View Full Version : Senator Yee is on facebook

uxo2
05-21-2012, 2:01 PM
...Leave him a message
and spread the word

Iggy
05-21-2012, 2:10 PM
From bwiese:

I would appreciate folks NOT elevating the drama on this matter - in particular, attacks on Yee.

I won't go into detail, but please try to understand the term Odd Duck.

Also please understand we want to be thrown into the right Briar Patch

G60
05-21-2012, 2:13 PM
Thank you Iggy, was just about to post the same thing. I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears though.

taperxz
05-21-2012, 2:18 PM
There is nothing wrong with noting your displeasure about his political stance! There is no need to be silent, silence is a BAD thing. What you don't want to do is act like a douche when you question his motives, bills or political stance.

Just be a "concerned citizen"

RazzB7
05-21-2012, 2:21 PM
This will degenerate to juvenile attacks for everyone to see on Facebook. Remember the internet is written in ink, not pencil.

IPSICK
05-21-2012, 2:22 PM
Just leave out the details, right taperxz? Like the ones you left over the phone with his staffer.

taperxz
05-21-2012, 2:26 PM
Just leave out the details, right taperxz? Like the ones you left over the phone with his staffer.

I'm talking about personal attacks. I was articulate in the way i conveyed my message to the staffer.

uxo2
05-21-2012, 2:30 PM
He is a Senator.......Make stupid comments and the Feds show up.

taperxz
05-21-2012, 2:32 PM
He is a Senator.......Make stupid comments and the Feds show up.

He is a State Senator, He represents San Francisco and San Mateo counties in the state senate.

yakmon
05-21-2012, 2:34 PM
Is it OK if call him a ******* *********** communist alleged criminal hypocrite douche nozzle here though?

Iggy
05-21-2012, 3:28 PM
You guys need to chill out and do some more reading.

It's not about being silent or not voicing an opinion. We need to wait and see what he is proposing and from what everyone is alluding to, it's not going to be easy for HIM.

Patience is a virtue.

Capybara
05-21-2012, 3:59 PM
I have noticed that many Calgunners understand the meaning of the terms, "strategy" "long game", "planning for the win" "winning the war", but quite a few do not. I listen to what the esteemed Calgun lawyers/leaders/strategists say to do, they are much more informed about how to win the war than I am. Social media has a dark side and it will be manifested on the Senator's FB page.

ICONIC
05-21-2012, 4:03 PM
Anyone can make an unnecessary personal attack on Sen. Yee. What we need to do is to educate the man. All of us are angry, upset, and fearful over the possibility of losing a right. But we should not react in fear, instead respond with the truth and facts.

If we continue to post hateful things on his Fb and other sites, it will just play into the media's hands that gun owners are aggressive and paranoid. I think we should sponsor an event where we take Sen. Yee shooting and have him shoot an AR-15 with a bullet button. Let him see the truth.

five.five-six
05-21-2012, 4:04 PM
Is it OK if call him a ******* *********** communist alleged criminal hypocrite douche nozzle here though?

what's that I hear off in the distance?

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/banhammer.jpg

ewarmour
05-21-2012, 4:27 PM
It's not about being silent or not voicing an opinion. We need to wait and see what he is proposing...

^ This

rodeoflyer
05-21-2012, 4:46 PM
Lock?

choprzrul
05-21-2012, 4:58 PM
Lock?

....and make it go away....

alfred1222
05-21-2012, 5:03 PM

It's not about being silent or not voicing an opinion. We need to wait and see what he is proposing and from what everyone is alluding to, it's not going to be easy for HIM.

Patience is a virtue.

At least Someone's talking rational

email
05-21-2012, 5:04 PM
I haven't read his proposed legislation yet. This could work against them.

I'm reserving judgement until the reason for his grandstanding is a little more clear.

Segway....<----LOL

five.five-six
05-21-2012, 5:15 PM
Perhaps link this to his FB page?

tSPrHl_6bO4

Swiss
05-21-2012, 5:18 PM
Instead of bashing Yee on Facebook how about using FB to spread the word that a semi-auto rifle ban is being attempted and encourage your friends to donate to CGF to fight for our 2A rights in Sacramento.

