PDA

View Full Version : Listen up bullet button owners...make a contribution!

spareparts
05-22-2012, 9:56 AM
I know this doesn't really belong in this sub forum, but since there's so much bb talk here I hope the mods will look the other way.

We all pay approx $25 for each bullet button so we can assemble our CA legal self loading semi auto rifles. How about we match that $25 to CGN, NRA, or other organization so we can keep them? At least one $25 contribution, if you can afford it match it for each rifle you have a bb on.

Don't just make bold internet commando statements and whatnot. We'll spend $200 on ammo for a few hours at the range, $800-$1200 for a rifle, $200+ for optics, what's $25?

hawk1
05-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Calling Calguns members "whiners" will not get the results you're looking for...;)

12voltguy
05-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Calling Calguns members "whiners" will not get the results you're looking for...;)

yup
NRA trys that with there scare tatics & they get a whoppin 5% of the 90mil gun owners????

Baconator
05-22-2012, 10:17 AM
I doubt the nra gives two ****s about this legislation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

spareparts
05-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the support guys, you know what I'm trying to do so stop being nit pickey. I don't care if you don't like the NRA, I said

or other organization

So put up some funds to someone pro-2A.

ElvenSoul
05-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Yes donate to CalGuns!

alfred1222
05-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Yes donate to CalGuns!

Thank you!!! Dont donate to the NRA or SAF or CRPA right now. Funnel all of your donations to CGF, theyre fighting the good fight for us in california

FatCity67
05-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Just buy through the Amazon link sticky above in the sub forum.

Imagine if every CalGunner, families and friends purchased through the link.

You could probably achieve funding like no one has every dreamed.

I would say easily $100,000+ by the end of the year.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=505057

NYsteveZ
05-22-2012, 11:01 AM
+1 on donating to Calguns. Donating to the NRA is too broad, and your cash may go into interests outside the state. If NRA wants to address the BB issue and fight for us on the state level, great. Untill then, CGs is my foundation of choice.

monk
05-22-2012, 11:15 AM
This reminds me of another thread about a guy telling people to put up or shut up. All it did was polarize people and actually made some not want to donate.

spareparts
05-22-2012, 11:40 AM
This reminds me of another thread about a guy telling people to put up or shut up. All it did was polarize people and actually made some not want to donate.

I can see it happening already in such a short amount of time so I changed the wording and I'll keep my personal opinions to myself for the greater good of Calguns.

Keep contributing people!

1BigPea
05-22-2012, 12:02 PM

You're wrong buddy.

hoffmang
05-22-2012, 3:23 PM
You're wrong buddy.

NRA has always been and remains a huge partner and supporter of the bullet button. Don't think anything different.

Now, the interesting part is that Yee's bill doesn't look to prohibit the bullet button at all - just the mag magnent.

-Gene

taperxz
05-22-2012, 3:27 PM
NRA has always been and remains a huge partner and supporter of the bullet button. Don't think anything different.

Now, the interesting part is that Yee's bill doesn't look to prohibit the bullet button at all - just the mag magnent.

-Gene

:D clarification

bwiese
05-22-2012, 4:21 PM
+1 on donating to Calguns. Donating to the NRA is too broad, and your cash may go into interests outside the state. If NRA wants to address the BB issue and fight for us on the state level, great. Untill then, CGs is my foundation of choice.

You don't know WTF you're talking about.

I personally know that the NRA and CRPA leg team is all over this.

bwiese
05-22-2012, 4:22 PM
slight tweak...

NRA has always been and remains a huge partner and supporter of the bullet button California gun owners. Don't think anything different.

-Gene

Baconator
05-22-2012, 4:47 PM
You're wrong buddy.

Well in the years I have been a member I've never seen any literature from them about it.

wildhawker
05-22-2012, 4:50 PM

I can assure you that NRA is very committed to fighting for gun owners on this issue.

-Brandon

Monte
05-22-2012, 4:53 PM
How about we match that $25 to CGN, NRA, or other organization so we can keep them?

Remember, CGN and CGF are not the same thing.

