualify that. Cause there's nothing better than a good neighbor. Some of the best people in my life are and have been good neigobors.

five.five-six
07-18-2007, 3:31 PM
with the exception of the clampetts, all my neighbors are very good, many of them watch my son and we watch they're kids.. loan tools, help with home improvements, house sit, share meals... it is a great neighborhood

Knauga
07-18-2007, 7:43 PM
well the official position of the HOA is that they do not get involved in neighbor disputes... that being said, we had a birthday party for my 2 year old sunday and the head of our security company spent the whole day sunday poping in an out of the party area asking "have you had any problems with Peter pan"... read between the lines. I get along prety well with the HOA.. I like going to the meetings....did you know that you could spend $1k on a 2 year olds birthday party???

also most off that stuff is not even true... the rest of it is grosley exadgerated, for instance, she has only asked me to move my truck on one occasion in 3 years. I have never worked on my cars at home, they are fairly new and what work i have had done is at the dealer...under warrentee... the racing fuel I keep in my trailer... at least for the last year or so... this is just off the top of my head. I will go back an rip it apart later

Well, my point was that even IF everything they said were true, the judge probably (at least should have) told them to complain to the HOA and not waste a Superior Courts valuable time.

ccwguy
07-18-2007, 10:14 PM
carry your copies of the RO always. In my county, according to 'good cause' you qualify for a CCW!

five.five-six
07-18-2007, 11:17 PM
carry your copies of the RO always. In my county, according to 'good cause' you qualify for a CCW!

i am in orange county

I wonder if it is time for me to own guns again? first few on the list are an anaconda, 1911, .357 tracker and a Walther p99... none of those make a real good ccw gun for me. I am thinking Walther ppk.. or something 9mm single stacker and plastic.. the easier it is to Wear, the more I will wear it and there is a fair possibility that sooner or later that punk is going to put me in a position where I have to use it :(

07-19-2007, 1:51 AM
there is a fair possibility that sooner or later that punk is going to put me in a position where I have to use it :(

Hopefully not, but it's better to be cautious than dead :\

tango-52
07-19-2007, 5:17 AM
i am in orange county

I wonder if it is time for me to own guns again? first few on the list are an anaconda, 1911, .357 tracker and a Walther p99... none of those make a real good ccw gun for me. I am thinking Walther ppk.. or something 9mm single stacker and plastic.. the easier it is to Wear, the more I will wear it and there is a fair possibility that sooner or later that punk is going to put me in a position where I have to use it :(
Personally, use something that starts with a 4 (.40, .45 GAP, .45ACP, ...). Being in OC, you have a very high probability of getting your CCW. Check my sig line. People there are eager to help - for free.

ccwguy
07-19-2007, 5:56 AM
i am in orange county :(

So you already have one then!

five.five-six
07-19-2007, 8:11 AM
Hopefully not, but it's better to be cautious than dead :\

yep, hopefully not. I will do anything reasonable to avoid using deadly force however he makes his own decisions...generally poor decisions

five.five-six
07-19-2007, 8:16 AM
Personally, use something that starts with a 4 (.40, .45 GAP, .45ACP, ...). Being in OC, you have a very high probability of getting your CCW. Check my sig line. People there are eager to help - for free.

how about .44 mag?

th problem with those 4 things is they are huge. I like to go around in a swim suit t shirt and flip flops..

my rate of aimed fire with 4's is only marginally slower than with the 3/9's but I don't even like carrying a cell phone

proraptor
07-19-2007, 8:28 AM
I know five.five-six personally and he is legit....I saw some of his securty camera footage and this guy and his mom are psychos

tango-52
07-19-2007, 8:55 AM
how about .44 mag?

th problem with those 4 things is they are huge. I like to go around in a swim suit t shirt and flip flops..

my rate of aimed fire with 4's is only marginally slower than with the 3/9's but I don't even like carrying a cell phone
It is relatively easy to do a .45ACP with proper weapon and holster choice, even for shorts and a t-shirt. If you go around just in a thong :eek:, that might be a little tougher to hide. :D Go to the site in my sig line and read some of the posts. You'll recognize me over there. PM me here with your screen name over there and I will direct you to some particular individuals that can assist you.

five.five-six
07-19-2007, 9:16 AM
It is relatively easy to do a .45ACP with proper weapon and holster choice, even for shorts and a t-shirt. If you go around just in a thong :eek:, that might be a little tougher to hide. :D Go to the site in my sig line and read some of the posts. You'll recognize me over there. PM me here with your screen name over there and I will direct you to some particular individuals that can assist you.

i like the 6".44, and a thong, i just want to hear: "is that an anaconda in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" :)

AJAX22
07-19-2007, 1:38 PM
Just get the permit, the nuances of 'which gun to cary' are of little importance when compared with 'CARY a *&#@! gun'

I'm glad to hear that things are working out in your favor.

