PDA

View Full Version : SHTF, Bullet Button Ban Firearm WTB Wantlist!!!

DavidR310
05-21-2012, 3:18 PM
Ok, so with the possible ban, what are you running out to go buy before the bill passes?

As for myself:

Mega ambi lower x2
LW15 polymer lower x1
AR15 pistol lower x1

Paper Boy
05-21-2012, 3:21 PM
Nothing...:shrug:

wooger
05-21-2012, 3:22 PM
You are kidding, right?

Yugo
05-21-2012, 3:23 PM
There is no ban coming. :facepalm:

QuarterBoreGunner
05-21-2012, 3:23 PM
Seriously?

Well if you need and excuse to go buy something... well then go for it.

IntoForever
05-21-2012, 3:28 PM
I'm going to go buy carbon credits and a large onion rings. :TFH:

b.faust
05-21-2012, 3:30 PM
How about you buy 2 of those, take the money for the third and donate it to CGF to fight this stuff.
Bonus: You get to write it off your taxes.

Wallabing
05-21-2012, 3:31 PM
I'm gonna try and get as many WASR 10's that I can find.

Exile Machine
05-21-2012, 3:32 PM
For those who think the Bullet Button ban is coming, we have $9.99 CA-Legal AR-15 Hammerhead grips to build your featureless gun... Your choice, Brown (https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/exile-machine-hammerhead-ar-15-grip-brown-48419.html) or Hunter Green (https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/exile-machine-hammerhead-ar-15-grip-hunter-green-48417.html). Price includes free shipping.

For those who don't think the ban is coming, we've got genuine Assault Planet Bullet Button (https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=609) magazine locks priced too low to advertise. These also ship free.

We don't think the currently proposed ban will get very far. In fact just the opposite, we're betting on Richards v Harris to ultimately strike down the features ban.

Capybara
05-21-2012, 3:35 PM
Are there going to be or do you have Hammerhead grips in black?

zfields
05-21-2012, 3:36 PM
Ill be doing 100% legal parking lot transactions all day long if this passes, just out of spite.

Enjoy CA guys!

pacifico23
Honestly I may go buy a lower....

Im gonna wait and read what the bill says tomororw. But not gonna lie I am going to call my local store and see if they have any in.

Black Majik
Deja Vu.

I already went through this at the end of 2005. No thanks. :twoweeks:

Exile Machine
Are there going to be or do you have Hammerhead grips in black?

Yes, we have them in black too... But not at the Brown and Hunter Green prices...
https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/exile-machine-hammerhead-ar-15-grip-black-1.html

Meety Peety
05-21-2012, 3:49 PM
For those who think the Bullet Button ban is coming, we have..

For those who don't think the ban is coming, we've got..
Haha, I like your style sir.

DavidR310
05-21-2012, 4:01 PM
I'm going to go buy carbon credits and a large onion rings. :TFH:

Mmmmmmm.....and some bacon.

DavidR310
05-21-2012, 4:04 PM
Honestly I may go buy a lower....

Im gonna wait and read what the bill says tomororw. But not gonna lie I am going to call my local store and see if they have any in.

Yeah your better off waiting and buying something until tomorrow. Your gonna need something to lift your spirits after tonight's game.
:D

DavidR310
05-21-2012, 4:06 PM
Ill be doing 100% legal parking lot transactions all day long if this passes, just out of spite.

Enjoy CA guys!

I envy you. I am sooo close to moving out!

@FAUST: you are correct sir. I have donated in the past and now would be a good time to do so again.

chunker
05-21-2012, 4:09 PM
I can always use an excuse to buy some more guns...=) That said I'm not looking forward to tonight's game at all.../=

bohoki
05-21-2012, 4:11 PM
how would the law be written ? without having an effect on the sks

DavidR310
05-21-2012, 4:12 PM
We will find out tomorrow.

If we keept talking about 2A stuff, Librarian may ban me.

MrPlink
05-21-2012, 4:47 PM
Deja Vu.

I already went through this at the end of 2005. No thanks. :twoweeks:

you have to keep in mind the average member here is not familiar with the cyclical nature of gun scares.

USMCforLIFE
05-21-2012, 4:55 PM
glad i can say o well 11 months left in this state and back to South Dakota the land of no GUN LAWS!

MrPlink
05-21-2012, 4:58 PM
I know what is on my wish list!

I wish the :TFH: mentality of gun culture would fade away forever!

land of no GUN LAWS!

the BATFE may take issue with that

NorCalK9.com
05-21-2012, 5:04 PM
Im buying stuff multiple times a month. But not cause of this crap but cause of the 2014 reg on long guns in ca

MrPlink
05-21-2012, 5:05 PM
Im buying stuff multiple times a month. But not cause of this crap but cause of the 2014 reg on long guns in ca

stop being logical :p

USMCforLIFE
05-21-2012, 5:29 PM
the BATFE may take issue with that

i am defiantly not worried about that!