Baconator
05-22-2012, 4:53 PM
I can assure you that NRA is very committed to fighting for gun owners on this issue.

-Brandon

Well they sure don't spend much time talking about it. It's never been in my monthly magazine I get or monthly request to send more money.

JSolie
05-22-2012, 4:57 PM
Thank you!!! Dont donate to the NRA or SAF or CRPA right now. Funnel all of your donations to CGF, theyre fighting the good fight for us in california

SAF has helped out with CA stuff before. They're on my list for this year.

hoffmang
05-22-2012, 5:15 PM
Well they sure don't spend much time talking about it. It's never been in my monthly magazine I get or monthly request to send more money.

Since this is a California only issue, you're not going to see much about it in the national magazine. Ed Worley does an excellent job for all of us in Sacramento.

-Gene

wildhawker
05-22-2012, 5:19 PM
In addition to asking for your help by donating to CGF at www.calgunsfoundation.org/donate, I need to ask everyone who is an FFL (including 03 C&R), accessory retailer, trainer, or in any way connected to the industry, to please also support Cal-FFL at www.calffl.org/join.

-Brandon

IPSICK
05-22-2012, 6:34 PM
Doesn't anyone know how to create a signature anymore? I realize there are links at the top of the page but for those making calls to donate, why not provide more links.

By the way, I just started recurring quarterly donations.

jimx
05-22-2012, 6:58 PM
We all pay approx $25 for each bullet button so we can assemble our CA legal self loading semi auto rifles. How about we match that $25 to CGN, NRA, or other organization so we can keep them? At least one $25 contribution, if you can afford it match it for each rifle you have a bb on.

Don't just make bold internet commando statements and whatnot. We'll spend $200 on ammo for a few hours at the range, $800-$1200 for a rifle, $200+ for optics, what's $25?

There is no need to give money!

We were able to work with “the right people” and we got a PRO-Gun Governor elected. There is no way Jerry will sign that bill. Heck the mods have already deleted the thread.

Only a anti-gun person would donate to the NRA. After they backed that anti-gun republican over PRO-Gun Jerry, no one should give them a dime.

BTW i think you mean CGF

pricedo
05-22-2012, 7:09 PM

Just people looking for an excuse NOT to donate. :rolleyes:

calif 15-22
05-22-2012, 7:12 PM
Thanks for the support guys, you know what I'm trying to do so stop being nit pickey. I don't care if you don't like the NRA, I said

538 posts and now your post about putting up some funds. How about you contribute to Calguns here?? I did after post 100. This place is great for info and does great work in working to promote and protect gun rights.

You sir need to put your money where your mouth is :cool2:

Come on and start it off with your own donation to Calguns

goober
05-22-2012, 7:16 PM
There is no need to give money!

We were able to work with “the right people” and we got a PRO-Gun Governor elected. There is no way Jerry will sign that bill. Heck the mods have already deleted the thread.

Only a anti-gun person would donate to the NRA. After they backed that anti-gun republican over PRO-Gun Jerry, no one should give them a dime.

BTW i think you mean CGF

said the troll...

IPSICK
05-22-2012, 7:31 PM

So does the CRPA still deserve my consideration? I want to join but...

*I don't want to comment further. However, I remain reluctant.

repubconserv
05-22-2012, 7:47 PM
538 posts and now your post about putting up some funds. How about you contribute to Calguns here?? I did after post 100. This place is great for info and does great work in working to promote and protect gun rights.

Difference between Calguns Network "the forum", And Calguns Foundation the "kick*** team of legal experts who continually work to defend gun owners rights in this state"

I think both should get our donations, but Kes himself has said to donate to CGF before you donate to CGN. CGF is what OP is referring to

Wrangler John
05-22-2012, 8:02 PM
Okay, I just made a donation.

Money being the mother's milk of all things political and judicial, a bit of nurture can't hurt. I was thinking of seeking out one of those Colt AR's made for California, I need it like a hole in the head, but the decision should be mine, not the state's.

In the past few years I have noticed an incredible increase of things AR, at the range, in the gun press, on TV, and online. Seems to be the rifle that dominates the market right now. If anything is in common use, it has to be the AR platform.

