PDA

View Full Version : Let's show Senator Yee our "Love".

nicki
05-21-2012, 11:04 PM
As many of you know, Senator Yee from San Francisco is trying to ban our bullet buttons, he is incensed, ouuuuuuuuuu.;)

Well, we can publically show him our "love" and we can do it where many San Franciscans will see it, on their home turf.

How do we do this you might ask, well it is simple.

Every year San Francisco has a Gay Pride Parade, about 500,000 people generally attend, granted that is a small event compared to something like a gun show or some other venue Calguns looks for volunteers to man booths at.

Once again we have a "Pink Pistol" contingent marching down in the middle of the parade chanting gun rights.

This will be Sunday Jun 24th. Figure it will be an all day event. More details will follow as we get closer to the event.

Many of you have reservations about attending and I respect that, it is a matter of priorities and I happen to view gun rights as a significant priority that trumps many other issues.

For those of you who are the "HARD CORE GUNNIES" and see the value of being in your face and taking the fight into enemy territory, this is an event for you.

Truthfully we have alot of fun, you get to meet the real leaders in the gun rights movement. Each year we have gotten better and better, this will be our 4th year.

After the parade, we hang out, drink beer, talk politics, drink beer,bounce strategies about, drink beer, obviously this is more fun than the forum.

This is fun, it is in your face so if you are in the SF Bay area, what else would you be doing on a Sunday. You could hang with us or you could find yourself doing a honeydo list.;)

So let us show Sen Yee our love in his home turf.:43:

Nicki

IPSICK
05-22-2012, 12:14 AM
I hope people realize how good of an idea this is. Senator Yee is the State Senate rep for SF and if a bunch of pro-gunnies (hopefully he sees voters) show up in overwhelming numbers he may get an idea of how he's jeopardizing his political career.

mag360
05-22-2012, 12:30 AM
I'd consider driving over to SF for this. keep us posted.

zvardan
05-22-2012, 6:54 AM
Ill go. :)

oldrifle
05-22-2012, 7:18 AM
I'm in.

SanPedroShooter
05-22-2012, 7:25 AM
Hells yeah! Did you do LB this year? SF may be a bit to far of a drive for me. I got my signs from last year still if anyone in LA wants em....

ddestruel
05-22-2012, 9:26 AM
I've always been interested in seeing what the potential of billboard campaign strategically placed around CA like on I80 and I15 etc around CA decrying the Gun theivery being conducted by our legislators would do.

i've been amazed at the amount of awareness and interest that some of the simple gun shop billboards and radio adds around the bay area have sparked with people i know who werent gun owners and who now are.

Things like this make me think that a public awareness campaign in plain view outside of the normal 2nd amendment and gun owner circles might have more impact and help us at times like this more than it would have in the past.

interstellar
05-22-2012, 9:35 AM
We'll have a film crew there.

Nikki, please pm with the details as you get them.

motorhead
05-22-2012, 10:38 AM
may i suggest a recall petition. usually gets their attention.

rp55
05-22-2012, 10:42 AM
A bunch of gunnies demonstrating in SF against Yee will do nothing but enhance his reputation with the locals. You'd probably get better mileage by pretending to be progressives and take him to task for running his mouth but doing nothing. Like "Where's the bullet button ban you promised us Senator?

Neil McCauley
05-22-2012, 10:48 AM
On my behalf, I will send my local correspondent PandaLuv.

spareparts
05-22-2012, 11:02 AM
I going post this statement in every bullet button or Leland Yee thread I can for a while. If it gets buried in the posts I’ll do it again and again. I don’t care if I get banned for being annoying or violating some kind of rule. Too many of us were content with just sitting back and e-mailing or calling our state reps and we lost UOC. So please contribute to Calguns or another pro-2A organization.

I’m asking everyone who owns a CA legal self loading semi automatic rifle with a bullet button to contribute at least the price of one bullet button, approximately $25. If you can afford it, contribute for each rifle you own that has a bb on it. Even if Lee doesn’t get anything through committees and to the floor the money will go to fight other issues that are sure to come up.

