View Full Version : Legal Question about release of firearms

05-21-2012, 4:46 PM
So I was falsely placed under a 51-50 almost a year ago, I appealed it and won. I sent in 2 separate LEGR Forms and both were denied saying I was NOT ELIGIBLE... Ive called the Superior Court and as they so rudely stated they have NOTHING to do with me actually getting my guns back... they ONLY deal with me getting the RIGHT to have firearms... So I tried calling the SDPD and they have no record of anything having to do with me or my case... I called the SDPD Gun Desk and they do still have my guns, but according to their system Im still not allowed to have em... What do I do now? I cant afford an attorney either...

05-21-2012, 4:52 PM

05-21-2012, 4:55 PM
The Hotline is for emergencies. Please see this: http://calgunsfoundation.org/component/content/article/1-news/213-report-a-problem-with-california-dept-of-justice-doj.html

05-21-2012, 10:36 PM
First thing, send a registered letter to the PD property custodian informing them that your eligibility status has changed and that as soon as you can get the supporting documentation, you intend to recover your property. This puts them on notice so they won't think the property is abandoned and destroy it.

I suggest you follow Wildhawkers advice and contact the CalGuns Foundation for assistance. You will need certified copies of your 5150 adjudication to send to DOJ. Until they get that, you will not get a clear LEGR. Without the LEGR, the police department can not give you your property back, because of the way the laws are written. They have no choice in the matter.

Good luck