Banning the mag magnet, which is a felony to leave attached, is not a bad idea (if Gene's right about Yee's bill), not when uninformed people can be prosecuted for a simple misunderstanding. So pony up a few bucks, donate them to the cause of restoring freedom, and enjoy the warm fuzzies. Hell, in a weak moment I even slipped a few bucks to the Special Olympics, my Curmudgeon License is now in jeopardy - but I like to see kids smile.

mag360
05-22-2012, 8:46 PM
make sure you donate through yourr companys chaity drive especially if thy have matching. My donations to CGF and SAF come right out of each paycheck.

mud99
05-22-2012, 9:00 PM
IMO, I would rather donate to CGF than to the NRA. If CGF doesn't have a use for the money they can always choose another organization to donate it to.

I know the NRA does a LOT in total, however it doesn't seem like they spend each dollar as wisely as they could. I'd rather have CGF hold the pursestrings and decide where to spend the money, even if the funds are just going to SAF or NRA in the end.

mag360
05-22-2012, 9:20 PM
donate to NRA-ILA, it dosent seem to be widely known that the ILA is where the bulk of money should go. They support all legislative actions. Not giving to NRA-ILA is unwise.

Greez82
05-22-2012, 9:48 PM
Well I guess this makes a good first post since this was my first donation and I just bought my first firearm also my first firearm with a bb =)

wildhawker
05-22-2012, 9:52 PM
NRA-ILA is the one place i would *never* donate to, or suggest anyone else donate to.

-Brandon

spareparts
05-22-2012, 10:01 PM

I did this morning, before I posted I gave $25 as a one time donation for my first BB rifle. I have three more rifles with BB's and will make donations for each one just as I'm asking others to do, just have to do it as paydays permit. I'll freely and honestly admit that I was a putz in the past, I've been around the forum for quite a while, used the sales sections, and got alot of free advice...turning over a new leaf and want to do my part.

Additional Information
Calguns.net username, if any Spareparts

Items selected for XXXXXXX
Item Description Quantity Amount
One Time Donation 1 $25.00
Item Count: 1 Total : $25.00

Shopping at Amazon.com not only saves you money, but supports Calguns Foundation with every purchase! Click here to shop at Amazon - up to 15% of every purchase goes right back to CGF and supporting your rights! (Remember to bookmark the link in your browser!)

Bhobbs
05-22-2012, 10:06 PM
said the troll...

Troll post or the truth? I seem to remember a lot of back peddling when Moonbeam signed the bills into law.

mag360
05-22-2012, 10:44 PM
on top of membership fees. I always figured my donations like this.

1. Cgf or saf
2. Used to be crpa
3. Nra-ila
4. NRA

guess I will correct my schpeel and donations.

beerup949
05-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Just donated! I hope every member can as well

onegtalon
05-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Donated! I hope to do the monthly thing soon....

calif 15-22
05-23-2012, 8:02 AM
Difference between Calguns Network "the forum", And Calguns Foundation the "kick*** team of legal experts who continually work to defend gun owners rights in this state"

I think both should get our donations, but Kes himself has said to donate to CGF before you donate to CGN. CGF is what OP is referring to

Dang it . . .now I feel like a heel. I did not know of CGF. I will make a donation today! Thanks for the clarification.

I did this morning, before I posted I gave $25 as a one time donation for my first BB rifle. I have three more rifles with BB's and will make donations for each one just as I'm asking others to do, just have to do it as paydays permit. I'll freely and honestly admit that I was a putz in the past, I've been around the forum for quite a while, used the sales sections, and got alot of free advice...turning over a new leaf and want to do my part.

Well done sir . . . well done!

IPSICK
05-23-2012, 8:41 AM

Now for all this noise, I feel you need to do two things.

1. Set up recurring donations. CGF has provision for monthly, quarterly, or yearly.

2. Make a signature and provide links. Make it easier and obvious for other to follow your noise.

ArmedJackal
05-23-2012, 8:54 AM
Just donated. :)

repubconserv
05-23-2012, 9:50 AM
Dang it . . .now I feel like a heel. I did not know of CGF. I will make a donation today! Thanks for the clarification.