Here’s a link to save you some time:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=108030

Quinc
05-22-2012, 11:12 AM
I think a good way to get even the antis against Lee is to ask him why he thinks taking away our rights is more important then fixing Californians deficit and unemployment rates etc.

Scarecrow Repair
05-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Would signs saying "Yee Ha" be of bad taste? They would sure be fun.

surplus-addict
05-22-2012, 11:36 AM
WHOA. Neil is still here? Or was he just banned from OT?

POLICESTATE
05-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Start a grass-roots but non-affiliated loose organization that supports Yee in his Communist agenda. That should get some attention. You know, make signs and flyers talking about how awesome this or that he did is in regards to advancing the communist agenda.

How's that for showing some love?

CitaDeL
05-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Would signs saying "Yee Ha" be of bad taste? They would sure be fun.

Only if it is not properly punctuated;

Yee. HA!

Probably should be accompanied with a graphic of a bullet button being utilized.

Some dialogue should be attached to Yee in why he hates gays and the right to defend themselves.

taperxz
05-22-2012, 12:23 PM
If you want to see what this guy is about read this. Its nine pages though

http://www.sfbg.com/2011/08/30/real-leland-yee

SURVIVOR619
05-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Start a grass-roots but non-affiliated loose organization that supports Yee in his Communist agenda. That should get some attention. You know, make signs and flyers talking about how awesome this or that he did is in regards to advancing the communist agenda.

This is good right here. The group could wear a uniform and all signs should be in black/red/orange/white only... Hahaha! Nice idea!

dave_cg
05-22-2012, 1:04 PM

Heck, yeah! How about this for an organization name: Collectivist Elite Hypocrites. Start handing out letter grades to politicians, similar to how the NRA does. Sounds fun.

Write Winger
05-22-2012, 1:05 PM
"Keep your laws off my buttons!"

nicki
05-22-2012, 2:13 PM
I have already paid the parade fees, so we are in.

A big issue with us for the parade is having enough safety monitors, what it involves is a one hour class. In one of the earlier pride parades there was a tragic accident where someone got under the wheels of a semi. Probably very ugly.

Needless to say the parade organizers had to scramble to keep their parade and the monitor program was created to deal with the issue.

I would like to get as many people to attend the monitor class as possible so that way if we have a surge, we can have a big contingent.

Wash has a line on a military type transport, so that does a few things.

1. It makes our group stand out and look bigger.
2. It gives us a place to put things like coolers.

We don't know our place in line yet, but last year we were in the middle of the parade which I think is a good place to be, I expect we will be the same give or take.

For those of you who are from southern CA, the drive through the central valley on I5 is generally a straight shot, posted speed limit is 70, traffic flows around 80. From LA to SF you are probably looking at a 6hr drive each way.

Central valley(Fresno) I would allow 3.5 hrs, Sacramento allow 2 hours.

Parking is bad for people going to the parade, but since we arrive early, it is available.
I am going to encourage parking near the end of the parade route.

Something I want to make clear is we need to take the high road. Sen Yee is liked in SF, so we don't want signs that are personal attacks.

It is okay to attack useless gun laws, our focus is gun rights are civil rights, as such, that will be the tone of our march.

We will probably have a few get together before the march and they will be announced so that we can have a good march.

The issue is we want to have fun and we want to be really loud.:43:

This year we might even make the news. Controversy is what news stations want for ratings, so that is what we will give them.

Nicki

SouthCoastTargets
05-22-2012, 2:21 PM
i dont know what it takes to actually get a recall election but if you got a table at the cow palace gun show that could easily get you several thousand signatures in the district.

ldivinag
05-22-2012, 4:01 PM
i've always thought reason politicians ban guns is just they dont understand it, besides seeing news reports of people getting killed by them...

would issuing an invitation to Yee and other politicians to the July 4th shoot-n-que be a better idea?

or is it just a dumb idea to begin with???

ldivinag
05-22-2012, 4:01 PM
i've always thought reason politicians ban guns is just they dont understand it, besides seeing news reports of people getting killed by them...

would issuing an invitation to Yee and other politicians to the July 4th shoot-n-que be a better idea?

