ThePerfectExposure
05-21-2012, 2:59 PM
http://fatlace.com/lacedup/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AR_4.jpg

http://fatlace.com/lacedup/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AR_5.jpg

http://fatlace.com/lacedup/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/magic_ill_5.jpg

http://fatlace.com/lacedup/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/magic_ill_6.jpg

http://fatlace.com/lacedup/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/magic_ill_7-620x414.jpg

Video http://vimeo.com/40175647

http://www.phase5tactical.com/news/february-14th-2012-illest-phase-5-pdw-personal-defense-weapon-

gun toting monkeyboy
05-21-2012, 3:07 PM
Oh gawd! My eyes! It burns, it burns!!!!

jkonquer
05-21-2012, 3:09 PM
Lol illest now gettig into guns?! They are everywhere

MUKAK
05-21-2012, 3:10 PM
L O L

G60
05-21-2012, 3:11 PM
They just jump on every trend that comes around, don't they?

deadcoyote
05-21-2012, 3:12 PM
Is this a joke or is this real?? I'm confused, from the hills and this doesn't make sense.:confused:

Arkangel
05-21-2012, 3:15 PM
Dear God.....

deviljon
05-21-2012, 3:16 PM
ummm... :no:

:facepalm:

If I were Phase 5 Tactical I would NOT put my company name anywhere on that thing.

SoCalSig1911
05-21-2012, 3:18 PM
Next up... TV Johnny iced out AR's to match your grill..

LOL.

cabinetguy
05-21-2012, 3:20 PM
what is illest?

SNCaliber
05-21-2012, 3:22 PM
gaudy or not, people will buy it due to illest being so popular, its just more business for them

jkonquer
05-21-2012, 3:27 PM
Yeah its all marketing, i guess guns are new "hip"

TheThousands
05-21-2012, 3:33 PM
Ugly as sin.

deviljon
05-21-2012, 3:38 PM
Now we're going to have emo hipster kids at the ranges with AR pistols. Hopefully they are deterred by the speed bumps in the parking lots and get scared off with the first shot of a 5.56 round, wetting their skinny jeans and too embarrassed to return.

:)

Heavy_Grinder
05-21-2012, 3:40 PM
Don't know what everyone else is talking about, but these pistols look SiK. I especially like the chrome one. And BTW...."Haters always and forever gonna hate"

sffred
05-21-2012, 4:09 PM
Everyone has their own swag. Really c'mon, mega arms got bling? Plus everyone is entitled to do whatever design they want, it's really up the owner.

If u watch the vimeo plugin I like how the i in illest is the rear take down pin. But it's a lil' too polka dotty for me. Plus I bet the price is way too pricey

cabinetguy
05-21-2012, 4:12 PM
I would not that much bling on my ar, but who makes that muzzle device, that looks radical

Tank 57
05-21-2012, 4:13 PM
Not doing it for me.

triggs75
05-21-2012, 4:17 PM
Bling Bling!

xoutxkastx
05-21-2012, 4:18 PM
Fatlace/illest has their own style and wanted to put that on their AR, 1A right. I believe those are the main guys for fatlace. More power to them. It's basically Phase5 CQC pistol done up. Their limited edition one is in green. If that's how that guy likes his AR so be it. Kinda like a gold plated desert eagle. I think the Gold DE is very cool but not practical to shoot.

Arisaka
05-21-2012, 4:20 PM
What's up with the Bullet Button? Looks like a mag magnet.

Akers
05-21-2012, 4:22 PM
I think Ken and the Phase 5 guys did a great job. This isn't a tool meant to shoot at things, it is a tool meant to market.

calilivin
05-21-2012, 4:23 PM
I would not that much bling on my ar, but who makes that muzzle device, that looks radical

http://phase5tactical.com/products/ They got some pretty cool items on there.

Barbarossa
05-21-2012, 4:24 PM

I'd have to agree.. looks "off"

Arisaka
05-21-2012, 4:31 PM
Looks "illegal" if you ask me.

Capybara
05-21-2012, 4:44 PM
You guys aren't getting this, this is a very good thing if you think about it objectively. What could be better than West Coast drifter/import/skater culture coming into the gun world? I agree, the gun pictured looks a bit too blinged out for my taste but this a very good thing because it means we are getting an infusion of kids, younger people, women, it's all good. More Calgunners, more NRA members, more voters, more gun rights people, I am totally thrilled about this. Could there be a better thing than gun culture in California becoming "the cool thing"? As long as they are safe, bring on all of the sk8r/emo kids you want, they are adding our power base, our political and cultural clout.

Would you rather be part of a secret, insular culture that is going to eventually be legislated away or part of a mass movement where guns/shooting sports become the norm? Gotta change with the times. How many Calgunners are over 40? 50? 60? How many are under 30? Let's swing that demographic scale back from "traditional gun owners" to "most people like guns/shooting culture. Kim Kardashian shooting sporting clays (I posted in shotguns a month ago). This. Lots more young people who want EBRs and cool handguns. It's all good and means that we may actually still have guns and gun rights twenty years from now.