You're welcome :)

And again, there is nothing wrong with donating to CGN, and everyone should do that (I really need to) too after donating to CGF

1BigPea
05-23-2012, 9:50 AM
NRA-ILA is the one place i would *never* donate to, or suggest anyone else donate to.

-Brandon

Brandon, just wondering why not? Thx.

Another $50 donation sent to CGF, the check is on the way.

calif 15-22
05-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Just donated to CGF as well.

Good thread!

wildhawker
05-23-2012, 1:35 PM

The NRA organizations Friends of the NRA and CRDF do a lot of very positive and valuable work.

The NRA-ILA is bloated, inefficient, poorly-managed, and has actively worked against our national strategy and specific efforts. They are no friends of mine.

They can't get me election mailers on time, or even right. The "political pros" at ILA have accomplished nearly nothing in the past decade, at great expense.

Sadly, I expect the ILA leadership to become the NRA leadership when Wayne retires.

-Brandon

1BigPea
05-23-2012, 1:50 PM
The NRA organizations Friends of the NRA and CRDF do a lot of very positive and valuable work.

The NRA-ILA is bloated, inefficient, poorly-managed, and has actively worked against our national strategy and specific efforts. They are no friends of mine.

They can't get me election mailers on time, or even right. The "political pros" at ILA have accomplished nearly nothing in the past decade, at great expense.

Sadly, I expect the ILA leadership to become the NRA leadership when Wayne retires.

-Brandon

Ugh, I wish I would have known this before. I figured since the NRA-ILA was the "legislative?" branch I sent them just as much as I've sent the NRA itself, which is a lot over time.

Thanks for the heads up, now the NRA will get those funds solely.

12voltguy
05-23-2012, 1:51 PM
Doesn't anyone know how to create a signature anymore? I realize there are links at the top of the page but for those making calls to donate, why not provide more links.

By the way, I just started recurring quarterly donations.

org poster doesn't;)
still no link on his main post asking for $$????????
just put link in my sig

pricedo
05-24-2012, 1:15 PM
donate to NRA-ILA, it dosent seem to be widely known that the ILA is where the bulk of money should go. They support all legislative actions. Not giving to NRA-ILA is unwise.

Some look for any excuse to self justify not supporting the fight.
And it IS a fight to keep 2A above water in an Obama administration.
The ones who don't donate will be the first to whine when their 2A rights are forfeited.

12voltguy
05-24-2012, 1:20 PM

-Brandon

The ones who don't donate will be the first to whine when their 2A rights are forfeited.

did you miss this post about the ILA?

Baconator
05-24-2012, 1:25 PM
I promise, and I mean promise; as soon as I get a job I will set up monthly contributions.

wildhawker
05-24-2012, 1:48 PM

Nope.

-Brandon

wildhawker
05-24-2012, 1:49 PM
CGF donation/support options:

1. Donate to CGF online (https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=calgunsfnd&id=1) (setup a monthly recurring donation for moar #win!)

2. Buy at Amazon.com through the CGF Affiliate Program (http://shop42a.com) - make it a bookmark or desktop link and click through it ever time you make an order! (Now easier to remember - shop42A.com)

3. Shop the Official CGF Store (http://store.calgunsfoundation.org)

Thanks all!

-Brandon

Adeodatus
05-24-2012, 3:18 PM
Just signed up for monthly donations!

Neil McCauley
05-24-2012, 4:24 PM
Ahh what the heck, I'll throw in another few bucks. I know every buck helps.

Cactus_Tim
05-25-2012, 9:14 AM
Just made a donation to CGF.
Will donate more on payday!

Farrier-1
05-25-2012, 9:27 AM
Donated.

I do have questions though. I thought Paypal was severly anti-gun and has a history of withholding or delaying funds for gun, ammo etc purchases. Why is CG using PayPal if this is true?

johnny_22
05-25-2012, 9:36 AM
I use a Monster Man Grip and a muzzle brake on my ARs. But, an attack on any of us is an attack on all of us.

