PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on why the GOV'T keeps attacking our 2nd amendment

USMCforLIFE
05-21-2012, 7:40 PM
I believe gun restrictions are not being pushed to help stop crime but to keep the american people controllable. the government knows if they were to take away guns only criminals would have them they know adding more and more restrictions puts our lives in more danger so why would our government push to add so many unnecessary restrictions? i believe it is because our government realizes americans are getting tired of the way it is being ran and the people are one bad protest away from starting a revolutionary war again! this is why our government activated FEMA camps this is why they keep infringing on our rights to bear arms. it is all common sense well at least in my head it is!:mad: what are your thoughts?

Cypriss32
05-21-2012, 8:06 PM
FEMA camps? A friend and his mom told me about this like 5 years ago. Im interested to see how your story and info about this goes. PM me if you want.

USMCforLIFE
05-21-2012, 8:13 PM
FEMA camps? A friend and his mom told me about this like 5 years ago. Im interested to see how your story and info about this goes. PM me if you want.

there are camps that were activated like what 4-5 years back and are still active. these are not the safe houses for people after a hurricane or tornado like what was originally said there is razor wire on top of the fences going all the way around the camps. jesse venture even did a show on them i think the show was conspiracy theories. these have been around for awhile and are not going away. look at the following page

http://thesantosrepublic.com/2012/01/2012-obama-government-activating-fema-prison-camps-for-americans-across-u-s/

you can find so much info on these camps go on youtube search fema camps it is peoples home videos of these camps all over!

Tacit Blue
05-21-2012, 8:16 PM
The facilities are very much infact real. There is one on the east coast that is a fully sustained city that continues " COG" or continuity of government as it's referred to.

They even have their police force and ems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Weather_Emergency_Operations_Center
http://usahitman.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/mt_weather_1998.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_mxfjte_BG7k/SYGnIcZOOOI/AAAAAAAANIg/6XenrMmU2VQ/Mountweatherpd001.jpg

USMCforLIFE
05-21-2012, 8:23 PM
this is why these things happen because americans have no idea what is going on and it is right in there back yard!

Tacit Blue
05-21-2012, 8:27 PM
We'll Mt. Weathers has been known for awhile, and it's status is official. Although not well known to a majority of the population. It's basically a back up city for government officials.

fiddletown
05-21-2012, 8:37 PM
I believe gun restrictions are not being pushed to help stop crime but to keep the american people controllable. ... i believe it is because our government realizes americans are getting tired of the way it is being ran and the people are one bad protest away from starting a revolutionary war again! .... what are your thoughts?I believe that as usual we're forgetting that we elect the government.

It's fashionable to blame politicians. But politicians are interested in getting elected and re-elected. So what it really comes down to is our neighbors, the people in our communities, the people in our towns, the people we work with, the people we see at the mall, etc. If enough of our neighbors, enough of the people in our communities, enough of the people in our towns, enough of the people we work with, enough of the people we see at the mall, etc., don't like guns, and don't trust the rest of us with them, politicians who take anti-gun stands can get elected and re-elected (and bureaucrats who take anti-gun stands can keep their jobs).

So we need to remember that part of the battle to keep and expand our gun rights needs to start with our neighbors, the people in our communities, the people in our towns, the people we work with, the people we see at the mall, etc. We need to engage and include as many of them as we can.

So let's each of us ask ourselves what we are doing to be good ambassadors for guns and gun rights and to win over our neighbors, the people in our communities, the people in our towns, the people we work with, the people we see at the mall, etc., to our points of view.

OrenG
05-21-2012, 8:40 PM
there are camps that were activated like what 4-5 years back and are still active. these are not the safe houses for people after a hurricane or tornado like what was originally said there is razor wire on top of the fences going all the way around the camps. jesse venture even did a show on them i think the show was conspiracy theories. these have been around for awhile and are not going away. look at the following page

http://thesantosrepublic.com/2012/01/2012-obama-government-activating-fema-prison-camps-for-americans-across-u-s/

you can find so much info on these camps go on youtube search fema camps it is peoples home videos of these camps all over!

