PDA

View Full Version : Ban on bullet button, again????

jrivera408
05-21-2012, 8:11 AM
Just saw this while cruizing around yahoo news. Not sure if its been posted yet or if this is the right place to post but it may be worth taking a glance at. More restrictions that certain people want.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/05/20/cbs-5-story-inspires-new-legislation-to-ban-bullet-button/

Chaos47
05-21-2012, 8:13 AM
:dupe::dupe::dupe:

NorCalK9.com
05-21-2012, 8:43 AM
First time ive seen that particular news feed. Thanks op.

vikingm03
05-21-2012, 8:43 AM
:dupe::dupe::dupe:
If it is a dupe, could you at least link to the first posting?

NorCalK9.com
05-21-2012, 8:46 AM
Ohh and a real special thanks to Gene here on calguns!
And a big F.U. to yee!

EvolutionGSR
05-21-2012, 8:47 AM
:twoweeks:

The1stWright
05-21-2012, 8:53 AM
California is so dumb if I didn't have to stay here for work purposes I'd be long gone.

X231
05-21-2012, 8:53 AM
If I remember correctly Yee was the ***** hat that wanted to mandate helmets at ski areas. He has too much time on his hands.

gun toting monkeyboy
05-21-2012, 8:54 AM
This one has been bouncing around here and Facebook since it came out. We have been ripping the author a new one in the comments section since it did. :D

-Mb (who posted his comment there under GTMB)

(Edit)

Guys, the link isn't to the original article from a few weeks back. It is from a follow-up article printed yesterday.

m03
05-21-2012, 9:00 AM
Guys, the link isn't to the original article from a few weeks back. It is from a follow-up article printed yesterday.

Bolded for truth.

EvolutionGSR
05-21-2012, 9:01 AM
I'm actually suprised that he is barely finding out about this. As a legislator, it makes him seem pretty out of touch with whats going on in his backyard.

osis32
05-21-2012, 9:02 AM
It's in 2a. I watched it last night. Channel 5 really wants to take credit for helping expose this even though they did it already 4years ago and no one cared.

Barbarossa
05-21-2012, 9:04 AM
Did they mis-quote Gene?

“The real reason I designed it was because the original kind of ways to create AR-15s that were California legal were actually quite dangerous on the range.”

Or did I never realize it was Gene's design?

loosewreck
05-21-2012, 9:06 AM
Gotta stop it before it picks up any more speed. Elections are coming up, douche bags from both parties are looking for wedge issues and distractions to feed voters and distract from the crap job their all doing.

osis32
05-21-2012, 9:08 AM
Gene is on tape saying that in the interview so they didn't mis quote him.

famas619
05-21-2012, 9:11 AM
10 more months and i will be free, Arizona here i come.

bigdawg86
05-21-2012, 9:16 AM
I have been looking for the article and video... thanks OP

NorCalK9.com
05-21-2012, 9:17 AM
@the1stwright.
Im with you bud. I makena good living here in Ca but i already have my 8 year plan.
Take in as much money from this state as i can, find a suitable managernfor my company and get the heck out of here to a southern state.

osis32
05-21-2012, 9:19 AM
Yeah I'm with you guys I need out.

ar-bullet button glove
05-21-2012, 9:25 AM
wow.I think california should take a second look at there budget before they start trying to do these silly things like this.this will cost tax payers millons in legal fees alone.they also should look and see how much state income is coming to them by way of these products they want to band.I would love to see how many people have been shot in california with these ar-15's with the bullet button .I have never heard of any have you.go calguns.derin if you read this stay strong brother.

LooseCannon
05-21-2012, 9:29 AM
Don't worry, they are saving money with every prisoner they release...

Personmans
05-21-2012, 9:46 AM
Can I point something out?

“What I am proposing is to essentially prevent any mechanism that would allow the conversion of an assault weapon into a way that you can fire these magazines upon magazines without effort,” he said.

1) So his bill prevents us from converting assault weapons?
2) He wants to prevent us from converting a weapon into a method of firing magazines?
Seems silly to me.

On a more serious note, what is the deal with throwing the word "assault weapon" around and making law-abiding citizens seem like thugs? How many episodes of COPS do you see where the guy robs a liquor store with an AR15? :confused:

chead
05-21-2012, 9:53 AM
How many episodes of COPS do you see where the guy robs a liquor store with an AR15? :confused:

Zero, of course. The AR-15 or any other CA-legal rifle is pretty much the WORST choice for committing a crime: Relatively large, difficult to conceal, expensive, and carries additional criminal charges if used without compliance parts. If you're going to rob someone which would you pick: The large, expensive AR that comes with additional legal liability or a small, cheap revolver?

Yee probably buys his own line either because he's a True Believer or more likely because he's been pressured by other interest groups and it makes good political hay. The latter is much more dangerous since it has nothing to do with logical thought or genuine interest.

ACRfan
05-21-2012, 9:54 AM
This make me wanna go shopping!!
I'm gonna go pick up another lower today..

Hahahahahaha

Kodemonkey
05-21-2012, 10:07 AM
"The real reason I designed it was because the original kind of ways to create AR-15s that were California legal were actually quite dangerous on the range.”

Yeah, about that, I'm convinced they would love to see more shooting accidents to bolster their agenda.

I haven't read the bill that Yee is presenting but it sounds to me that he may be trying to go after the mag-magnet and other affixed tools that we already consider here to be illegal to use or at the very least very "iffy".

chead
05-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Pre-emptive: Can we NOT move this to the 2a forum? This is something that should be seen by folks who don't check it often.

Arkangel
05-21-2012, 10:08 AM
It seems the State of CA is a vertically integrated anti-gun, ***hat politician factory... well it brings me some comfort knowing that they ALL don't originate from CA.

ospNRk2uM3U

Librarian
05-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Until we get a bill number, discussion of this goes to http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=574244, in 2A.