PDA

View Full Version : MAIG Coordinators Paid as City Employees

GaryV
05-22-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm not really sure what the legal ramifications of this are, but it certainly sounds like it might be borderline illegal, and it also sounds like it's widespread. Wonder how many California cities are paying salaries and expenses for these people?

http://www.allnineyards.com/2012/05/maig-coordinators-paid-as-city-employees-saves-gun-haters-money/

glock22fs
05-22-2012, 10:17 AM
This is quite disturbing. That can not be legal

Stonewalker
05-22-2012, 10:33 AM
good lord

dantodd
05-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Surprising news.

taperxz
05-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Bloomberg has been doing this since its inception. His claim is that since guns come from everywhere except NYC his coalition is a legit defense for NYC.

mrdd
05-22-2012, 10:50 AM
NYC has always considered itself special. No right on red, no drivers under the age of 18, etc.

repr patriot
05-22-2012, 12:34 PM
More "Under the radar" work of the progressives

YubaRiver
05-22-2012, 1:17 PM
That darn GOP.

nicki
05-22-2012, 1:25 PM
It taxayer dollars are being used for a private organization, then it opens up the possibility of us filing lawsuits for the government and getting a bounty in the process.

Jim March did that with Die old, perhaps he may chime in.

Nicki

Sutcliffe
05-22-2012, 1:55 PM
The end always justifies the means for these people.

Meplat
05-22-2012, 3:01 PM
The surprising thing to me is that so many are surprised! This is how the left works. Most all their mischief is publicly funded. The snide GOP comment aside, Bloomberg is a typical east coast leftist limousine liberal. His DNA is one marker off Chucki Schumer. Do you think Obama was using private money to do his “community organizing”? Do you think organizations like Acorn and PPH use private funds to assist pimps and hookers, and have abortions performed on twelve year olds? The federal center for disease control has poured millions in grant money into the hands of gun hating sudo scientists to fund junk science ‘studies’ that ‘prove’ your gun is 11 times more likely to kill a member of your family than to successfully defend them.

California is probably the world leader at this kind of thing. We have funded millions in grants to the UFW. That’s just one example. Does anyone think the state is broke because we squandered our taxes on infrastructure?

Meplat
05-22-2012, 3:01 PM
The surprising thing to me is that so many are surprised! This is how the left works. Most all their mischief is publicly funded. The snide GOP comment aside, Bloomberg is a typical east coast leftist limousine liberal. His DNA is one marker off Chucki Schumer. Do you think Obama was using private money to do his “community organizing”? Do you think organizations like Acorn and PPH use private funds to assist pimps and hookers, and have abortions performed on twelve year olds? The federal center for disease control has poured millions in grant money into the hands of gun hating sudo scientists to fund junk science ‘studies’ that ‘prove’ your gun is 11 times more likely to kill a member of your family than to successfully defend them.

California is probably the world leader at this kind of thing. We have funded millions in grants to the UFW. That’s just one example. Does anyone think the state is broke because we squandered our taxes on infrastructure?

GaryV
05-23-2012, 6:51 AM
I'm not surprised that they're doing it; I'm surprised that this is the first I've heard of it. It seems like something that groups like the NRA and SAF would have made known to the rest of us if they were aware of it, either because it is illegal, or because it's not, but is something we could exert local pressure on our city governments to end. I'd certainly want to know if my city was using my taxes for something like this, and I'd make it known to my mayor and city commissioners that this would be a serious issue come next election if it was.

FastFinger
05-23-2012, 7:28 AM
Besides the fact that tax monies are being spent to deny taxpayers their civil rights, which is a travesty but hardly a surprise, it's amazing that there would be a full time position to oversee this. Orlando ain't that big, what would this person be doing everyday? She would either be playing solitaire or working on MAIG projects that are outside of Orlando. Either way Orlando taxpayers are getting screwed.

Next time the city is begging for tax increases remember that despite their BS it's not about saving jobs for "local police, fireman, and librarians..." it's about saving the job of a "minister of propaganda hell bent on destroying your liberty."

If it's that bad in a state that's relatively gun friendly, you know it's worse elsewhere.

GaryV
05-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Besides the fact that tax monies are being spent to deny taxpayers their civil rights, which is a travesty but hardly a surprise, it's amazing that there would be a full time position to oversee this. Orlando ain't that big, what would this person be doing everyday? She would either be playing solitaire or working on MAIG projects that are outside of Orlando. Either way Orlando taxpayers are getting screwed.

Next time the city is begging for tax increases remember that despite their BS it's not about saving jobs for "local police, fireman, and librarians..." it's about saving the job of a "minister of propaganda hell bent on destroying your liberty."

If it's that bad in a state that's relatively gun friendly, you know it's worse elsewhere.

While Florida as a state is very pro-gun and pro-self-defense, almost all the major cities are extremely anti. It's no surprise that Orlando is doing something like this. I would bet that Tampa, Jacksonville, Miami, and Boca Raton, at the very least, are doing it too. Maybe Fort Lauderdale, although they tend to be a bit better on such things.

gunsmith
05-23-2012, 12:18 PM
iirc calguns member Jim March once got Million Mom March in trouble for using San Francisco funds and or real estate, he may have some good ideas on how to address this-it certainly sounds illegal

Wherryj
05-23-2012, 1:16 PM
NYC has always considered itself special. No right on red, no drivers under the age of 18, etc.

I've always considered NYC "special" as well, in a "short-bus" kind of way.