PDA

View Full Version : Cal-FFL Submits Comments to Office of Admin. Law on DOJ Underground Reg Challenge

wildhawker
05-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Madera, CA (May 21, 2012) California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees, Inc., has submitted comments to the State's Office of Administrative Law (OAL) in the ongoing challenge to the Department of Justice's policies and practices regarding the issuance of Assault Weapon and .50BMG Rifle permits (http://calffl.org/news/news/93-california-office-of-administrative-law-accepts-petition-challenging-doj-assault-weapons-provision.html) to corporations and other business entities.

The OAL formally accepted the petition, filed by attorney Jason Davis for petitioner and Cal-FFL member Franklin Armory, in April. A decision in the matter will be reached on or before August 20, 2012.

A copy of Cal-FFL's letter to DOJ can be found at http://scr.bi/calffl_oal_052112.
___

California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees (Cal-FFL) is California's premier non-profit industry association of, by, and for firearms manufacturers, dealers, collectors, training professionals, shooting ranges, and others, advancing the interests of its members and the general public through strategic litigation, legislative efforts, and education. For more information or to join Cal-FFL, please visit calffl.org.

Connect with Cal-FFL on Facebook (http://facebook.com/calffl) - Follow @Cal_FFL on Twitter (http://twitter.com/calffl)

Legasat
05-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Great! Keep pushin!!!

mej16489
05-21-2012, 12:58 PM
A copy of Cal-FFL's letter to DOJ can be found at

Outstanding!

Full Link without redirect:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/94336383/Cal-FFL-letter-regarding-Office-of-Administrative-Law-Petition-no-CTU2012-0207-01-Underground-Regulation-re-Assault-Weapon-50BMG-Permit

gun toting monkeyboy
05-21-2012, 1:48 PM
So what does this mean for those of us without the legal background? Time to start a corporation to get an Assault Weapons permit? Or just a smackdown for the DOJ because they are trying their usual underground regulations again?

-Mb

morrcarr67
05-21-2012, 1:49 PM
Nice. Keep up the good work Brandon and thank you very much for all you do to help our community.

morrcarr67
05-21-2012, 1:50 PM
So what does this mean for those of us without the legal background? Time to start a corporation to get an Assault Weapons permit? Or just a smackdown for the DOJ because they are trying their usual underground regulations again?

-Mb

Both. :cool:

Purple K
05-21-2012, 7:09 PM
Nice. Keep up the good work Brandon and thank you very much for all you do to help our community.

+1,000,000,000,000

CHS
05-21-2012, 8:20 PM

-Mb

It doesn't mean a whole lot. It just means that a corp can get the permit, rather than everyone working in the corp, which is how it's done now.

The permits are still "may-issue" though, so they're worth about as much as our CCW's.

wildhawker
05-21-2012, 8:25 PM
It doesn't mean a whole lot. It just means that a corp can get the permit, rather than everyone working in the corp, which is how it's done now.

The permits are still "may-issue" though, so they're worth about as much as our CCW's.

First one foot, then the other.

-Brandon

GOEX FFF
05-21-2012, 9:05 PM
Another BIG thanks, Brandon!!

avneet
05-21-2012, 9:56 PM
Nice job guys.

franklinarmory
05-22-2012, 10:19 AM

True, yet the reason we felt compelled to bring this forward was because the DOJ was simply not following the written law! Their regulations did not comport with the Penal Code. As a firearms manufacturer, I am obligated to follow the PC diligently. I take pride in doing so as I have great respect for the law, law enforcement, and our government.

I sent DOJ an email politely outlining where their process was in derogation of the PC. Perhaps I'm too naive, but I expected that they would simply fix their oversight. Bob Berthold was very responsive, but his obligation was to forward my concern on to his supervisors and/or counsel. The DOJ higher-ups refused to reply and refused to change their application process. ...ever.

You know it's sad when you have to take legal action to get the chief law enforcement officer of the state to follow the law. :(

wildhawker
05-22-2012, 11:52 AM
You know it's sad when you have to take legal action to get the chief law enforcement officer of the state to follow the law. :(

It's indeed pitiful that we have to sue nearly every law enforcement chief, sheriff, and the AG herself to compel them to uphold their oath, follow the laws of this state and nation, and respect the Constitution.

But, we will.

-Brandon

Write Winger
05-22-2012, 11:59 AM
A law needs to be passed to close this loophole :D

CHS
05-22-2012, 8:10 PM
True, yet the reason we felt compelled to bring this forward was because the DOJ was simply not following the written law!

Yeah, they tend not to like doing that :)