There is a google map out there that has supposed sites where these camps are located. I have yet to check one of them out so I'm still a little cautious about the legitimacy of this.

Found it here: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205325852760988838124.00045bc25ee928a8872d 0&msa=0&ll=39.774769,-90.966797&spn=51.135854,79.013672

stix213
05-21-2012, 8:42 PM
Not this tinfoil hat "FEMA camps" nonsense. :TFH:

You realize you kill your own arguments, no matter how good they are, when you throw in wild and thoroughly debunked conspiracy theories.

The facilities are very much infact real. There is one on the east coast that is a fully sustained city that continues " COG" or continuity of government as it's referred to.

They even have their police force and ems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Weather_Emergency_Operations_Center
http://usahitman.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/mt_weather_1998.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_mxfjte_BG7k/SYGnIcZOOOI/AAAAAAAANIg/6XenrMmU2VQ/Mountweatherpd001.jpg

Your own link says this is a facility dating from the 1950's. Hardly some new development worthy of this level of paranoia.

ProlificARProspect
05-21-2012, 8:46 PM
My Brother,

If they are attacking our 2nd Amendment, that means we don't have our 1st amendment right to free speech. A uniformed man can't speak his opinion against the King and his lords, beware recently marines have lost for speaking out.

chris
05-21-2012, 8:47 PM
where is Semi Auto Sam when we need him here to talk about FEMA camps.

Tacit Blue
05-21-2012, 9:18 PM
Not this tinfoil hat "FEMA camps" nonsense. :TFH:

You realize you kill your own arguments, no matter how good they are, when you throw in wild and thoroughly debunked conspiracy theories.

Your own link says this is a facility dating from the 1950's. Hardly some new development worthy of this level of paranoia.

So how is this a conspiracy theory? I'm sorry it's hard to accept. While you may not think it's of importance, others might.

http://www.fema.gov/pdf/media/factsheets/2009/ncp_mtweather.pdf

RuskieShooter
05-21-2012, 9:44 PM
I believe gun restrictions are not being pushed to help stop crime but to keep the american people controllable. i believe it is because our government realizes americans are getting tired of the way it is being ran and the people are one bad protest away from starting a revolutionary war again!

You give them a lot more credit than I do. Politicians only care about one thing; getting re-elected. States with a pro-gun population = pro-gun politicians. States with anti-gun populations = anti-gun politicians. If a politician suddenly realizes that his voting block has switched views,guess what? That politician has "seen the light" and immediately does a 180 on his views.

Currently the pendulum is swinging towards pro-gun, so no national politician is going to make any serious attempt to pass anti-gun legislation. The ones that do are only pandering to their constituency but realize that its not going anywhere.

-Ruskie

mbt
05-21-2012, 9:51 PM
OP, u r correct sir. Of course, that pretty obvious even though many think "politicians are just stupid" ... which makes no sense ... politicians are very conniving and self-interested. That's why they lie all the time and screw our rights, tax dollars, and future all the time. They will do everything to profit and benefit themselves, Demcrat and Republican alike (with a very few exceptions)

When the economy loses its last leg, post election, gas goes to $8+/gallon, everything (food, clothing, consumables) gets agonizingly more expensive, no new manufacturing jobs in sight, students have $50,000+ debt with no jobs, people take to the streets to protest the economic disaster of "free trade" (sending US jobs to 3rd world nations), things will get ugly.

That's when the FEMA camps will save the day. The "people" will be rounded up and placed there indefinitely courtesy of NDAA. Yes, it is now legal to "disappear" people forever or "indefinitely" if you prefer that term.

And Sorry, we don't elect politicians, the system just perpetuates itself with barely different choices (A or B, not C definitely not C). And any one really different is constantly labeled a "crazy" in the (TV, papers, radio) media and his winning primary districts are disqualified for no good reason. ANd we are told to vote for the lesser evil. And things get worse. ANd then we are told to vote for the lesser evil again and things get worse again. And we are told its our fault for voting for these people. Give me a break. Grow up. Where do u think u r living? A democracy???