$100 donated

Order Number 464

pricedo
05-27-2012, 12:11 PM

Nope.

12voltguy
05-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Nope.

-Brandon

Nope.

anyone want to explain, or just a snarky 1 word reply?:43:

SAN compnerd
05-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Ok two bits for me. Maybe more in the near future. Hope we can stop this BB BS.

wildhawker
05-27-2012, 12:53 PM

I presumed the post was 'in spite of', but I'm happy to be wrong about that.

-Brandon

pricedo
05-28-2012, 3:24 AM

I won't apologize for what I said.
There ARE a lot of Americans who exercise their 2A rights almost every day that won't lift a finger or spend a dime to protect 2A.
They say on this and other gun boards "The NRA has a few faults so I won't donate".
Just an excuse to sit back and spectate while others fight to protect their freedoms.
I'll admit that the NRA isn't perfect but they have been instrumental in getting and keeping 2A rights intact, CCW rights in almost every state, bankrolling the Heller and Chicago court battles and many other landmark wins.
I'm a life member of the GOA & NRA and donate every year.
Let's look at the arithmetic.
The NRA has about 4 million members.
I don't know the stats but I'd expect there are a heck of a lot more American gun owners than 4 million.
We obviously have a lot of fence sitters in the American Firearms Owners Community (the majority) who are willing to sit on their wallets and let other people finance the fight for them.
With the UN (a spineless paper tiger front organization for despots & dictators that Americans shouldn't be sending a single troop or a rusty penny ) ramping up its international anti gun propaganda machine and trying to stick its nose into American internal affairs and the possibility of an Obama second term in office hanging over our heads like the Sword of Damocles the NRA needs more support than ever.
And considering that California is running a D+ or C- average and is only behind DC, NJ, Ill and a few others as regards oppressive anti-gun laws with all due respect I'd say the fight in this fine state could do with a shot of Geritol.

12voltguy
05-28-2012, 10:19 AM

-Brandon

Another $50 donation sent to CGF, the check is on the way.

-Brandon

I won't apologize for what I said.
There ARE a lot of Americans who exercise their 2A rights almost every day that won't lift a finger or spend a dime to protect 2A.
They say on this and other gun boards "The NRA has a few faults so I won't donate".
Just an excuse to sit back and spectate while others fight to protect their freedoms.
I'll admit that the NRA isn't perfect but they have been instrumental in getting and keeping 2A rights intact, CCW rights in almost every state, bankrolling the Heller and Chicago court battles and many other landmark wins.
I'm a life member of the GOA & NRA and donate every year.
Let's look at the arithmetic.
The NRA has about 4 million members.
I don't know the stats but I'd expect there are a heck of a lot more American gun owners than 4 million.
We obviously have a lot of fence sitters in the American Firearms Owners Community (the majority) who are willing to sit on their wallets and let other people finance the fight for them.
With the UN (a spineless paper tiger front organization for despots & dictators that Americans shouldn't be sending a single troop or a rusty penny ) ramping up its international anti gun propaganda machine and trying to stick its nose into American internal affairs and the possibility of an Obama second term in office hanging over our heads like the Sword of Damocles the NRA needs more support than ever.
And considering that California is running a D+ or C- average and is only behind DC, NJ, Ill and a few others as regards oppressive anti-gun laws with all due respect I'd say the fight in this fine state could do with a shot of Geritol.
NRA-ILA is part I am talking about
I am in NRA CGF AND CGN
link in sig to join

NIDDLE
05-28-2012, 9:29 PM
I know my post count is 2, new member here. After reading this thread and others similar I went ahead and donated to CGF and joined the NRA to take action and do my part (and will continue to donate to CGF through Amazon purchases now that I know about the link and just plain donating to both CGF and NRA). As a newer gun owner, and seeing how fun it is to go to the range with friends and meet other enthusiasts, I would like to continue doing it! Seeing as I'm not moving out anytime soon, I will be joining in the effort to keep our fundamental rights as law abiding and tax paying citizens.

wildhawker
05-28-2012, 9:37 PM
I know my post count is 2, new member here. After reading this thread and others similar I went ahead and donated to CGF and joined the NRA to take action and do my part (and will continue to donate to CGF through Amazon purchases now that I know about the link and just plain donating to both CGF and NRA). As a newer gun owner, and seeing how fun it is to go to the range with friends and meet other enthusiasts, I would like to continue doing it! Seeing as I'm not moving out anytime soon, I will be joining in the effort to keep our fundamental rights as law abiding and tax paying citizens.