Rekrab
05-22-2012, 5:30 PM

I actually love the idea of inviting politicians like Yee out to the range. I don't think they'd ever accept, but opening up a line of communication helps eliminate the "Us Vs. Them" mentality that politicians and civilians often develop.

Civil rights aren't about Left versus Right, they're about people.

SgtMerc
05-22-2012, 8:23 PM
I would be totally down for attending something of this nature. The only issue i see that might arise is if people decide to attend bearing their arms. As much as it is our reason for this, it would only hurt us.

While we are rallying for civil rights, carrying during a demonstration would likely make us look like "gun nuts" rather than "firearms enthusiasts"

SanPedroShooter
05-22-2012, 9:18 PM
I would be totally down for attending something of this nature. The only issue i see that might arise is if people decide to attend bearing their arms. As much as it is our reason for this, it would only hurt us.

While we are rallying for civil rights, carrying during a demonstration would likely make us look like "gun nuts" rather than "firearms enthusiasts"

I think all of SF is 'gun free zone' (ha ha) so it wouldnt be an issue. Niki has brought this up before, so I will let her speak to that.

There was a notable exception once, but it was a pink airsoft gun with a *certain* attachment .... Whether or not it will make an appearance, I do not know.

dchang0
05-22-2012, 9:48 PM
A protest, petition, or recall's not enough. What we need to do is get together enough money to hire a private investigator to go find some real skeletons in his closet--something that would lead to prosecution or impeachment or at least a negative television news story. That's what the political parties do to each other on a routine basis, especially at the Presidential level, but not usually at the local or state level.

Speaking of "love," it sure would be nice if there was something like John Edwards + Rielle Hunter in Yee's past to expose...

CalBear
05-22-2012, 10:04 PM
I am going to encourage parking near the end of the parade route.
The Millbrae and Dublin/Pleasanton BART stations have enormous parking facilities that are free on weekends. The parade route is basically Embarcadero BART to Civic Center BART.

Something I want to make clear is we need to take the high road. Sen Yee is liked in SF, so we don't want signs that are personal attacks.
Agreed. This should be made clear to all who attend. We do not want to gain a bad reputation by slinging mud at well liked San Franciscans.

Cali-V
05-22-2012, 10:12 PM
A protest, petition, or recall's not enough. What we need to do is get together enough money to hire a private investigator to go find some real skeletons in his closet--something that would lead to prosecution or impeachment or at least a negative television news story. That's what the political parties do to each other on a routine basis, especially at the Presidential level, but not usually at the local or state level.

Speaking of "love," it sure would be nice if there was something like John Edwards + Rielle Hunter in Yee's past to expose...

Hey that has a ring.... Lets Vet Yee

AndrewMendez
05-22-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't know if I can get up there that weekend, but if I can, I will be flying. Probably up and down same day. I would love the luxury of being able to drive up and drive back, but realistically, it's just not ideal with work/family.

With that being said, who has the flags? I have the posters that CGF paid for. They are huge photos that were borrowed with permission from Oleg Volk.

nicki
05-22-2012, 10:56 PM
I don't know if I can get up there that weekend, but if I can, I will be flying. Probably up and down same day. I would love the luxury of being able to drive up and drive back, but realistically, it's just not ideal with work/family.

With that being said, who has the flags? I have the posters that CGF paid for. They are huge photos that were borrowed with permission from Oleg Volk.

I got the flags and the bullhorns too.:43:

Nicki

nicki
05-22-2012, 11:01 PM

The parade rules prohibit display of arms, even fake ones. Pinky was pushing the envelope last year, but as Tom says, that was okay in SF.

Sorry guys, Tom had to pull alot of personal favors to get us in to the parade because we are such a "PC" incorrect group.

Holsters are cool, you can put water, brushes, banana's, constitutions or adult toys in them.

To a certain extent, we need to go with the flavor, have fun.

Nicki