Did u remember the bank bailouts? All the people wrote, called, emailed their politicians to say "no", and the politicians paused for a few days, and then they bailed them out anyway. Estimated $20 Trillion+ of our tax dollars was given away to these CEOs. How is that representative government??? Sorry, Romney is not a savior. Look at his past record. He is for big government spending and gun/population control.

Remember, when Dems won the majority seats and they didn't impeach Bush/Cheney for lies and war crimes? I guarantee Repubs won't impeach Obama for his crimes and for Fast and Furious. This is a political power club. U (citizens) r not in it. No matter how hard u preach "go Romney anyone but Obama,, lesser of 2 evils" they don't care about u. What can u possibly give a politician that he cannot already obtain by his lobbyists?

Quit watching MSNBC,CNN, FOX, etc. That is all pro-establishment propaganda. I mean look at MSNBC preaching no recession for the last decade. U still believe in "unbiased" media??? Grow up. Wake up. Or shut up while u get ur daily 1 bowl of soup in your regional FEMA camp.

M1A Rifleman
05-22-2012, 11:52 AM
The control idea may be appealing to some of the more hardcore, but I doubt this is the reason for the majority.

Its more like those that don't like guns don't want anyone else to have them either.

The other reason I would reckon that gets em sick is the idea that someone with a gun will not be a victim, and therefore, is not equal to everyone else that does not have a gun.

elSquid
05-22-2012, 12:08 PM
It's fashionable to blame politicians. But politicians are interested in getting elected and re-elected. So what it really comes down to is our neighbors, the people in our communities, the people in our towns, the people we work with, the people we see at the mall, etc. If enough of our neighbors, enough of the people in our communities, enough of the people in our towns, enough of the people we work with, enough of the people we see at the mall, etc., don't like guns, and don't trust the rest of us with them, politicians who take anti-gun stands can get elected and re-elected (and bureaucrats who take anti-gun stands can keep their jobs).

That kind of thinking is way too reasonable and rational for this thread.

-- Michael

Wernher von Browning
05-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Found it here: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205325852760988838124.00045bc25ee928a8872d 0&msa=0&ll=39.774769,-90.966797&spn=51.135854,79.013672

A quick probe shows a high level of tinfoilhattery there. They list the thing in Long Beach as

Terminal Island, CA
Last Updated by Todd on Nov 15, 2008
(Long Beach) located next to naval shipyards operated by ChiCom shipping interests. Federal prison facility located here. Possible deportation point.

Uhhh... no. No "Chicom shipping interests" run the port. Congress put a stop to that right quick when it came up. Ancient news.

HBrebel
05-22-2012, 12:52 PM
I believe gun restrictions are not being pushed to help stop crime but to keep the american people controllable. the government knows if they were to take away guns only criminals would have them they know adding more and more restrictions puts our lives in more danger so why would our government push to add so many unnecessary restrictions? i believe it is because our government realizes americans are getting tired of the way it is being ran and the people are one bad protest away from starting a revolutionary war again! this is why our government activated FEMA camps this is why they keep infringing on our rights to bear arms. it is all common sense well at least in my head it is!:mad: what are your thoughts?

I feel the same way

HBrebel
05-22-2012, 12:55 PM
I believe that as usual we're forgetting that we elect the government.

So we need to remember that part of the battle to keep and expand our gun rights needs to start with our neighbors, the people in our communities, the people in our towns, the people we work with, the people we see at the mall, etc. We need to engage and include as many of them as we can.

So let's each of us ask ourselves what we are doing to be good ambassadors for guns and gun rights and to win over our neighbors, the people in our communities, the people in our towns, the people we work with, the people we see at the mall, etc., to our points of view.

excellent way to put it.

HBrebel
05-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Has anyone seen Schaefer Cox on you tube discussing the Liberty Bell system they built in alaska? That would be a great idea to work on in your own community. Everybody in the network is on everybody else's speed dial and an automated or human operated system alerts the others that one of us is in trouble.