MrPlink
05-21-2012, 5:34 PM
i am defiantly not worried about that!

yeah yeah yeah.... Im just jelly so I had to say something :D

TNP'R
05-21-2012, 5:36 PM
Not buying anything.

gl0ckc0ma
05-21-2012, 5:47 PM
Man I hope this stupid bill doesnt pas. I know i will probably get flamed for this, but featureless AR's are ****en ugly!!

EvolutionGSR
05-21-2012, 6:13 PM
Well, if they are going to ban bullet buttons, I guess I'll go out and buy some bullet buttons.

Travis590A1
05-21-2012, 6:34 PM
Someone find me a sgl21 and a m&p 15 stat!

MrPlink
05-21-2012, 6:39 PM
Are Raddlocks banned too? :p

bomb_on_bus
05-21-2012, 6:43 PM
LOL what did I miss?

Infantry H2
05-21-2012, 6:49 PM
Ya what law is this?

MrPlink
05-21-2012, 7:12 PM
LOL what did I miss?

just wait 2 weeks :D

(supposed /to be proposed bill to ban even maglocked EBRs etc etc, check 2A forum)

USMCforLIFE
05-21-2012, 7:18 PM
it wont happen its just another scare

icenix
05-21-2012, 7:20 PM

I keep hearing about that, and I have read the regs, but as someone who has only gotten back into shooting in the past several months, can someone go into some detail on what exactly is going to change, as I am still not exactly sure how the regs will really make a change.

Sorry if that is a dumb question.

gotshotgun?
05-21-2012, 7:22 PM
I keep hearing about that, and I have read the regs, but as someone who has only gotten back into shooting in the past several months, can someone go into some detail on what exactly is going to change, as I am still not exactly sure how the regs will really make a change.

Sorry if that is a dumb question.

Your longguns will have to be registered with the state. New purchases/transfers only.

4DMASTR
05-21-2012, 7:28 PM
Jailed a lower Friday just cause I wanted one. Glad I did now as I assume there will be a big run on them now...

smittty
05-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Canada has had a long gun registration for about 15 years and are now getting rid of it. Something to do with spending billions of dollars on the program but it didn't reduce number of crimes involving a gun.

But we have lots of money here in cali for programs that don't work!

Capybara
05-22-2012, 6:40 AM
That's what pisses me off. My wife is a teacher, I am friends with a local sheriff and a high ranking CHP and I get to hear, firsthand, what all of the lack of funds is doing to California. Our infrastructure in crumbling, our society is breaking down and then we have self-serving ne'er do wells like Senator Yee who want to use this ridiculousness for personal gain. It is truly pathetic.

peter95
05-22-2012, 6:51 AM
What ban? There will never be a firearm ban. Do you know how much money CA generates from Firearm sales each year?

rogervzv
05-22-2012, 6:55 AM
That's what pisses me off. My wife is a teacher, I am friends with a local sheriff and a high ranking CHP and I get to hear, firsthand, what all of the lack of funds is doing to California. Our infrastructure in crumbling, our society is breaking down and then we have self-serving ne'er do wells like Senator Yee who want to use this ridiculousness for personal gain. It is truly pathetic.

Why is our political strength so slight that we cannot get jerks like Yee voted out?

At the end of the day whether or not the state registers long guns makes no real difference that I can see, unless the cops start going house to house to confiscate our guns like they did in Louisiana during Katrina. (Or whatever they did; I know they were trying to confiscate guns there. Not sure of the details.)

tenpercentfirearms
05-22-2012, 7:18 AM
Get your guns now while you still can. :p

NYsteveZ
05-22-2012, 7:32 AM
Get your guns now while you still can. :p

Spoken like a true salesman :D The antis arent going to be happy untill all of the shelves are void of guns and in the hands of citizens. That is all these scares/bans do.

paratroop
05-22-2012, 7:35 AM
Dear EXILEMACHINE,
Thanks alot for not having that deal when I was building my last featureless. I could have saved a few bucks. I also could have used a different color, as I am always up for something unique. I think brown would have looked awesome with my build. Anyways, thanks for being so awesome to those of us in california. I love your grip. But one day I will leave california and I hate to say it I will ditch the hammerhead. It will not go in the trash however, I will pass it along to another gunner, preferably one who is not a believer of the featureless yet. thanks!

oldrifle
05-22-2012, 7:45 AM
This bill is about banning the bullet button, not the entire AR-15 rifle. To ban a rifle such as the AR-15 would be damn near impossible, especially considering how many are already in the state. The only way I could see them doing it is if they gave us a path towards registering our bullet button ARs as AWs, which means we could remove our BBs. I don't think they're going to do that. Instead they will probably just attempt to ban all magazine locking devices from future sale, which means if you're going to stock up on anything, stock up on those.

Exile Machine
05-22-2012, 8:03 AM
Dear EXILEMACHINE,
Thanks alot for not having that deal when I was building my last featureless. I could have saved a few bucks. I also could have used a different color, as I am always up for something unique. I think brown would have looked awesome with my build. Anyways, thanks for being so awesome to those of us in california. I love your grip. But one day I will leave california and I hate to say it I will ditch the hammerhead. It will not go in the trash however, I will pass it along to another gunner, preferably one who is not a believer of the featureless yet. thanks!