MrPlink
05-21-2012, 4:44 PM
Do not want

p2rider426
05-21-2012, 5:02 PM

+1. That's all we need right now is to deal with asshats like these clowns showing off their illegally configured ARs to give the senator more fuel.

victorr
05-21-2012, 5:08 PM
You guys aren't getting this, this is a very good thing if you think about it objectively. What could be better than West Coast drifter/import/skater culture coming into the gun world? I agree, the gun pictured looks a bit too blinged out for my taste but this a very good thing because it means we are getting an infusion of kids, younger people, women, it's all good. More Calgunners, more NRA members, more voters, more gun rights people, I am totally thrilled about this. Could there be a better thing than gun culture in California becoming "the cool thing"? As long as they are safe, bring on all of the sk8r/emo kids you want, they are adding our power base, our political and cultural clout.

Would you rather be part of secret, insular culture that is going to eventually be legislated away or part of a mass movement where guns/shooting sports become the norm? Gotta change with the times. How many Calgunners are over 40? 50? 60? How many are under 30? Let's swing that demographic scale back from "traditional gun owners" to "most people like guns/shooting culture. Kim Kardashian shooting sporting clays (I posted in shotguns a month ago). This. Lots more young people who want EBRs and cool handguns. It's all good and means that we may actually still have guns and gun rights twenty years from now.

In an ideal world, you are right on and I'd be with you. Realistically though, I got muzzle swiped at Burro on Saturday while this illest-type tried to zero in a super expensive piece w/ an acog on top. Then, during cease fire, he had no idea how to leave the action open, etc. and when the RO asked him to do so, he proceeded to F with the dust cover, thinking this was what the RO was asking him to do. :(

MrPlink
05-21-2012, 5:11 PM
You guys aren't getting this, this is a very good thing if you think about it objectively. What could be better than West Coast drifter/import/skater culture coming into the gun world?

getting them to do it in a legal way for one!

I could not care less if they came out with a Justin Bieber edition ACR (that's right, I said ACR :43: ) just do not market it in an illegal guise.

Capybara
05-21-2012, 5:27 PM
In an ideal world, you are right on and I'd be with you. Realistically though, I got muzzle swiped at Burro on Saturday while this illest-type tried to zero in a super expensive piece w/ an acog on top. Then, during cease fire, he had no idea how to leave the action open, etc. and when the RO asked him to do so, he proceeded to F with the dust cover, thinking this was what the RO was asking him to do. :(

Yep, without safety and using your brain, you have no right to use a gun. Thats the challenge but I think that we can overcome that challenge.

Capybara
05-21-2012, 5:33 PM
getting them to do it in a legal way for one!

I could not care less if they came out with a Justin Bieber edition ACR (that's right, I said ACR :43: ) just do not market it in an illegal guise.

Do we know that gun pictured is in or was made in California? I see what you mean. Wouldn't it be good if we could replace the HSC with a Calguns certificate so these newbies wouldn't inadvertently commit felonies?

Exile Machine
05-21-2012, 5:35 PM
I like it, but it needs one of our gold-painted Hammerhead grips to be truly gaudy.

-Mark

Arisaka
05-21-2012, 5:41 PM
Well, the "business" is supposedly headquartered in LA. It has a Bullet Button. I think its safe to say that this is in California. With a damn *** Mag Magnet on it. Yee is gonna pee himself.

Exile Machine
05-21-2012, 5:43 PM

Looks to me more like the Prince50 Wonder Wrench just anodized a different color.
But yeah, not kosher to do that in CA.
-Mark

Slim///
05-21-2012, 5:43 PM
I stopped visiting car forums to get away from this crap. It's following me!

that guy
05-21-2012, 5:47 PM

It appears to have a bullet Button, they just have the "button" type tool installed in the picture.

If the button is not permanently installed, its only a sin, not illegal. And I don't think we should be discouraging the mainstreaming of the evil black rifle by spreading FUD.

I think it could come in a package, with tactical rhinestone encrusted goldfish filled platform boots. Think of the doomsday prepper tie-ins, rhinestone bullet buttons, hydration system, and Goldfish-ready-to eat, and it matches the bling AR. :hat: or maybe it could come with a really nice, pattern disruptive, wide brim hat...

MrPlink
05-21-2012, 5:52 PM
Do we know that gun pictured is in or was made in California?

Phase5 is in Roseville Ca, and illest is in SF and LA.

Unless they felt the need to go across state lines for a photo shoot.

Their pistol has inspired me though.

I think Im gonna go spray paint my AR pistol gold and then have it encrusted with rhinestones to say "DUMEST" (that is the cool way to spell it right?)

that guy
05-21-2012, 5:59 PM
I think Im gonna go spray paint my AR pistol gold and then have it encrusted with rhinestones to say "DUMEST" (that is the cool way to spell it right?)

Don't forget to stop by Pep Boys to get some shiny chrome letters for your lower...:auto:

MrPlink
05-21-2012, 6:01 PM
and for anybody who may have been part of "the scene" it is nice to see the old school ny sXe hardcore symbol compromised!

phamkl
05-21-2012, 6:28 PM
Yeah. Haters gon' hate for reals.

