PDA

View Full Version : So Close, Yet So Far Away...

epic1856
05-21-2012, 2:27 PM
on the skeet field I got all the way to station 8 low house before missing my first bird yesterday :censored::banghead: Got the next one 24 of 25. Still looking for the elusive 25.

Shot 5 rounds yesterday: 22, 22, 23, 24, 23.

More practice....

bjl333
05-22-2012, 8:32 AM
That is very good shooting there epic!! Take a deep breath before every shot so your brain has a little more oxygen to work with!!

em9sredbeam
05-22-2012, 8:58 AM
I had the same thing happening to me. Always the illusive 25. Haven't gone in probably a year now. Been wanting to start going again.

Barry
05-22-2012, 3:43 PM
I'm not sure what's worse......

Trying to get to the magic 25
or
Getting there once and not being able to do it again.

I managed 25 once, cost me my hat! I've been trying ever since to get back there again.
I had thought/hoped that once I achieved 25, continued practise would simply cause 25 to come more often. Not so the case for me.

Maybe I got lucky

Or as I explained to my wife, "I think it's the gun, I'm going to be needing a new one".

Barry

Mana4real
05-22-2012, 4:28 PM
OP that's harsh to make it all the way to low 8 and miss. Hey, at least you know you can do it. That's what's important. Sunday was really my second day shooting skeet (with the right equipment/gun) and I got a couple of 23's. I know all the leads now. I should be knocking on the 25 door myself soon. I'm looking for someone to go shooting with. I go to USI in Concord pretty much every weekend. It's always more fun when you're not alone.

On another note, are there different patches for 25 straight on trap and 25 straight on skeet? And am I supposed to have someone shoot my hat for my first 25 in skeet also? Even though I've already shot straight in trap? What are the ins and outs?

Barry
05-22-2012, 7:11 PM
We shoot USI just about every Saturday morning.
You're welcome to come try, but I'll warn you about one thing....

Some shoot Skeet with a large stick firmly installed in their ***.

That's not us.
Even the pullers have commented on our "style".
Sorry but we go to have fun and a good time. Lots-o-leg-pulling and general teasing. If you're a serious shooter you might find it a little noisy.

Barry

Mana4real
05-22-2012, 10:26 PM
We shoot USI just about every Saturday morning.
You're welcome to come try, but I'll warn you about one thing....

Some shoot Skeet with a large stick firmly installed in their ***.

That's not us.
Even the pullers have commented on our "style".
Sorry but we go to have fun and a good time. Lots-o-leg-pulling and general teasing. If you're a serious shooter you might find it a little noisy.

Barry

I have no problem with having a good time as long as its in a safe fashion and doesn't disturb whoever is actually up shooting. I was there on Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I had to get the game figured out otherwise is was going to bother me all week long. Plus I got my new gun. So it was a little bit of both, I saw you pmed, going to reply.

Captain Dick
05-23-2012, 7:31 AM
Good shooting Epic. Remember, have a plan and one bird at a time. Your not trying to shoot 25 straight, your focusing on and shooting the next bird. Your close, it's just a matter of time till you get your hat shot.

Khanan
05-23-2012, 9:05 AM
That is really good shooting. Keep it up and you will get there. I have seen you shoot and know you can do it.

Barry
05-27-2012, 8:12 AM
Mana,
We all had fun. Suspect you did as well. You shoot well with your new O/U. It's going to be tough keeping up.
I've "permission" to go again today, but the crew wont be there.

Anyone planning on shooting skeet at USI this morning?

Barry

Mana4real
05-27-2012, 9:07 AM
Mana,
We all had fun. Suspect you did as well. You shoot well with your new O/U. It's going to be tough keeping up.
I've "permission" to go again today, but the crew wont be there.

Anyone planning on shooting skeet at USI this morning?

Barry

Thank you very much! I also had a great time. I might be able to get away tomorrow for a bit. I reloaded some more when I came home today so I can shoot more.