View Full Version : Questions regarding Kel-Tec SU-16CA

05-22-2012, 5:39 PM
Hey folks,

I've done a bit of Googling and searching the calguns forums but I still cannot find the answer to a few questions... so I figure perhaps some people informed on the laws might have an answer or two for me.

I am DROSing a Kel-Tec SU-16CA tomorrow, and I noticed it does not have a bullet button installed on it. Under what circumstances would one be required?

I may plan on changing the stock to one adjustable with a pistol grip. Would I have to install a bullet button at that point?

I just want to make sure I am legal here.

Your help is greatly appreciated! :D

05-22-2012, 5:47 PM
You are correct, one you add a pistol grip it will need a bullet button

Also adding a flash hider too

05-22-2012, 5:49 PM
The flow chart that is stickied at the top of the forum will answer your questions too

05-22-2012, 5:49 PM
In its basic configuration, it is considered "featureless". No bb required, or honestly the dealer would not be selling it to you without one! Adding a pistol grip changes that and makes a bb needed, but I don't know 1. Why you would do that with a keltec. And 2. If you even can with the way the rifle is configured. I have shot one and they are pretty fun and reasonably accurate, the major knock is it is not the most durable rifle but if you are not shooting hundreds every week it is fine. Have fun and be safe!

05-22-2012, 6:23 PM
Thank you kindly for your help folks.

I don't know for sure that I will be modifying the gun, but I do know that I want to keep my firearms legal if I ever do modify them.

The su-16 currently has a red dot sight and it will have another sight should I chose to change it. I am buying it from a friend who just needs a little coin for his own next weapon.

Thanks again people! Take care! :)

05-22-2012, 7:04 PM
If your going to go evil on a Keltec you can get a bullet button for it at BulletButton.com

05-23-2012, 9:13 PM
Also if you add a PG you will not be able have high cap magazines if you're in Cali. Big time felony.

05-23-2012, 9:18 PM
if you have hi-caps, don't put a PG on it. It's a great rifle the way it is...mine eats everything i put in it with no problems. But yeah, BB necessary if you add any evil features...

05-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Love mine. Put a nice muzzle brake on it, feels like a 22lr now. Great to be able to run old 20 and 30 rounders. Also, look at the Trijicon Tripower for a "red" dot optic. It makes for a nice combo on this rifle.

05-23-2012, 10:07 PM
In light of recent events and the bullet button issue-SAVE THE OLD STOCK. Also-I owned a 16CA. If I remember, the trigger housing is seperate from the rest of the gun to prevent it from firing with the gun folded. Ensure you do your homework before changing stocks-Not all SU-16s are the same.