I'm sure back when it was common for a man to wear a firearm at his side, there were more than a few men who wore just the right type of holster to look good. Human kind has always been vain. Ornate scabbard? Gilded hilt? What this indicates to me is that the firearm is becoming commonplace enough that some have ventured to turn it into a fashion item and ultimately, isn't that what we want? No -carrying fashionable ARs in public is not really what I have in mind, but neither is that what Illest/Phase 5 has in mind. It's obviously a marketing device, and to that end it's a step in de-vilifying and normalizing the firearm. Now if these firearms were used in depictions of crimes being committed, then that would absolutely be detrimental to gunowners and I would very much rail against that.

Also, understanding that the next statement will brand me as a hipster, but comparing these guns to thoughtlessly gold plated and gratuitously ornamented firearms don't quite understand. Those are typically symbols of power and wealth whereas these are symbols for the sake of being symbols. They're branding. Labels. Whether you think it's ugly, hideous, tasteful, or attractive, it's art. That is, its production was an intellectual endeavor by those who designed it, no matter what you may or may not feel about the end result.

Personally, I don't even like the guns, but I think it's an interesting tongue-in-cheek piece of work. If I had a clothing label, hell yeah I would do something similar.

MrPlink
05-21-2012, 6:33 PM
Phamkl, try reading the thread before you comment bud.

KWB977
05-21-2012, 6:34 PM
Id rock that..............

jpm804
05-21-2012, 6:37 PM
"fatlace/illest" & phase5 tactical probably the last two companies I thought would ever do a collaboration....definitely an interesting market choice to say the least.

Prc329
05-21-2012, 6:37 PM
I kinda like it. It sure is original.

TNP'R
05-21-2012, 6:42 PM
UH... O....K. I guess it would be cool for the metro sexual to rock but, me no thanks. I don't even know who those guys are nor do I care.

defcon
05-21-2012, 7:46 PM
im aware of illest and a fellow car enthusiast. dont really care for the looks of the gun but there will definitely be a lot of more AR15 future owners following them.

peter95
05-21-2012, 7:50 PM
Wow, seriously?

I hope OP doesn't think this is nice.

KandyRedCoi
05-21-2012, 7:51 PM

Would you rather be part of a secret, insular culture that is going to eventually be legislated away or part of a mass movement where guns/shooting sports become the norm? Gotta change with the times. How many Calgunners are over 40? 50? 60? How many are under 30? Let's swing that demographic scale back from "traditional gun owners" to "most people like guns/shooting culture. Kim Kardashian shooting sporting clays (I posted in shotguns a month ago). This. Lots more young people who want EBRs and cool handguns. It's all good and means that we may actually still have guns and gun rights twenty years from now.

agreed

i dont like this particular rifle but phase 5 has some good stuff...to each their own...its about time californians find guns to be in the pop media...thank god!

gunsmithcats
05-21-2012, 8:20 PM
It's not how I'd dress up my AR, but I'm excited that the company is pushing into the firearms market. Nothing like attracting new shooters to help boost and support your cause. The more of the mainstream we can get onto the gun rights train the better.
When people who normally shy away from firearms find out we can own stuff like an ar-pistol in this state, it provides them an "in" through trendiness.
That said, it's our job to guide and help out the new shooters, not blast them away or reject the way they look or act.

MrPlink
05-21-2012, 8:21 PM
Wow, seriously?

I hope OP doesn't think this is nice.

judging by the thumbs down and the phrase "gaudy" in the thread title...

clutchy
05-21-2012, 8:24 PM
I am most ill and I'm robbin' and stealin'

BostonFan
05-21-2012, 8:27 PM
I like it

SURVIVOR619
05-21-2012, 9:11 PM
Great, more goons at the range muzzle swiping the rest of us trying to be safe... We all started somewhere but most care to educate themselves about fundamentals and safety and got into guns for reasons other than rappers and bling... Werd up son!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soopafly
05-21-2012, 9:19 PM
I am most ill and I'm robbin'rhymin' and stealin'

there you go...

Ali Baba and the 40 thieves, and all that...

(Beastie Boys, "Rhymin' & Stealin" from the album Licensed to Ill, 1986 for those that are :confused:)

dskell
05-21-2012, 9:50 PM
I stopped visiting car forums to get away from this crap. It's following me!

+1

Look at all this expensive stuff I threw onto my car/rifle, that looks "cool" but doesn't enhance function at all!

phamkl
05-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Phamkl, try reading the thread before you comment bud.

Hah? I did read the thread!

Read my comment maybe?

Either way, this isn't a serious topic. Just going for a rhetorical stroll. I mean ultimately, does anyone here saying anything have any impact on whether those guns will or will not exist? Nah.

Still strollin', not trollin'

FourLoko
05-21-2012, 10:32 PM
they're being treated like toys, not a good thing

Grumpyoldretiredcop
05-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Not hatin', at first I kinda :rolleyes: then I :facepalm: and after I looked at it a while I :ack2: but then I looked at it some more and I just :puke: , but I got over it - sort of :shrug: and now I'm kinda waitin' for the accessory tail wing and "R" stickers to come out to make it even more cool.