Wulf
07-19-2007, 2:05 PM
Yeah, preconceptions and outsider advice on what and how to carry are mostly worthless IMHO. From both a hardware and intelectual/personal grow perspective, CCW is truly an individual journey of exploration.

five.five-six
07-19-2007, 3:38 PM
well i would like the stopping power of a .45 just the weight...and size, glocks are double stackers so it is a compact 1911 format.. ok well there goes another $1k

five.five-six
07-19-2007, 4:09 PM
So you already have one then!

I can neither confirm nor deny possession of a concealed carry weapons permit

30Cal
07-20-2007, 7:57 AM
I am having a small chemestry problem. i am adding a little more than 1 gallon of Kalkwassa to my mixed 100 reef. the alk is~8.5 or ~3 dkh (salfert). if i raise the alk to 9.5 or 3.3dkh, I get calcium snow... I can not get my PH to stabalize, sure it stays abobe 8.0 but that is thanks to an ACIII and a doseing pump

Posted reply on RC.com.

proraptor
07-20-2007, 8:28 AM
Posted reply on RC.com.

You are on there also? Funny

five.five-six
07-23-2007, 8:08 PM
wow this is getting weird, you are right about the alk.. things are starting to settel down...just in time for me to install my new calcium reactor which will screw things up again :banghead:

jdberger
07-31-2007, 5:01 PM
well i would like the stopping power of a .45 just the weight...and size, glocks are double stackers so it is a compact 1911 format.. ok well there goes another $1k

for the swimsuit and flip-flop crowd (I'm in there, too) the S&W 442 is a pretty handy package. A j-frame revolver vanishes just about anywhere. You can even appendix carry it and it dissappears under a t-shirt. You can carry an easy reload with Bianchi Speedstrips.

The pic isn't of a 442, but you get the idea...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/jdberger/DSC01223.jpg

five.five-six
07-31-2007, 10:03 PM
nice... I have started my cause statment... Mr numb nuts just screwed himself today. he backed his car in to my wife's car... my wife and I went to take pictures and he went nuts.. called the police, they showed up... somehow or another he talked himself into a new set of braselets.... the thing that scared me a lot is that (I could not see as I was on my patio... but I could hear) when I heard the distinctive ZiiiiiiiiiiiiiP of the cuffs going on, he started crying that he wanted his mom... we are not dealing with a well person here...27 and: "I want my mom"... I got to sell my place and get my family safe

lawnrevenge
08-01-2007, 8:40 AM
:rofl2:

proraptor
08-01-2007, 9:57 AM
awesome...so what did he go to jail for?

chiefcrash
08-01-2007, 10:08 AM
awesome...so what did he go to jail for?

i'm going to assume violating the TRO...

five.five-six
08-01-2007, 10:54 AM
i'm going to assume violating the TRO...

yes but it is a permanent injunction now... as a matter of public record:

One count found.1 Seq S/A Violation Date Section Statute OL Violation Plea Plea Date Disposition Dispo Date
1 0 07/31/2007 273.6(a) PC M Disobeying domestic relations court order

all this is available here

official record of Orange County Superior Court (http://visionweb.occourts.org/Vision_Public/Home.do)

click on calender ad you can search by date or other criteria, click on case and you can search by name... search you own name it is sort of fun

five.five-six
08-01-2007, 11:00 AM
also you can search here

Banner Civil Public (https://ocapps.occourts.org/CivilPub/Login.do)

I searched my name and found a PI/PD - AUTO from 1985... I had forgotten all about that

another fun one is orange county jail inmate search (http://www.ocsd.org/InmateInfo/InmateSearch.asp) you can use it to look up old friends and stuff.. I like to check periodically to See if I am in jail :)

five.five-six
08-01-2007, 12:35 PM
well he plead down to "disturbing the peace" and is out on O.R. I may not go to work tonight... my wife is fairly handy with... well we won't say just which firearms she is handy with on the open fourm... but there are several..

