PDA

View Full Version : Loving my new Mossy 930 Spx

Bigbuckool
05-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Picked up my new SPX last week and ran 100 plus rounds through it on Sunday. Bird, buck, or slug it ran it all through without a hitch, in mixed loading. It will take quite a few more rounds, but if it continues to function as well as it has I would have no reservations about making this my primary HD firearm.

I'm thinking of adding a Nordic barrel clamp/w rail and a light and I'm G2G.

MossbergMan
05-22-2012, 7:52 AM
Love my SPX930 too. What a value! I think I want a Nodric extended magazine...one or two more rounds. Making it a 9 or 10 shooter would be awesome. I already have light mount and velcro sidesaddle and a two shell holder on the right side of the forend just forward of the receiver. Makes for very fast combat reloads.

MossbergMan
05-22-2012, 7:54 AM
Forgot to ask...did you know the front sight is elevation adjustable? I found out the hard way. I haven't seen it even mentioned in the manual.

Bigbuckool
05-22-2012, 9:01 AM
Forgot to ask...did you know the front sight is elevation adjustable? I found out the hard way. I haven't seen it even mentioned in the manual.

I did not. Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to play around with the stock shims this week and see if it improves anything, but fit and feel are fine right now. Seems like they're hard to beat at the current price point.

MossbergMan
05-22-2012, 8:54 PM
Isn't that great...adjustable drop shims? Makes it a even better value. Mine are still in the box. I found with my shooting style/mount no need for anymore drop. Gun comes up under my cheek and the front sight is in the apature. Not everyone shoots the same or have he body shapes, Mossberg took this into consideration....I love my Mossys!!