'Nuff said, I'm :leaving: 'cause that's the way I roll.

joash
05-21-2012, 10:48 PM
It's the next logical extension of the whole tacti-cool movement, where guns are a fashion accessory and all people care about is what they look like.

bender152
05-21-2012, 10:55 PM
hahahahahahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahh... (breathe).....

hahahahahahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhhahaha hahahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahahh ahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahahhahhaha hahahahhahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahahhahhahahahaha hhahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahahhahhahahahahahhahah ahahahhahahahh

BANG BANG
05-21-2012, 11:00 PM
"fatlace/illest" & phase5 tactical probably the last two companies I thought would ever do a collaboration....definitely an interesting market choice to say the least.

same here, i got to meet Mark from Fatlace years ago, very cool guy and a good head for business.

guess what... this is just business, look at Recoil magazine; same company that prints car tuner mags.

ThePerfectExposure
05-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Funny thing is that when I bought my Magpul lever, my friend suggested that I should have bought a Phase 5 lever instead. Knowing that they made this HellaFlush gun, my immediate thought was, "HELL NO!!!"

roushstage2
05-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Didn't know LV designed rifles...ick.

radioburning
05-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Takes all kinds...

Okami
05-22-2012, 12:05 AM
I guess some people like this stuff /shrug.
I'd rather spend the money on ammo or training myself. :)

NSR500
05-22-2012, 2:03 AM
Meh...

Not only do I have to deal with the "Bros" at the range, but I'll now have to deal with the "Illest" types.

sffred
05-22-2012, 8:17 AM
phase5 pistol or the hello kitty AR?

21SF
05-22-2012, 8:43 AM
WOW, this is worse than bronies.

chead
05-22-2012, 8:49 AM
I'm into it, good execution.

chead
05-22-2012, 8:50 AM
Meh...

Not only do I have to deal with the "Bros" at the range, but I'll now have to deal with the "Illest" types.

I'd much rather shoot with guys who like sneakers than dudes trying to flex hella hard.

Yemff
05-22-2012, 8:55 AM
It appears to have a bullet Button, they just have the "button" type tool installed in the picture.

If the button is not permanently installed, its only a sin, not illegal. And I don't think we should be discouraging the mainstreaming of the evil black rifle by spreading FUD.

I think it could come in a package, with tactical rhinestone encrusted goldfish filled platform boots. Think of the doomsday prepper tie-ins, rhinestone bullet buttons, hydration system, and Goldfish-ready-to eat, and it matches the bling AR. :hat: or maybe it could come with a really nice, pattern disruptive, wide brim hat...

this is wrong on so many levels. I'd suggest you stop spreading bs before you call other people on it.

paratroop
05-22-2012, 9:13 AM
I'd be in if they changed the single point sling to a fat gold chain so you could wear it like a charm. that would be a "license to ill" for real.

Arkangel
05-22-2012, 9:13 AM
Yep, without safety and using your brain, you have no right to use a gun. Thats the challenge but I think that we can overcome that challenge.

You must meet a better breed of idiot than I typically run into to have that kind of optimism ... The problem with these beatnecks is that it's a fad, the cool factor will wear off and in the mean time the rest of us get muzzle swept and have to deal with the long term consequences if these jibblet heads do something stupid, like say blow someone's brains out while showing off their new "gat".

These might sound like :oji: ideals, but I'm 26 and I got tired of getting lumped in with these types a long time ago...

nocomply25
05-22-2012, 9:23 AM
I guess on some level i like the idea of gun ownership being different and not in the media. People who are serious about it, do research and learn before they go out to buy an ar15. Not because it is the cool thing to do. Just like surfing, I hate summertime because everyone and there mom thinks they are surfer...but where were you when it was 50 degree water and air temp and the waves where really pumping. I do not think that guns in the hands of people who treat them like toys is going to be good publicity for guns in CA. Its like the way the world looks at a surfer like he is a bum in a VW van who only comes out when the waves are pumping. Gun owners will not be taken seriously, and the politicians will have more ammo for the war against us. Also for the people who are taking about haters, can you ****ing write like a normal person...

"Haters gon' hate for reals"

You sound stupid and everything you wrote after that did not matter because you started your whole topic based on that intro...keep it up that stuff will get you far in life.

fiddynut
05-22-2012, 9:32 AM
There's only so much crap you can pile onto your way too low Honda. Why not "RICE" out your fire arms.

Barbarossa
05-22-2012, 9:40 AM
"Flat Bill-er" rifle...

duc748bip
05-22-2012, 9:43 AM
Maybe its a good time to show the new guy the ropes. Its about bringing new people in the sport not excluding them.
;)

SNCaliber
05-22-2012, 9:46 AM
I have the Phase5 Bolt Release v2 and it is way nice, replaces the factory bolt release instead of just screwing it on like the magpul which makes it sturdier and their winter trigger guard is pretty slick, to each his own, but they definitely have the capability to make some nice parts.

Eddy's Shooting Sports
05-22-2012, 10:04 AM

If the button is not permanently installed, its only a sin, not illegal.

It's some sort of a custom button. You can clearly see in the picture (put your glasses on) that it has the little Phase 5 shield engraved on it.

As for it being a sin? Try felony. Assuming it is in Kaleefornya....

Arisaka
05-22-2012, 10:34 AM
this is wrong on so many levels. I'd suggest you stop spreading bs before you call other people on it.