OT: why is it when silloet shooting, women, instintively take the first shot at the balls?

lawnrevenge
08-01-2007, 12:59 PM
OT: why is it when silloet shooting, women, instintively take the first shot at the balls?

So that the sillouette will cry for it's mommy.

Rhys898
08-01-2007, 1:01 PM
probably because if they actually hit "IT", even if the guy survives she doesn't need to fear "THAT" anymore.

Jer

Oh yeah, and cause women are just evil like that :)

five.five-six
08-02-2007, 4:58 PM
The guy is an unadulterated idiot...either that or he met some guy he liked in jail and want's to go back. 4 hours after he was released, he did the exact same thing he was arrested for... he took his mom's other car, pulled it out of her parking stall and parked it right next to my wife's car..As usual, on video... Well one more video for the city attorney to keep on file... next time, he will have a prior...and the plea deal will not be all that ez...

Whitesmoke
09-22-2007, 9:18 AM
tag....good info.

Wulf
09-22-2007, 9:29 AM
Any updates. I'm in in mood for a little schadenfreude today (your neighbors, not yours).

five.five-six
10-12-2007, 8:22 PM
Any updates. I'm in in mood for a little schadenfreude today (your neighbors, not yours).

I do not know if I should dredge this one up again but what the heck, a small epilogue. All has been quiet since his arrest with a few exceptions, as I become more emotionally detached, it is becoming obvious that this man is fairly disturbed. A few weeks ago I was in my garage at around 3:30am. I was going shooting the fallowing day and took a gun from my house to the safe, checked the action and locked it way… a bit later I went for a walk around the neighborhood. I was about 200 yards from my house when I heard “STOP!” I turned around to find a flashlight in my face about 25 yards away.

me “could you take the light out of my face, it is blinding me”

Then I hear “come over here”

me “who are you?”,

P.D. “Anaheim P.D.”

Me “Ok, can I see you” the officer puts the light on himself and I comply.

P.D. “Mr. 5.56, we have a report that you were playing with your guns in the garage this evening”

me: “is it illegal for me to clean my guns?”

P.D. “No, it is legal, just an odd hour to be doing so”

me: “I work graveyard, I am off tonight, my wife and kid are sleeping and I am going shooting tomorrow”

P.D. “what are you doing out here?”

Me: “I was reading through some HOA letters, I was hot and went for a walk” it was one of those hot nights, around 80 degrees in the garage

P.D. “wait with me while my partner looks to see if you ditched a gun” looks and finds nothing…

P.D. “lets go to your garage” I comply

During the walk back to my garage, I get the 3rd degree about why I am up so late playing with guns, I will miss some but get the main points

P.D. “why did you take off when you saw us arrive?”

Me “I never saw you, I was just going for a walk to wind down before I go to sleep” I honestly never saw them until I was ordered to “STOP!”

P.D. “we are very interested in what you are doing out here this late at night”

Me: “like I said I work graveyard, are you guys fast asleep at 10:00pm on your days off? Why are you guys playing hardball with me?”

P.D. “You already told us that you were angry and we have a report of you playing with guns”

Me “I never said I was angry”

P.D. “you told my partner you were angry and went for a walk”

Me “no, I said I was hot” at this point I realize that there is no being cool here.. I am being shaken down

P.D. “what does hot mean”

Me “am I under arrest or detained at this point?”

P.D. “why would you ask a question like that” obviously upset with that question, but neither officer ever answered it.

Me “I would just like to know if I am free to go”

P.D. lets take a look inside your garage

Me “I would rather we respect my right to freedom from illegal search and seizure”

P.D. go in to the whole rigamaroo, what do you have to hide, we can get a warrant, innocent people don’t decline to be searched thing.

P.D. “we can get a warrant, you already told us you were cleaning your guns”

Me “no, I asked if it was illegal to clean my guns, I did not clean my guns this evening, I just put one in my safe”

P.D. “are you on drugs, is that why you are up so late?”

Me “no I have been sober for 20 years, why are you guys riding me so hard?”

