PDA

View Full Version : enterprise arms or dsa fal with bullet button

1212tr
05-22-2012, 5:12 PM
I am in the market for a .308 rifle specificly an fn fal ive been looking into the enterprise arms more and more because of the price over dsa, but i have not heard very much about them, im curious about the quality and any outstanding problems enterprise arms fal rifles might have.

tacticalcity
05-22-2012, 5:19 PM
I know very little about them so I can advise which to get, but I have shot them before and they are a lot of fun for a main battle rifle. Would not mind owning one myself...for whatever that is worth.

Maddog5150
05-22-2012, 5:29 PM
DSA hands down! quality is 10Xbetter and 20% cooler :p fit and finish is awesome too.
Entreprise has had a lot of people sending them back for repairs. If you search you will find threads about it.

MrPlink
05-22-2012, 5:29 PM
DSA, hands down. Very good QC. Spend the extra cash, or wait and save if need be you wont be sorry.

Muscles Glasses
05-22-2012, 5:32 PM
I built my Imbel kit on an Entreprise receiver. So far I haven't had any problems with it. I went with them mainly because I was going to save a couple hundred bucks over a dsa receiver including a transfer and they were fairly close to me. Only negative thing I would have to say is that it was extremely difficult to screw in the pin that holds the bolt catch/ mag release and the gas tube into the receiver. The threads seemed to be too tight but it is possible to make it all fit. Any negative reviews you may read are pretty old and entreprise seems to have fixed those problems.

Root66
05-22-2012, 8:40 PM
DSA does have a better reputation but the one thing I don't like about their Calif legal FALs is the fixed mag that loads with stripper clips.

NSR500
05-22-2012, 8:42 PM
DSA

/Thread

gwgn02
05-22-2012, 8:45 PM
I have both. DSA has been consistent with their quality, but I have no complaints with the Entreprise FAL's i've owned either. Most of the neg's were long ago fixed by Entreprise and aren't an issue. I believe quality is very good with Entreprise now. Also, my DSA doesn't shoot any better groups than my other FAL's. I'd buy both again, save a lil bit of $$ or spend more...can't go wrong its a FAL

Richard Erichsen
05-22-2012, 9:36 PM
DSA does have a better reputation but the one thing I don't like about their Calif legal FALs is the fixed mag that loads with stripper clips.

No longer true. A BB will suffice.

R

Obviously a Plant
05-22-2012, 9:50 PM
DSA "fixes" the magazine by welding a little drop of slag between the mag catch and the receiver. It takes some time to file it out by hand, and is not so easy to get to with a dremel. After that, you can go featureless or get a BB
Completely worth it, though,
they make a great rifle

Maddog5150
05-22-2012, 10:22 PM
I have both. DSA has been consistent with their quality, but I have no complaints with the Entreprise FAL's i've owned either. Most of the neg's were long ago fixed by Entreprise and aren't an issue. I believe quality is very good with Entreprise now. Also, my DSA doesn't shoot any better groups than my other FAL's. I'd buy both again, save a lil bit of $$ or spend more...can't go wrong its a FAL

So DSA ;)

GM4spd
05-23-2012, 5:52 AM
DSA is good quality but for the extra money isn't worth it. Speaking of
quality they have had their own issues over the years, read FALFILES.My
Entreprise that I built up on a Brit rcvr with a great looking original British
L1A1 kit from the 1960s functions fine and looks closer to the real deal
then any DSA. Pete

http://www.fototime.com/BED15A789B56D83/xlarge.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/1B1205CC8581B36/xlarge.jpg

gwgn02
05-24-2012, 3:03 PM
^^nice love the sand cuts

weber_2
05-24-2012, 3:06 PM
M1A no BB to fumble with and its American baby!

cabinetguy
05-24-2012, 3:13 PM
enterprise has had some quality issues in the past, the above says its resolved, but I really dont know. If you can afford it, DSA will not let you down. Check out falfiles.com to learn more.

laabstract
05-24-2012, 3:15 PM
Enterprise makes a great FAL, I bought mine is 2005 or 2006 it had a couple issues but Enterprise is only about 15 miles from me so I went there and they fixed it no questions asked. The FAL is my personal favorite weapons system even over the M1A (which I carried for 12 months in Iraq)