NYsteveZ
05-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Here are some quotes and proven reason from history- Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. - L. Neil Smith

Gun control? Its the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. I?m a bad guy; I?m always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and Ill pull the trigger. We'll see who wins. - Sammy The Bull Gravano, whose testimony convicted John Gotti.

Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith and Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed. - Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, President Black Police Caucus, Special Assistant to Washington, D.C. Police Chief

I am convinced that we can do to guns what we've done to drugs: create a multi-billion dollar underground market over which we have absolutely no control. - George L. Roman

They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here? - Paul Harvey, 1994

This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! - Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

Gun registration is a gateway drug. - Mark Gilmore

Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority. Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew's possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation. Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions will be punished with imprisonment and a fine. - Nazi Law (Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons), 1938

Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest. -Mahatma Gandhi, in Gandhi, An Autobiography, p. 446

He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. - Luke 22:36 (King James Version)

Suppose the Second amendment said A well-educated electorate being necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed. Is there anyone who would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read? - Robert Levy, Georgetown University Professor

We should not blame a gun itself for any crime or any acts of violence, any more than we can blame a pen for misspelling a word. - Senator Bennett (R-UT), Congressional Record, 5/16/68

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government. - Thomas Paine (1737-1809), American Revolutionary, US Founding Father and Author

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President of the United States

CBruce
05-22-2012, 1:06 PM

:TFH:

No. It's really simple. It's acting out of fear and ignorance.

We're inandated with TV and film showing guns being used by bad guys. Being used to commite crime, being used to kill innocent people. The average non-gun owner thinks the 2A is quaint and antiquated. Why do we need the ability to fight a revolution in a Democratic government? Why does the average citizen need to own a gun at all, much less the type of gun that the criminals and terrorists on TV have. It's up to the military to protect us. They're the only ones who need guns.

People have no idea how many guns are already out there. They think the rest of the country is like them and has no guns. Only the wacko fundies have guns and they're as likely to go ballistic one day and start shooting up a school because they opted to relabel "Christmas" as "Holidays".

The average person is afraid of guns and equates them with crime and murder. It's really that simple. They do not fully grasp what the 2A is for or why it's as crucial for the preservation of our liberty and democracy as the 1st ammendment and right to vote. Politicians either believe this themselves, or they simply see it as a lever that they can work to get more money/votes.

I really don't see anything more insidious than that. A lot of bad policy made out of ignorance, short-sightendess, or fear. Government is still of the people, by the people. It's us, the people, that are the real problem.

And FYI, speaking as someone who only recently became a gun-owner and supporter of 2A rights, saying **** like 'It's a government ploy to disarm Americans so they can move us all into concentration camps' or 'we're on the cusp of a revolution' is exactly the kind of **** that makes the masses so wary of gun-owners and supporters.

Deadbolt
05-22-2012, 1:16 PM
I think we could also remind ourselves of one simple suggestion : Do not assume malice where pure, unadulterated naivety and stupidity will suffice.

Coming from an anti-gun home and being familiar with many others - the common thread is lack of understanding "the necessity for" firearms and that is usually followed by a "why couldn't a simple discussion suffice?"

Like all things - a venn diagram can and does apply. There are absolutely some individuals whom harbor maligned intents and conversely many who think their reasons for <whatever it may be> are justified and these "circles" will overlap at some point.

Just as there are really, extraordinary examples of gun owners that are irresponsible (come with me to a BLM range clean up, I have proof) - there too may be officials who have in their minds some bizarre control / totalitarian tilt that drives them.

Ultimately its the vast, watered down, majority of either polar opposites described above that represent the "factions" as you would, of pro 2a and anti 2a. Fears of the aforementioned polar opposites drive many to staunchly defend their own beliefs even while neither hold them as extreme as those they fear.

But thats the nature of things, and it would behoove all of us to find faith in common man and deal with each other with compassion and make an honest attempt to reasonably engage in debate when necessary and be good neighbors otherwise to each other.