P.D. “we are the police, it is our job to be suspicious”

Me I look at him, he seems to be cool now “ok, that sounds reasonable” I reach over and open my garage door

P.D. “you leave your garage unlocked… with guns in it?

Me “the guns are all locked in the safe, and I am not all that worried about people stealing stuff, it is just stuff “

P.D. Just itching to go in the garage, “wow you have a lot of ammo”

Me “the city does not pay for my ammo, it is cheaper in bulk”

P.D. Still itching to get inside my garage “what is all that water and food, are you some sort of survivalist”

Me: “no, the water is for my fish tank and I am just a bit prepared”

P.D. “how about all those gun cases any guns in them?”

Me: I start to enter my garage and say ”no, they are empty, want to see”

P.D. “STOP RIGHT THERE!”

Me “what”

P.D. “you could have a gun”

Me: trying not to laugh “I am in flip flops and shorts, you both have .40’s with one in the chamber and you have body armor, what are you afraid of? That I might draw down on you?”

P.D. not amused, march right in my garage and started poking around. They look at the orange safe magnet I got from B.W.O.’s lawyer, “what does this mean?”

Me: I explain what B.W.O. has gone through, and further explain that everything in the safe is legal but “I am not interested in spending time in jail and tens of thousands of dollars proving it. Are you familiar with SB 23?”

P.D. “SB what? At which point they give up and advise me to go to bed.

I stop on my patio for a smoke long enough to hear the conversation with my neighbor

P.D. “he has not done anything illegal”

Neighbor “but I feel threatened”

P.D. “you never even saw a gun, he never pointed one at you, he did not even have them out tonight”

Neighbor “but I want him arrested”

P.D. “YOU ARE WASTING CITY MONEY AND RESOURSES”

There is more that happened the next day, I will post that later..wow, over 9000 reads on this thread

Cardinal Sin
10-12-2007, 9:41 PM
Man, why doesn't someone just flush that turd. I thought this was over with :rolleyes:What an a-hole. And it sounds like the PD was trying to get you to say something that would give them reasonable suspicion for a search. I'm all for PD but you do have those very few that are jerks. None the less you stayed cool and did the right thing. The best part is when they basically told your friendly neighbor to piss off :p

metalhead357
10-12-2007, 10:11 PM

dude you have more patience than me; I woulda made 'em get the warrent and not gone near my garage; woulda asked specifically WHO the complaintent was and WHY IN THE HELL WERE THEY UP SO LATE LOOKING INTO MY WINDOW TO MAKE ABSURD ALLEGATIONS.......... Woulda specifically brought up the clown and the TRO with him; if THAT didn't get the PD to cool thier jets I think it woulda been Supervisor time..... but hey, again, thats just me.

DUDE! You Soooooooooooooo need to get him outta there: or you need to move--nothing good will ever come from this.................

MT1
10-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Wow - just read this whole thing from the start.

Honestly I would be really scared of this guy simply because he seems mentally ill, or at a minimum very detached from reality. Those are the people that you really need to look out for.

I am very impressed with the rationality in which you have tried to resolve this situation, but don't get too at ease - and don't let your' guard down.

Good luck.

"are you some sort of survivalist?" http://www.mwstangs.com/forums/images/smilies/nonono2.gif

Whitesmoke
10-13-2007, 7:12 AM
Man...I feel for you. I have a mentally ill person giving me trouble too....filed a TRO on me that I beat.

But I wouldn't have opened the garage for them....and I would have stuck with the "am I free to go" method. Sometimes there are even dumb ordinances like how much ammo you can have at your home which could have caused you trouble. Plus, I would have brought up the TRO on him.

Man...if I were you...I'd move.:(

Rob P.
10-13-2007, 10:23 AM
I would start by saying that your responses to their initial contact were good. Stop, id yourself, and cooperate for the initial contact. Beyond that, you should not have opened the garage without them showing you a warrant. Next, I would have asked "am I free to leave" and not receiving an answer I would have walked away with a wave and a "g'bye". At that point they have to make a choice; stop you from leaving (for which they need PC beyond their intentional misunderstanding of "hot") or let you go. If the contact goes beyond this, you need to shut up and dial your lawyers phone number from your cell phone and leave a message on his machine.

