PDA

View Full Version : Best way to pin my collapsible stock?

SA227driver
05-21-2012, 2:45 PM
I have decided to go the featureless route on my AR and before scouring youtube I wanted to check with fellow Calguners. I am planning on pinning my existing M4 style collapsible stock and wanted to hear from Calgunners who have done it before. More precisely I wanted to know what diameter of hole to drill and type of pin that is favored.

Thanks in advance!

deviljon
05-21-2012, 2:59 PM
I have decided to go the featureless route on my AR and before scouring youtube I wanted to check with fellow Calguners. I am planning on pinning my existing M4 style collapsible stock and wanted to hear from Calgunners who have done it before. More precisely I wanted to know what diameter of hole to drill and type of pin that is favored.

Thanks in advance!

I personally don't have experience, but my friend recently had his Magpul STR stock pinned to be legal in New Jersey. It looked like a small rivet was used to hold it in place, and there's no way to remove it unless he drills it. I can ask for more info if nobody else chimes in.

gun toting monkeyboy
05-21-2012, 3:04 PM
I know a guy that has done several. Generally he drills the stock and the lower part of the tube (the solid part) and either inserts a screw or a pop rivet. When I was turning a carbine tube into a pistol tube, I drilled it through the same area and added a pop riven with some washers to prevent it from accepting a stock. The aluminum on them is easy to drill. Especially on a drill press.

-Mb

socalbowhunter
05-21-2012, 3:09 PM
You should contact Aimsmall here on CGN. He pinned his and it turned out great. I'm sure he'd share his idea with you.