Post the following link in your FB post: https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=calgunsfnd&id=1

That said, maybe we could purchase the following shirt for the entire Democratic caucus:

http://www.endoapparel.com/wp-content/themes/thesis_18/custom/images/products-page/California-Flag-RKBA-Infringed-Shirt-Thumb.png

NYsteveZ
05-21-2012, 6:30 PM
Im with the stay calm crowd. The bill isnt written yet, and worse yet, making comments on his FB page wont end well. Thats ALL we need is to have nasty comments or even concerns left by a very small percentage with their AR as their profile picture. You will also be feeding the Brady Bunch ammo, and even worse, FB works both ways and the Antis will have YOUR info too. That said, a (professional) email, letter or phone call wont harm anyone.
I also like the idea of getting him to a range to teach him about our passion, but good luck. That would be like getting a dentist to visit Wonkas chocolate factory.

lilro
05-21-2012, 7:24 PM
What we need to do is to educate the man.

I disagree. All educating a career politician does is make sure they cover all their bases when writing new anti-gun laws. If we would've let them stay dumb and ban "clips" instead of telling them they are called magazines, we may have been able to purchase 30 rounders for a while. If they banned "the shoulder thing that goes up" instead of barrel shrouds, there'd be no restrictions on those. The barrel is very far from the shoulder. Their job is to make more laws. Meaning make what's legal, illegal. The more legal stuff you make them aware of, the easier it becomes for them to make it illegal.

Sure those are unlikely, extreme examples, but you get my point right?

yakmon
05-21-2012, 7:44 PM
Im with the stay calm crowd. The bill isnt written yet, and worse yet, making comments on his FB page wont end well. Thats ALL we need is to have nasty comments or even concerns left by a very small percentage with their AR as their profile picture. You will also be feeding the Brady Bunch ammo, and even worse, FB works both ways and the Antis will have YOUR info too. That said, a (professional) email, letter or phone call wont harm anyone.
I also like the idea of getting him to a range to teach him about our passion, but good luck. That would be like getting a dentist to visit Wonkas chocolate factory.

It dont matter what you say on his fb anyway it will be deleted within minutes. I bet its as well moderated as the Brady fb.

Nitro Express!
05-21-2012, 9:55 PM
I took a look at his page. It's starting to get personal. People should really try to just calm down.

DarkSoul
05-22-2012, 5:06 PM
I agree, some of the posts are very counter productive, and will most likely just land several posters on the fed watch list :rolleyes:.

J.S.Riesch
05-22-2012, 5:55 PM
I took a look at his page. It's starting to get personal. People should really try to just calm down.

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p485/jsreisch/tysonreaction.gif

southernsnowshoe
05-22-2012, 7:08 PM
Remember the internet is written in ink, not pencil.

So are the words "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

BigDogatPlay
05-22-2012, 7:35 PM

Patience is a virtue.

^^^ This.... all of it ^^^

There is no good that can come with cyberstalking Yee's Facebook, spamming his office e-mail and bombarding his staffers with phone calls. Not at this point.

You got nothing to worry about. I'm on the mother ****er. Go in there and chill them Calgunners out. I'll be calling Hoffman and Weise who will be there directly.

Sin,

http://st-listas.20minutos.es/images/2010-09/253256/2677684_249px.jpg?1284584357

Manolito
05-22-2012, 7:55 PM
I don't have a facebook account so I guess I will have to do as advised and wait and see what happens.

Personmans
05-22-2012, 7:57 PM
^^^ This.... all of it ^^^

There is no good that can come with cyberstalking Yee's Facebook, spamming his office e-mail and bombarding his staffers with phone calls. Not at this point.

Thank you for that reference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv-A5uGgQYw&feature=related#t=3m19s), made reading this thread more fun.

And if you're reading this now, add my name to the list of people urging you to please keep calm. Attacking anyone on facebook just lends itself to a negative view and we don't want that.
Lets just wait for now.