Beyond the initial ID and compliance NEVER cooperate with LEO if you're the suspect. Every time you open your mouth to try to vindicate yourself you make the hole a bit deeper.

five.five-six
10-13-2007, 11:14 AM
well, most of my answers were questions, the rest was pretty generic stuff like, my wife is sleeping, I work graveyard, you have body armor..you have to understand, LEOs have been out here 26 times in 2 months plus several undocumented visits, I did not want to alienate them too much... when I opened the garage, I had no intention of letting them in, I think the "do you want to see (the empty case)" was the knife's edge they needed to go in. I was not worried, as there was and is NOTHING ILLEGAL in my garage, and the entire thing was captured on video. here is the sticker on my safe

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9656/img0444xw0.jpg

762cavalier
10-13-2007, 12:33 PM
556- How did you get that sign for your safe. That is a great idea:)

RaceDay
10-13-2007, 1:10 PM
I'm also curious where you got the sticker for the safe.

five.five-six
10-13-2007, 3:27 PM
I'm also curious where you got the sticker for the safe.

ez, just donate $100.00 to the B.W.O. defence fund :)

kermit315
10-13-2007, 3:43 PM
not to sound like a total newb, but what/who is B.W.O. ?

jdberger
10-13-2007, 3:56 PM
not to sound like a total newb, but what/who is B.W.O. ?

It's ok to be a newb.

Look here under Matthew Corwin (Blackwater Ops). (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=116) Try to find one of the oldest threads.

five.five-six
10-13-2007, 5:57 PM
556- How did you get that sign for your safe. That is a great idea:)

I doubt if anyone would mind if you printed a copy of my sticker and taped it to your safe and gun cases :)

five.five-six
04-07-2010, 10:06 PM
update, the permanent restraining order expires in just over a month. I am trying to make a decision if I should file to extend it another 3 years. for the first year I had many problems with him, leading up to his first and only arrest on the matter. I still get the occasional FU looks from him, and give him wide berth, he is defiantly 5150/ 5250 material and his mother ain't right either.

A few weeks ago, his mom was waiting for a ride to church that was late, I was in my garage, she is ill and it was cold out so I brought her a chair and gave her my coat until her ride arrived. a few days later I get a call at work from my very pregnant wife sobbing about an argument she had with nut-job's mom... I was very surprised, and sort of chalked it up to pregzilla being super hormonal, without going into detail, a few days later it became obvious that did start something with my wife, using several NWS word.... including the "C" word :eek:

HondaMasterTech
04-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Isn't it time to finally find a better neighborhood?

Mikeinblack
04-07-2010, 10:59 PM
update, the permanent restraining order expires in just over a month. I am trying to make a decision if I should file to extend it another 3 years. for the first year I had many problems with him, leading up to his first and only arrest on the matter. I still get the occasional FU looks from him, and give him wide berth, he is defiantly 5150/ 5250 material and his mother ain't right either.

A few weeks ago, his mom was waiting for a ride to church that was late, I was in my garage, she is ill and it was cold out so I brought her a chair and gave her my coat until her ride arrived. a few days later I get a call at work from my very pregnant wife sobbing about an argument she had with nut-job's mom... I was very surprised, and sort of chalked it up to pregzilla being super hormonal, without going into detail, a few days later it became obvious that did start something with my wife, using several NWS word.... including the "C" word :eek:

What would the down-side be to the extension? His reaction to being served again?

Tweak338
04-07-2010, 11:09 PM
A while back my mom served me with a TRO, I had to PPT all my guns to my stepdad. It got dropped by the judge who thought it was complete BS.

When you Transfer them to a friend. there is a Form the court wants the FFL to fill out. I found that out after I went down with a copy of my slip.. So I had to go back. Technique helped me out bigtime when this happened, he was working at SJGE at the time.

Whiskey84
04-07-2010, 11:53 PM
I just read all 177 posts in this thread. Sorry you've got such crazy neighbors.

I'd definitely renew the RO. Ask yourself, what can it hurt? Yes, peter-pan's panties will get in a twist when he's served, but in the long run it helps keep you and your family safe (assuming he obeys the order).

CnCFunFactory
04-08-2010, 2:43 AM
Renew it!

rod
04-08-2010, 4:35 AM
I'd renew it. I remember reading this thread as it was happening. Good luck and keep us updated if you can.

The Director
04-08-2010, 7:03 AM
This is absolute lunacy man. You have to move.

A piece of paper is preventing him from doing violence to you. Do you sleep better at night because of it?