Thank you. And thank you Eddy's Shooting Sports. Looks like maybe I'm not the FUD spreader after all...

jpham96
05-22-2012, 10:39 AM
They should of just engraved the phase5 x illest logo on the lower and stopped there. The whole safari print and all over logo collaboration print made it too much. but +1 for creativity but -.5 for going print happy

chead
05-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Stop with the finger-wagging regarding the mag release.

You don't know what it is, it's clearly a custom job, and it's highly likely that even if they had a standard mag release on the press photos that it's owned by the shop and exempt under their license to manufacture.

Stop. Snitching.

that guy
05-22-2012, 10:46 AM

It's some sort of a custom button. You can clearly see in the picture (put your glasses on) that it has the little Phase 5 shield engraved on it.

As for it being a sin? Try felony. Assuming it is in Kaleefornya....

OK- a bullet button works with a tool. In this case, that tool appears to be a prince 50 wonder wrench, or some similar device, that is set on top of the bullet button.

Setting a tool into the bullet button does not create a felony, or you would be breaking the law every time you use the a tool to drop a mag. Attaching the tool to the gun (such as with a magnet, or in the case of the wonder wrench, threading the tool onto the threads of the mag catch) does make a felony.

I don't usually wear glasses, but if you can look at that photo and see that the tool is threaded on, or otherwise attached to the firearm, then your eyes are better than mine.

And, yes, I did see that the tool had a nice logo on it, so does the rest of the gun. That is irrelevant. I don't care if your tool has a picture of Betty Paige, or an image of Snoopy on it, the question is not what is on the tool, but how the tool is on the gun.

You should not be so quick to assume that the illest / fatlace crowd is so ignorant of the law as to create a felony, and then document it on the net for the world to see. Although I don't mind taking some tongue in cheek jabs at the style, whoever did the custom work on this gun is obviously a professional. It is unlikely that they would not know about the relevant California laws.

You both are assuming that the tool is attached. I'm not going to comment on where I think the tools are in this thread.

Some Guy
05-22-2012, 10:55 AM
If the tool isn't attached how is it defying gravity?

chead
05-22-2012, 11:17 AM

Why don't you call them and ask if you're so concerned?

Some Guy
05-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Why don't you call them and ask if you're so concerned?

I couldn't care less if their guns are legal or not, but the poster above my last post is handing out misinformation.

Arisaka
05-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Stop with the finger-wagging regarding the mag release.

You don't know what it is, it's clearly a custom job, and it's highly likely that even if they had a standard mag release on the press photos that it's owned by the shop and exempt under their license to manufacture.

Stop. Snitching.

Who's snitching? They posted the pic. What a great way to bring new enthusiasts on board... by showing them what not to do.

Stop. Moderating.

LBDamned
05-22-2012, 11:37 AM
gaudy or not, people will buy it due to illest being so popular, its just more business for them

exactly... as I looked at the pics, I was thinking - what's worse than these guns is the fact that there are people that will think they're cool :rolleyes:

POLICESTATE
05-22-2012, 11:42 AM
I like em. I wouldn't buy one myself but they do look nice.

that guy
05-22-2012, 11:45 AM

Gravity works by pulling to objects together, center of mass to center of mass. Standing on the earths surface, this generally results in things being pulled straight down. If you will notice in the pictures, generally straight down from the tool is the cylindrical surface of the prince 50 bullet button. The tool is being pulled down by gravity, but an equal and opposite force is being applied by the surface of the bullet button on the tool. So it does not fall.

But wait, you say, "Mr. Fatlace is clearly holding the bling-special at ever so slight an angle in the last picture, surely gravity must work its magic under those conditions?"

Well, that magic trick is accomplished using the scientific principal of friction. You see, the surface of the bullet button creates what we can think of as a ramp. And yes, gravity acting on the mass of the tool will cause a slight force tending to move the tool down the ramp. You can think of the straight pull of gravity as two vectors, one along the ramp (sine of the angle of tilt from flat times gravity), and one into the ramp(cosine of the angle of tilt from flat times gravity). In this case, the one into the ramp is going to be much larger that the one along the ramp (you will see why this is important later).

The tool will not move however, until the force along the ramp overcomes the friction between the surface of the ramp and the tool. The amount of force required is the coefficient of static friction (for the two surfaces, lets guess steel and anodized aluminum at approximately .6) times the mass of the object, times the component of force into the ramp (cosine x gravity).
The force along the ramp ((sine x gravity)X tool mass) does not become larger that the force required to overcome friction until approximately 31 degrees.

Mr. Fatlace is not holding the bling special at enough of an angle to overcome static friction, therefore the tool does not move.

Don't think of it so much as defying gravity, think of it of a more in depth analysis of the forces acting on the tool. For a real life demonstration of this principal, stand or park your car on an incline. You see how it didn't move.

The wonders of science.

If you didn't want to know, don't ask...

Some Guy
05-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Gravity works by pulling to objects together, center of mass to center of mass. Standing on the earths surface, this generally results in things being pulled straight down. If you will notice in the pictures, generally straight down from the tool is the cylindrical surface of the prince 50 bullet button. The tool is being pulled down by gravity, but an equal and opposite force is being applied by the surface of the bullet button on the tool. So it does not fall.

