PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Bans???

HBchevelle68
05-22-2012, 10:52 AM
I am starting to see threads about a 2014 ban on BB's...is this true? what exactly does the 2014 ban entail??

Sorry I am a little behind on this.

Dhena81
05-22-2012, 10:54 AM
:fud:

m03
05-22-2012, 10:58 AM
A bit premature since the text of the bill doesn't really even exist yet.

djleisure
05-22-2012, 11:00 AM
IBTL
Check out the 2A section on this site. Lots of chatter over there.

troysland
05-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Try this
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=574778

zfields
05-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Do people even bother doing 30 seconds worth of research before posting a new thread? Sure as hell doesn't seem like it anymore.

LBDamned
05-22-2012, 11:27 AM
it never ceases to amaze me how idiotic some people are... This Yee goof has no common sense: “Absent this bill, California’s assault weapon ban is significantly weakened. For the safety of the general public, we must close this loophole.”

“While most gun owners are law abiding, I am deeply concerned with these assault weapons getting into the wrong hands, resulting in mass casualties of civilians or law enforcement officers.”

Really?... does this buffoon really think criminals that intend to do ill will are going to use a bb equipped AR? Is it not overly obvious that someone planning to inflict mass casualties is not concerned about a "fixed magazine" and therefore the BB is moot.

This is one (of the many) reasons I'm so fed up with this state - We have such asinine people in leadership roles - and so many complete schmucks supporting them.

*As for starting a new thread - common guys, really?... how many BB threads are there? How many what scope should I buy threads are there? etc, etc... give the guy a break - he's posting in a section that has participants that don't frequent the 2A section (it's not like there are 2 threads in the same section - or is there?)

POLICESTATE
05-22-2012, 11:28 AM
I think it will come up for discussion, but when they run the numbers at the legislature and realize how many AW's they'll have to register, and this means off come the bullet-buttons, then they'll flip out and realize they have no real choice other than to let things remain the way they are now.

zfields
05-22-2012, 11:29 AM
it never ceases to amaze me how idiotic some people are... This Yee goof has no common sense: “Absent this bill, California’s assault weapon ban is significantly weakened. For the safety of the general public, we must close this loophole.”

“While most gun owners are law abiding, I am deeply concerned with these assault weapons getting into the wrong hands, resulting in mass casualties of civilians or law enforcement officers.”

Really?... does this buffoon really think criminals that intend to do ill will are going to use a bb equipped AR? Is it not overly obvious that someone planning to inflict mass casualties is not concerned about a "fixed magazine" and therefore the BB is moot.

This is one (of the many) reasons I'm so fed up with this state - We have such asinine people in leadership roles - and so many complete schmucks supporting them.

The best part, is that a politician who is so in tune with public safety and firearm laws JUST REALIZED that BB's are around.

Chaos47
05-22-2012, 11:30 AM
:willy_nilly:

Librarian
05-22-2012, 1:19 PM
Please keep the discussion of this topic in 2A.