Knauga
04-08-2010, 8:52 AM
Not everybody can afford to just up and move every time some a-hole moves in next to you. I say keep the Restraining Order and keep being prepared for him to do stupid stuff.

The paper isn't really doing anything but show that you are taking the legal and proper steps in dealing with this situation.

The Director
04-08-2010, 9:27 AM
Not everybody can afford to just up and move every time some a-hole moves in next to you. I say keep the Restraining Order and keep being prepared for him to do stupid stuff.

The paper isn't really doing anything but show that you are taking the legal and proper steps in dealing with this situation.

This has been going on with the OP for the better part of 3 years!

IGOTDIRT4U
04-08-2010, 1:39 PM
Get an extension. You have children. You are the mouse for this cat's game, but the more attractive target could easily be the smaller, defenseless mouse.

onikuma
04-08-2010, 1:42 PM
after reading all 183 posts about this 3 year saga.. renew it.. just bc they're such delusional nutjobs trying to find a way to screw with you.

five.five-six
04-08-2010, 2:10 PM
This is absolute lunacy man. You have to move.

A piece of paper is preventing him from doing violence to you. Do you sleep better at night because of it?

yes, I wish I could just up and move.. but who's to say I don't end up next door to another nutjob, This is a nice neighborhood, I am friends with most my neighbors, and am the Vice president of the HOA, I would love a bigger house, but with owing more on mine than it's worth, I don't see how that's feasible

the big drawback is if I move to reinstate, and it fails.... well I just sort of smacked the hornets nest with a stick

Lyte-
04-08-2010, 2:29 PM
they had medical MJ cards 3 years ago?

When did that law pass? I don't smoke so I never kept up with it but I always thought it was something fairly recently.

That could just be because the "treatment" locations are always in the news now.

thedrickel
04-08-2010, 3:06 PM
they had medical MJ cards 3 years ago?

When did that law pass? I don't smoke so I never kept up with it but I always thought it was something fairly recently.

That could just be because the "treatment" locations are always in the news now.

It's been 10+ years, but only really caught on in LA a few years ago.

1rubicon
04-08-2010, 4:22 PM
And here I thought I had neighbors from hell. Thankfully they lasted a year and got the boot from the landlord. Renew if you can, move if you must.

What ? O'bama did'nt reduce your mortage like he promised.?

HokeySon
04-08-2010, 5:21 PM
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but I have handled these before. My experience is that a retaliatory TRO is a real probability. retailiatory and harassing TROs are very common. Second the standard TRO requires the restrained person to either sell all guns to a registered dealer or turned over to the police for safekeeping pending a hearing on the final restraining order. I have always had a problem with that, but that is what it says. As I said I have handled a few of these. send me am email if you want to talk.

PS: there is no such thinig as a "NONREFUNDABLE" retainer in California. It is against the law. All unearned deposits must be repaid to the client and all fees must be "reasonable." That said, $3500 sound high, but not outrageous.

Twystd1
04-08-2010, 6:40 PM
This is ATFA HQ logging in for my .02 worth of suggestions.
GO FOR THE RO... !!!!!!!!!!!!

If the nut job upstairs goes for a TRO on you... AGAIN.
Just put the toyzzz in my name.
Cause thats what you and I did last time. I'm here for ya bro. Whatever the hell it takes.
And both my safes aren't as full anymore. :banghead:

And yes i will cook at your sons birthday party. Man... The crap I do for you......:rolleyes:

Twystd1

cadurand
04-08-2010, 6:52 PM
I'm guessing your Home Owner's Association is worthless?

I lived in a condo for a while and the HOA was dialed into everything. Seemed a little draconian when I first moved in but after a few months I realized they kept the place looking good and our market value was higher than the neighboring developments because of it.

Something like this would be settled with fines and liens against the offender's condo. Parking issues were settled with a tow truck.

See if you can get your HOA onboard.

Sadly when you live in close proximity as you do in condos you can't always just avoid your crazy neighbors. I feel for you.

Knauga
04-08-2010, 10:28 PM
This has been going on with the OP for the better part of 3 years!

Yup... and it is an ongoing problem hence continuing to handle it in an appropriate and legal manner.

As I recall the d-bag in question tried for a retaliatory restraining order initially but was denied. Am I remembering this wrong five-five-six? Asking to renew is not unreasonable given that nothing has changed.