But wait, you say, "Mr. Fatlace is clearly holding the bling-special at ever so slight an angle in the last picture, surely gravity must work its magic under those conditions?"

Well, that magic trick is accomplished using the scientific principal of friction. You see, the surface of the bullet button creates what we can think of as a ramp. And yes, gravity acting on the mass of the tool will cause a slight force tending to move the tool down the ramp. You can think of the straight pull of gravity as two vectors, one along the ramp (sine of the angle of tilt from flat times gravity), and one into the ramp(cosine of the angle of tilt from flat times gravity). In this case, the one into the ramp is going to be much larger that the one along the ramp (you will see why this is important later).

The tool will not move however, until the force along the ramp overcomes the friction between the surface of the ramp and the tool. The amount of force required is the coefficient of static friction (for the two surfaces, lets guess steel and anodized aluminum at approximately .6) times the mass of the object, times the component of force into the ramp (cosine x gravity).
The force along the ramp ((sine x gravity)X tool mass) does not become larger that the force required to overcome friction until approximately 31 degrees.

Mr. Fatlace is not holding the bling special at enough of an angle to overcome static friction, therefore the tool does not move.

Don't think of it so much as defying gravity, think of it of a more in depth analysis of the forces acting on the tool. For a real life demonstration of this principal, stand or park your car on an incline. You see how it didn't move.

The wonders of science.

If you didn't want to know, don't ask...

So its attached.

that guy
05-22-2012, 11:55 AM
So its attached.

About as much as your car is attached to the ground, or your butt is attached to your chair...

chead
05-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Who's snitching? They posted the pic. What a great way to bring new enthusiasts on board... by showing them what not to do.

Stop. Moderating.

I'm not moderating at all, I'm suggesting if you're concerned you ask the manufacturer. No one here has any better idea than you do, we saw the same pictures. But which do you think is more likely? They produced and marketed an AR pistol in an illegal configuration or that the photo is not very illustrative of what's going on with the bullet button?

ACRfan
05-22-2012, 12:05 PM
I am not gonna ly I like that BCG!!

fiddynut
05-22-2012, 2:34 PM
Look at all the hate these import racing ARs have caused. Next add they should have some huge breasted butter faced import models holding them. Maybe then the blood will rush to other places instead of our brains with anger.
Can't blame the guys though. ARs are the new hip thing.

SNCaliber
05-22-2012, 3:04 PM
http://phase5tactical.com/_cache/ftp/product-images/800_600_p5tlimitedcqc.jpg

I wouldnt mind having one of their CQB pistols :D

joash
05-22-2012, 3:14 PM
I think these hipsters should ride around on custom fixed gear bicycles with their "illest" PDWs.

MrExel17
05-22-2012, 3:15 PM
illest pistol, -1 BUT the CQB^^+1

Mr. Gillious
05-22-2012, 3:28 PM
lol i'm only imagining what the ammo looks like for this thing.

There's probably "illest" that's written around the casing

gun toting monkeyboy
05-22-2012, 5:04 PM
About as much as your car is attached to the ground, or your butt is attached to your chair...

(snicker) You walked into that one. :rolleyes:

fiddynut
05-22-2012, 6:17 PM
http://phase5tactical.com/_cache/ftp/product-images/800_600_p5tlimitedcqc.jpg

I wouldnt mind having one of their CQB pistols :D

Now this looks good and kinda practical. As practical as an AR pistol can be.

I think these hipsters should ride around on custom fixed gear bicycles with their "illest" PDWs.

Lol yeah slung over their back with some home made hemp hippie sling.

joash
05-22-2012, 8:24 PM
that'd be real ironic dude.

arsilva32
05-22-2012, 9:17 PM
to each his own but that chrome pistol looks sick

PachecoFTW
05-22-2012, 10:26 PM
I would be embarrassed to be seen with that ...that..thing.

hornswaggled
05-22-2012, 10:46 PM
revoke that FFL

clutchy
05-22-2012, 11:23 PM
there you go...

Ali Baba and the 40 thieves, and all that...

(Beastie Boys, "Rhymin' & Stealin" from the album Licensed to Ill, 1986 for those that are :confused:)

fail :(

boxl0bster
05-23-2012, 1:09 AM

my thoughts exactly!

MrPlink
05-23-2012, 3:34 AM
I would be embarrassed to be seen with that ...that..thing.

Im actually kinda hoping to catch somebody at a range with one...

just so I can approach them and pretend to be really impressed :43:

Prc329
05-23-2012, 4:23 AM

Teachable moment. Someone should have took a second to school the guy on safety.

On another note. I should a few guys this gun that are not guy types and they all were very interested in it.

nicoroshi
05-23-2012, 5:45 AM
I may not like the bling on this thing but increasing the younger generation that sees shooting as a sport, and changing the perception of guns as a 'bad' thing, into one of a normal/ mainstream thing is 'good'.
As long as they are safe with their firearms then bling it out if that's what brings more young law abiding register voting people to the shooting sports.
Really don't see this as anything different than the ARs with flashlights, and lasers attached to them when at the range.

artichokie
05-23-2012, 9:41 AM

Yeah. Its a paradox... On one hand its nice that they're attracting new people to firearms, on the other, these new people dont know how to respect one. Its kinda like being a new driver, blinging out your car, trying to be cool, doing stupid things.