Not doing so will only further spur rumors, fear and deceit.

and thats probably the only non-tongue in cheek post ive had in months :43:

nocomply25
05-22-2012, 1:46 PM
[QUOTE=CBruce;8624805]:TFH:

And FYI, speaking as someone who only recently became a gun-owner and supporter of 2A rights, saying **** like 'It's a government ploy to disarm Americans so they can move us all into concentration camps' or 'we're on the cusp of a revolution' is exactly the kind of **** that makes the masses so wary of gun-owners and supporters.[/QUOTE

I come from the middle east so for me this is just makes sense. I do not understand what else the government needs to do to prove to american people that they do not care about you at all...see in the middle east we know this, no one in power cares about us. That movie the dictator said it best...we already are under a dictatorship.

BretByron
05-22-2012, 1:50 PM
It seems to me that you would want high cap mags and 50 BMG's to defend major coastlines. But that is another theory.

As for the theory @ hand, "New Orleans" was disturbing to say the least and as for their Fema Camp, I'm not sure if that one was pre-existing or not. Either way, they can be setup overnight and trying to figure out why they are there and what they are going to be used for seems to be pointless or a distraction to me.

stix213
05-22-2012, 2:06 PM
So how is this a conspiracy theory? I'm sorry it's hard to accept. While you may not think it's of importance, others might.

http://www.fema.gov/pdf/media/factsheets/2009/ncp_mtweather.pdf

Having an operations center is completely different than FEMA prison camps, that's how.

Tacit Blue
05-22-2012, 2:33 PM
Having an operations center is completely different than FEMA prison camps, that's how.

You see your looking at from a perspective of black n' white thinking. If they already have contingency plans to relocate government, what makes you think they don't have another measure to control citizens to reestablish order?

Domin8r
05-22-2012, 3:35 PM
Government in whatever form is made up of imperfect people. Those seeking political office are generally as flawed, if not more so, than the rest of us.
The United States has more people in Prison or Jail per capita than the majority of Countries in the world, yet we consider ourselves free. Every year politicians create hundreds of new laws further restricting our liberties. Politicians view creating a new law as part of their legacy. Government has historically created problems domestically and internationally that makes the "people" afraid of something. When people are afraid they want to be made to feel secure. The Government steps in with "AID" "Initiatives" and "Programs" which they promote to make us feel more secure. Government gets larger and costs us more in TAXES. Yet we aquiesce so we can be safe.
It's strange though how those in Power will tell us we are free while secretly and openly attempting to further restrict and take away our constitutionally protected right to bear arms.
Yet these same individuals push for "Gay" marriage. Marriage by definition is between a man and a woman. New dictionaries offer a modern modified additional definition of "Gay" Marriage. Marriage is generally a religious ceremony in nature. I'm not promoting any fewer or lesser rights for unions of whatever sex, but it doesn't make it marriage.
Those same politicians who attack our constitutionally protected rights under the 2nd Amendmant are frequently pro-choice... pro abortion. They state anti gun law rhetoric as saving lives and reducing crime. While only 30 percent (approximately 9000 annually)of murders, the "CRIMINAL" act of intentionally killing another human being are committed by use of some form of gun. Yet over 1,200,000 annual deaths by way of abortion are considered acceptable.
Doctors kill approximately 100,000 people every year from mistakes in procedure or diagnosis. More than murdered with guns.
Nearly 11,000 people are killed annually due to DUI. More than murdered with guns.
Those politicians that support "tolerance" of these alternate views seem to have no tolerance for the Second Amendmant. How can this be so in this day and age?
As stated by others, we must be advocates and ambassadors for guaranteed rights as Americans. Our gun groups need to work together in repeated and continued education of accurate information as it relates to guns. The Second Amendmant is as integral to our way of life as the First Amendmant. There is a reason our founding fathers listed these rights as #1 and #2.
Be wary of anyone trying to remove your rights regardless of the claimed basis for their reasoning.

USMCforLIFE
05-22-2012, 4:10 PM
My Brother,

If they are attacking our 2nd Amendment, that means we don't have our 1st amendment right to free speech. A uniformed man can't speak his opinion against the King and his lords, beware recently marines have lost for speaking out.

I know gary stine is actually a good friend of mine lol