Kempfer
04-08-2010, 11:03 PM
well, most of my answers were questions, the rest was pretty generic stuff like, my wife is sleeping, I work graveyard, you have body armor..you have to understand, LEOs have been out here 26 times in 2 months plus several undocumented visits, I did not want to alienate them too much... when I opened the garage, I had no intention of letting them in, I think the "do you want to see (the empty case)" was the knife's edge they needed to go in. I was not worried, as there was and is NOTHING ILLEGAL in my garage, and the entire thing was captured on video. here is the sticker on my safe

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9656/img0444xw0.jpg

Hm, I want that sticker too. I could just print it out but donating to calguns or something to get it sounds better :). Although that post was almost 3 years ago anyone know if you can still get that sticker?

nick
04-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Hm, I want that sticker too. I could just print it out but donating to calguns or something to get it sounds better :). Although that post was almost 3 years ago anyone know if you can still get that sticker?

It's a magnet. Call the number on it and ask to send you those magnets.

obeygiant
04-09-2010, 12:03 AM
This is ATFA HQ logging in for my .02 worth of suggestions.
GO FOR THE RO... !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cause thats what you and I did last time. I'm here for ya bro. Whatever the hell it takes.

And yes i will cook at your sons birthday party. Man... The crap I do for you......:rolleyes:

Twystd1

Better yet, you can PPT them to me because i live closer. :43: (those ATFA guys are a little :nuts: ) I'd also be happy to serve him for you so there is no need to pay to have it done.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
04-09-2010, 11:24 AM

Wouldn't even be a question in my mind. Renew it, and the next time nutjob's Mom is waiting outside in the cold... let her. These individuals have threatened and harassed you and your family. You don't have to be nice to them.

Untamed1972
04-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Does anyone realize that this OP in this thread is almost 3yrs old?

IEShooter
04-09-2010, 11:43 AM

I think he's a bit older than that. I'm guessing in his mid 30's judging by the pics he posted..... :cool:

Sorry dude, couldn't resist that one.

Untamed1972
04-09-2010, 12:13 PM
I think he's a bit older than that. I'm guessing in his mid 30's judging by the pics he posted..... :cool:

Sorry dude, couldn't resist that one.

OP could mean Original Poster....OR......Original Post :p

IEShooter
04-09-2010, 12:50 PM
OP could mean Original Poster....OR......Original Post :p

Yeah, I know. It was my attempt at humor. If my wife were here, she'd tell me not to quit my day job...

To the OP, I say take your shot at a renewal. What's the worst that could happen? You say it might piss him off, but isn't he already unbalanced? Given that, ANYTHING could piss him off. It sounds like you loaning his mom your coat while she was shivering in the cold impressed her so much she unloaded on your wife a few days after. That's unbalanced.

Its up to you, but my instincts tell me that once the RO expires, Peter Pan will think he's off the hook and will be back to his old tricks with you.

Good luck and stay safe.

Regards,

John

Casual_Shooter
04-09-2010, 12:59 PM
If there have been continued incidences during the RO period the judge will renew the RO. Although if there were issues, the police should have been called and he would have been carted off to jail for violating the RO.

If there have been no issues, I doubt the judge will renew the RO.

If it doesn't get renewed and neighbor decides he can now start to harass you again, I would imagine the judge will not be lenient on him.

obeygiant
04-09-2010, 5:22 PM

Five.Five-Six, the OriginalPoster, updated this thread with the following:

five.five-six
04-09-2010, 7:21 PM

Better yet, you can PPT them to me because i live closer. :43: (those ATFA guys are a little :nuts: ) I'd also be happy to serve him for you so there is no need to pay to have it done.

there is so much love on this board, this is why I am so fond of calguns, where else could you find 2 people willing help me out and let me give them all my guns, I just can't keep the tears out of my eyes, i am overwhelmed with gratitude

seriously, I probably should take you up on that. I just did a vision public query on nut-job, seems 6 months ago he had a DV case dismissed in family court.... the guy is a few sandwiches shy of a picnic

Twystd1
04-09-2010, 9:33 PM
Just do it.

I have room in da safe. And elsewhere......