Anyway... as for the pistol, is it any different from those custom engraved 1911's with all the patterns on the slide and frame? It be more to look at than as a regular range toy (IMO). What do i know.. I wouldn't get either one :D

Arisaka
05-23-2012, 9:59 AM
I actually kinda like the BCG on the "illest" pistol.

SarcoBlaster
05-23-2012, 11:21 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/SarcoBlaster/magic_ill_7-620x414copy.jpg

CSI304
05-23-2012, 11:38 AM
awesome, I have a Phase 5 Tactical AR pistol. I think I should make it all nice and shiny so I can be "Hip"... I just need to buy a matching outfit to go with my gun next time I go to the range. I wanna look like the asian dude on last picture!!!

chead
05-23-2012, 11:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/SarcoBlaster/magic_ill_7-620x414copy.jpg

Cool racism, thanks.

CSI304
05-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Im actually kinda hoping to catch somebody at a range with one...

just so I can approach them and pretend to be really impressed :43:

Oh hell no, I just spend the last 5 hours polishing the hell out of my AR pistol..
:rolleyes: hey buddy! don't ruin my fun!!:43::43::43:

deviljon
05-23-2012, 11:51 AM
I may not like the bling on this thing but increasing the younger generation that sees shooting as a sport, and changing the perception of guns as a 'bad' thing, into one of a normal/ mainstream thing is 'good'.
As long as they are safe with their firearms then bling it out if that's what brings more young law abiding register voting people to the shooting sports.
Really don't see this as anything different than the ARs with flashlights, and lasers attached to them when at the range.

I don't know about you, but I' extremely sick of the "illest" car scene. The car forums I frequent don't seem too fond of these "hellaflush" cars either, almost like they're ruining the image of all car enthusiasts. I'd hate for that to spread into the gun community.

serkerone
05-23-2012, 12:09 PM
im not gonna lie, that pistol is ILL

pun intended lol

soopafly
05-23-2012, 12:21 PM
keep the booger hook off the bang switch, yo...

http://fatlace.com/lacedup/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/magic_ill_6.jpg

MrPlink
05-23-2012, 2:15 PM
Cool racism, thanks.

Im allowed to laugh, Im Asian :p

h0use
05-23-2012, 4:00 PM
very nice!

SarcoBlaster
05-23-2012, 5:02 PM
+1

Guy needs to righten up...

hornswaggled
05-23-2012, 6:31 PM

haha same, and I laughed too. in between doing math problems and driving with my eyes closed. just kidding, my license got revoked.

smog7
05-23-2012, 8:18 PM
I like the stingray/sharkskin looking spray pattern

Capybara
05-23-2012, 8:42 PM
Whether or not you like it, I too agree that this new gun from them is an art project more than a practical firearm. And that, in itself, is cool.

Pipehitter
05-23-2012, 8:52 PM
Don't know what everyone else is talking about, but these pistols look SiK. I especially like the chrome one. And BTW...."Haters always and forever gonna hate"

True Story

smog7
05-23-2012, 9:17 PM
calguns is full of old people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoCawR9On38

epcii
05-23-2012, 10:51 PM
calguns is full of old people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoCawR9On38

For demographics's sake, I'm under 30, and I think the ornaments are flat-out ridiculous. These are weapons, and anything put on them should serve a purpose. If there isn't one, it probably doesn't belong.

Just my opinion, and to each their own. I do, however, like the patterning.

smog7
05-23-2012, 10:54 PM
I wasn't necessarily talking about the gun or graphics, more about some of the comments posted.

morfeeis
05-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Yeah. Haters gon' hate for reals.

I'm sure back when it was common for a man to wear a firearm at his side, there were more than a few men who wore just the right type of holster to look good. Human kind has always been vain. Ornate scabbard? Gilded hilt? What this indicates to me is that the firearm is becoming commonplace enough that some have ventured to turn it into a fashion item and ultimately, isn't that what we want? No -carrying fashionable ARs in public is not really what I have in mind, but neither is that what Illest/Phase 5 has in mind. It's obviously a marketing device, and to that end it's a step in de-vilifying and normalizing the firearm. Now if these firearms were used in depictions of crimes being committed, then that would absolutely be detrimental to gunowners and I would very much rail against that.

Also, understanding that the next statement will brand me as a hipster, but comparing these guns to thoughtlessly gold plated and gratuitously ornamented firearms don't quite understand. Those are typically symbols of power and wealth whereas these are symbols for the sake of being symbols. They're branding. Labels. Whether you think it's ugly, hideous, tasteful, or attractive, it's art. That is, its production was an intellectual endeavor by those who designed it, no matter what you may or may not feel about the end result.

Personally, I don't even like the guns, but I think it's an interesting tongue-in-cheek piece of work. If I had a clothing label, hell yeah I would do something similar.
Well said.......

dj_dub
05-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Maybe its a good time to show the new guy the ropes. Its about bringing new people in the sport not excluding them.
;)

^Exactly this. We were all noobs at one point (some of us have more common sense than others)...be the better man and show the dude the correct ways of range etiquette.