Sorry you missed out on the deal. At Exile Machine we make business blunders all the time so even though you missed out on this one, you could catch us next time we do something bone-headed and have to dump the evidence mistakes below cost. :43:

When you cross the border, don't ditch your Hammerhead, they do have uses in free America. We sell boatloads of 'em to paintballers who use them to convert their paintball pistols to paintball rifles:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=150992&stc=1&d=1337701894

And there is a growing contingent of free state shooters who simply prefer a more traditional rifle hold on their AR. At home we use one as a garage parking indicator. Wife had me tie a blemished unit to a string and suspend it from the ceiling of the garage. She just lines up and pulls the van in until the Hammerhead contacts the windshield directly behind the rearview mirror. Works every time. I've used some as emergency wheel chocks when changing a flat. I'm sure there are other uses too.

-Mark

loosewreck
05-22-2012, 8:11 AM
you have to keep in mind the average member here is not familiar with the cyclical nature of gun scares.

So true man.

I know what is on my wish list!

I wish the :TFH: mentality of gun culture would fade away forever!

Seriously, I'm so F___ING tired of it too.

bohoki
05-22-2012, 8:53 AM
i'd love to see the wording of it that doesn't harm innocent sks owners

lagann
05-22-2012, 11:42 AM
If I bought a firearm/parts every time there is a anti gun legislation in CA or US....I would be living in the street as the most heavily armed homeless ever.

Your money is better placed at CGF to fight these ridiculous laws and get our rights back!

tacticalcity
05-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Ok, so with the possible ban, what are you running out to go buy before the bill passes?

As for myself:

Mega ambi lower x2
LW15 polymer lower x1
AR15 pistol lower x1

Before the bill passes? It has not even been written yet and has a snowballs chance in hell of passing. If it were to pass it will take at least a year to go into effect. So I would only stock up AFTER the bill passes but BEFORE it goes into effect. EVen then maybe not since the courts will likely toss it and SB23 if we can get it infront of them.

I'd probably stock up on AR lowers in both 5.56/Multical and 308. I'm planning on buying house this coming December and won't have a lot of free cash to spend on expensive platforms or completed rifles. Not if I want to buy in bulk. Buying and fixing up the house is going to be sucking up all my cash.

tba02
05-22-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm not buying a darn thing. I'm saving up so that I can buy all the "banned" bullet buttons (cheap - as they are useless) and have ammo for my Assault Rubber Band :stuart:

bruss01
05-22-2012, 12:28 PM

As for myself:

Mega ambi lower x2
LW15 polymer lower x1
AR15 pistol lower x1

Sounds like someone thinks existing AR receivers will be grandfathered once the BB ban takes effect.

I'd like to know why you think that would be guaranteed. If they're going so far as to eliminate bullet buttons, what makes you think that keeping AR's with zero features will be allowed either? And that they won't just declare an amnesty period to turn them in?

Personally I think this BB ban will never see the light of day. But stranger things have happened. My backup plan is the three SKS rifles who have truly fixed magazines. And my backup plan for that is the two lever-guns and a pump-action carbine sitting in the safe.

tacticalcity
05-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Sounds like someone thinks existing AR receivers will be grandfathered once the BB ban takes effect.

I'd like to know why you think that would be guaranteed. If they're going so far as to eliminate bullet buttons, what makes you think that keeping AR's with zero features will be allowed either? And that they won't just declare an amnesty period to turn them in?

Personally I think this BB ban will never see the light of day. But stranger things have happened. My backup plan is the three SKS rifles who have truly fixed magazines. And my backup plan for that is the two lever-guns and a pump-action carbine sitting in the safe.

If they got rid of featureless as well they would need some sort of registratrion process at a bare minimum to withstand the constitutional challenge. Ex post facto laws do not stand up to constitutional challenges in court.

The SKS law is the exception and not the rule. Few people if any gave a crap about the SKS besides those who owned one. Plus the SKS ban does allow fixed magazine SKS if I am not mistaken. Seen them in the gun shops. The lack of manufacturers making SKS is what allowed that ex post facto law to go unchallenged. Not enough money at stake.

It's not easy to get these laws before a higher court, and the process is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. So the economic interest has to be there to fund to the effort. That or somebody with deap pockets has to find himself in cuffs and with a DA that won't cut him a deal - the later being unlike with an ex post facto law involved. However, when you do get these cases before a judge ex post factor laws get knocked down easily. Constitution strickly forbids them. Those that are still on the books are the ones that just haven't been challenged in court yet.

The biggest favor they could do us is to make it an outright ban on them and not include a registration process. Would make it all that much easier to knock down in court. And unlike the SKS, this will find its way before a judge. Way too much money at stake for the industry to let it go unchallenged.

CSI304
05-22-2012, 12:50 PM
If there is going to be a ban on the bullet button, I suggest that you should buy something from me.. check my Craigslist listings of non-ar15 related items. I got a few kitchen sinks and used tires.

MrPlink
05-22-2012, 1:55 PM
What ban? There will never be a firearm ban. Do you know how much money CA generates from Firearm sales each year?

Do you know how many votes are generated by pretending to be "tough on crime" ?