ATFA HQ

KylaGWolf
04-09-2010, 9:59 PM
There was just a case here where a neighborhood feud turned deadly. Not to sound paranoid but may not be such a bad idea to make sure when you are homed both you and your wife are armed and ready to defend yourself if need be. As to the jerkwad neighbor I think that no matter where you go there is one of those. We got rid of the one that was a druggie nutcase (now hes homeless) but he still hangs around the neighborhood. Now if we could get rid of the drunk chick across from us all would be good.

KylaGWolf
04-09-2010, 10:03 PM
well I am sure that if you found someone at 10:00pm with a camera in the bushes outside your window with your wife and kid in the house, while the perv knew you were at work, well you would feel rather threatened..

looks like I am going to have to shop around for a lawyer. this is going to cost a bunch... i spoke to a neighbor who has been watching my fish tank while I am on vacation.

Dude if he does file a false report he gets busted and make sure you push it. Oh and that gives you MORE grounds for a permanent restraining order. Sounds like this guy is going to ignore the TRO. So for now enjoy your trip and worry about it when you get home.

KylaGWolf
04-09-2010, 10:04 PM
No no no, don't misunderstand me, I definitely think you're justified in getting the TRO against him. I didn't realize you weren't home at the time, I must have missed that. That definitely raises his threat level, creeping around with just your family being home and you not there...

He could be doing many things with the camera. Including being a perv or casing the place to rip it off later.

KylaGWolf
04-09-2010, 10:11 PM
My sister works with CPS (different county) and they don't pull kids as quickly and thoughtlessly as one would imagine. They pull them when there is obvious abuse, neglect, or endangerment (daddy's meth lab next to the crib :mad: ). And even when they pull kids they push for family reunification. So as long as you're clean your kids won't get taken.

No joke the new policy of "reunification" means meth heads that were beating their kids get them back after "rehab":banghead:

Good luck...seriously get the ccw it's worth it!

Depends on the county some are more apt to pull the kids and ask questions later while others are really short staffed and unless the kid is in danger of being killed they won't do jack. For accusations of sexual abuse they will get pulled quicker. And I can say from experience that CPS showing up at your home is nerve wracking my ex did it trying to get back at me for not going back to him(accused me of neglect) which was rather quickly proved unfounded. As in as soon as they walked in the house they knew it was a false charge. Each time I said no he would try another tactic each one a bit worse than the last. That is when I found out that in most states if a false charge is filed with either CPS or the police there can be criminal charges filed and most DAs will go after them.

KylaGWolf
04-09-2010, 10:32 PM

Friend of mine now retired LEO had a nice glock 45 that was on the small size and well would be a good ccw gun. I want to say its a glock 36 or something like that.

KylaGWolf
04-09-2010, 10:45 PM
there is so much love on this board, this is why I am so fond of calguns, where else could you find 2 people willing help me out and let me give them all my guns, I just can't keep the tears out of my eyes, i am overwhelmed with gratitude

seriously, I probably should take you up on that. I just did a vision public query on nut-job, seems 6 months ago he had a DV case dismissed in family court.... the guy is a few sandwiches shy of a picnic

Dude that right there is a good reason to RENEW the RO. This dude is a nutcase and well nutcases do STUPID things. And this goes to show that a pothead is not a safe thing.

IEShooter
04-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Okay, that's six posts in a row, replying to folks who posted hours ago.....

You're all alone here.

Its time to go to bed......

Bye, bye!!!

yakmon
04-09-2010, 11:24 PM
In my opinion, ab1810 would be akin to asking females to register their vaginas via dna against the idea that they may commit prostitution.

Seesm
04-09-2010, 11:47 PM
GL on the TRO I bet he is NOT smart enough to file one on you...

Btw Maui is pretty nice... Go on the Hana highway and go to the rain forrests and also go to La Paruse bay... both neat. I know I spelled them wrong... sorry. Have fun.

lawnrevenge
04-10-2010, 1:37 PM
Okay, that's six posts in a row, replying to folks who posted hours ago.....

You're all alone here.

Its time to go to bed......

Bye, bye!!!

My post was from nearly 3 years ago. BTW sister has moved to another county to work, one with a very high social worker to kid ratio and they still bend over backwards before pulling kids. Main reason is that unless you're really damaging your kids going into group; homes/ foster care is much worse.

oh and five.five.six needs to renew the TRO. it can't make things any worse than they are.