As for the gun...it's not my style, but I can't hate on this because it's a brilliant marketing tool.

PrimerDust360
08-07-2012, 10:45 PM

^^this. My friends in the Mopar community introduced me to guns and shooting as a hobby. One guy in particular who lives nearby and was on the Mopar forum. We started hanging out after discovering we're both aging, mid 30's skate punks from the 80's with several other hobbies in common. I had no idea he had guns until I mentioned I was thinking of buying a 10/22. I ended up buying his extra Spike's lower off of him a year later. Since then 3 friends of mine getting into guns have come to me to ask about buying lowers to build CA compliant rifles. "DO IT!" I tell them. "Everyone is building them because they are fun to build and shoot! Come to the range and try mine out!"

wash
08-08-2012, 12:02 AM
http://fatlace.com/lacedup/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/magic_ill_5.jpg

Off center rails, I'm not very impressed.

The problem with these is that they are going to be bought by people who are more in to style than guns.

They certainly might find bullet button magazine changes difficult and install an illegal magazine release because they don't understand the legalities of OLL pistols and you know they are going to attract police attention due to an illegal tint, noise violation, colored headlights or whatever they are in to.

I'm all for bringing new people in to the sport but it's like handing a guy a chopstick and saying I'll meet you on the other side of that field but failing to tell them it's a mine field.

gasol1ne
08-10-2012, 4:32 AM
I like the sting ray pattern, but im not really liking the "illest" bolted on the receiver.

ostaF
08-10-2012, 10:57 AM
AR's are hip so this is fitting. Haha

someR1
08-10-2012, 11:52 AM
lol o sweet Jebus . . . . :rolleyes:

CasperSYTFU
08-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Those bullet buttons just have the tools placed on them.
They are separate and not connected.
See:
http://www.phase5tactical.com/products/california-market/magazine-release-tool-308-mrt308-

Just with the fatlace branding.

Relax guys.

whatpain
08-10-2012, 12:21 PM
hahaha im loving all the hate on here. and the guys saying" oh if it doesnt help with the function of the gun it isnt needed" oh so you need all your tacticool devices and mall ninja add-ons? you need to ceracote your weapon dark earth? i personally wouldnt use one of these and i probably couldnt afford one but if they want to why does it bother everyone so much? some on here are very uptight.

10mm
08-10-2012, 2:58 PM
Fugly.:cool:

Socal858
08-10-2012, 3:15 PM
Okay, but how do i make it hellaflush? Do i add more washers on the muzzle device for camber or add 45 degree angled rails to give it camber?

Ryan in SD
08-10-2012, 5:12 PM
I'm not so into banning guns but that is one brand that should be banned by name.

People who like that kind of thing Im sure are have at most 85 iq points.

Please dont post that kind of crap in the future...really uglies up the forum.

---
For the record, Im under 30. When people do that to be cool, it just screams GHETTO

BigRobb
08-10-2012, 5:22 PM
For the record I am 31. And :facepalm:

I am not one to be "blingin muh burnah. Shoo, ya'lls gots da shii fou a glawk fooowwwtaaay!"

Call me old fashioned I guess...lol

wash
08-10-2012, 7:37 PM
Those bullet buttons just have the tools placed on them.
They are separate and not connected.
See:
http://www.phase5tactical.com/products/california-market/magazine-release-tool-308-mrt308-

Just with the fatlace branding.

Relax guys.
That doesn't matter.

They are marketing a product that is balanced on the knife edge of legality to a group of people who probably don't understand the legality and exhibit some severe monkey see-monkey do behavior (remember Altezza tail lights?).

Without it being any one's fault, a guy who doesn't know any better could buy the pistol, install a wonder wrench or whatever it's called and then get pulled over for too dark window tint and get charged with unlawful possession of an unregistered "assault weapon".

That's a case of irresponsible marketing screwing up someones life.

I don't want to see that happen and the easiest way is to change the marketing and educate people because there is no California legal use of a a wonder wrench on a bullet buttoned AR pistol since there is no rimfire exception. There might be a use if the handgun is not semi-automatic but I doubt they were set up as straight pull bolt actions.

I don't care about anyone's taste (or lack there of) in cars or blingy firearms but AR pistols should not be toys for people who do not have a very clear understanding of California gun laws.

I wish everyone had a very clear understanding of California gun laws but that's not reality, I have first hand knowledge of that.

ZNinerFan
08-10-2012, 7:41 PM
Finally, someone put together an AR to match a coach purse...

mreed
08-10-2012, 8:22 PM

get outa here with that haters gonna hate bull crap

SocomM4
08-10-2012, 8:24 PM
At least they are safe and follow the laws. :rolleyes:

-hanko
08-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm not so into banning guns but that is one brand that should be banned by name.

People who like that kind of thing Im sure are have at most 85 iq points.

Please dont post that kind of crap in the future...really uglies up the forum.

---
For the record, Im under 30. When people do that to be cool, it just screams GHETTO
The more gun brands available, the better for all of us. The more shooters, same.

IQ is relative...

Wait a day or two...check yet again another post about how someone colored-in the markings on his gun...same thing, just a little more exotic.;) Ghetto is as getto does, but everyone knows real operators ;) avoid gaudiness.

-hanko