You've done more to help defend and advance our rights than many with much higher post counts. As you proved, you don't have to have to wait to stand up and be counted.

Thank you for your support!

-Brandon

pricedo
05-29-2012, 5:52 AM

Good attitude.
We'll need 2A activists with their sleeves rolled up and wallets open to protect and promote our rights with the UN and possibly (I surely hope not) a 2nd term Obama / Holder anti-gun tag team breathing down our necks.
Post account = credibility is a fallacy.
We could have new members joining this board who have owned and used guns for decades and might even be gunsmiths.

Bobby Hated
05-29-2012, 5:55 AM
screw the NRA. they dont give a hoot for us in cali.

i'll make a CGF contribution soon as i get paid this week.

Wherryj
05-29-2012, 10:02 AM

Now, the interesting part is that Yee's bill doesn't look to prohibit the bullet button at all - just the mag magnet.

-Gene

Doesn't Yee know that there are already laws that do that? Perhaps he feels that making it "even more illegal" will help?

Santa Cruz Armory
05-29-2012, 10:10 AM
make sure you donate through yourr companys chaity drive especially if thy have matching. My donations to CGF and SAF come right out of each paycheck.

I do exactly this. And the best part is, the anti- gun company I work for has to match my contributions. :D

javalos
05-29-2012, 1:38 PM
Made a contribution to Calguns Foundation. Continue the good fight, I will till the bitter end and then I will keep fighting.

PixelBender
05-29-2012, 1:48 PM
LOL Says the guy with a with BLUE name. :rolleyes:

PixelBender
05-29-2012, 1:50 PM
Doesn't Yee know that there are already laws that do that? Perhaps he feels that making it "even more illegal" will help?

But the mag magnet is already illegal by definition.

*blort*

wildhawker
05-29-2012, 2:03 PM

I have a blue name. So do many others who I *know* make significant contributions to advancing gun rights, both financially and otherwise.

What is your point? I'm very interested in what you're implying.

-Brandon

Bhobbs
05-29-2012, 3:30 PM

You do know that donating to CGN is not the same as donating to CGF, right? So having a gold name here is irrelevent to how much you donate to the legal workings.

goober
05-29-2012, 6:02 PM

how's the foot taste today? :D

monk
05-29-2012, 6:37 PM
I got a blue name too :D

Clownpuncher
05-29-2012, 6:40 PM

I do it at least once a week at www.shop42a.com :D

a1c
05-29-2012, 7:23 PM
This year I think I've donated so far $200 in contributions to CGF - I decided last year to donate 5% of my gun-related budget. After I'm done with taxes, there'll be more going that way.

No, I don't want to donate to NRA-ILA. I loathe their misinformation campaigns, their heavily politicized propaganda - it does nothing but alienate a lot of gun owners from our larger goals. CGF is where my donations will keep going.

wildhawker
05-29-2012, 7:55 PM
This year I think I've donated so far $200 in contributions to CGF - I decided last year to donate 5% of my gun-related budget. After I'm done with taxes, there'll be more going that way.

No, I don't want to donate to NRA-ILA. I loathe their misinformation campaigns, their heavily politicized propaganda - it does nothing but alienate a lot of gun owners from our larger goals. CGF is where my donations will keep going.

Thank you, truly.

-Brandon

pricedo
05-31-2012, 2:55 AM

I have a blue name. So do many others who I *know* make significant contributions to advancing gun rights, both financially and otherwise.

What is your point? I'm very interested in what you're implying.

-Brandon

I have donated and do donate a lot to pro 2A organizations and not only to NRA & GOA at times when I can afford it.
When and how I do it is my own business.