PDA

View Full Version : you call that a rail? this is a rail!

Shrubmaster
05-21-2012, 2:02 AM
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/112/products_id/2652

Lots of ak railestate on this puppy, just requires you to sell a few guns to buy it.:chris:

Latigo
05-21-2012, 4:48 AM
Wow! Way cool! Now a guy can make his AK three times the weight! :D

bob7122
05-21-2012, 5:04 AM
idk if i would pay $400 for it. but then again i am a cheap bastard.

The War Wagon
05-21-2012, 5:11 AM
Wow! Way cool! Now a guy can make his AK three times the weight! :D

GOOD thing I live out here... where I can slap in a 100 round drum, too! :o

BlackJack
05-21-2012, 5:25 AM
You could put a locomotive on that rail.

Richard Erichsen
05-21-2012, 7:05 AM
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/112/products_id/2652

Lots of ak railestate on this puppy, just requires you to sell a few guns to buy it.:chris:

The price is fairly ridiculous in light of the fact that the average AK is <$600. I suppose it could be argued that a TWS top cover rail, an Ultimak gas tube rail and ACR2 handguard or Midwest Industries upper/lower railed handguard would be of similar cost (the TWS+Midwest would be less, the TWS+Ultimak combo a bit less or about the same), but I wonder about how the cantilever attachment works out. It may be less flimsy than it appears, but "light" it probably is not.

Is that a rail on the side of the buttstock? I believe in adding some modularity if the needs dictate, but Lordy....

R

Shrubmaster
05-21-2012, 7:13 AM
GOOD thing I live out here... where I can slap in a 100 round drum, too! :o

You're going to give those saiga12 guys a run for their money!

Shrubmaster
05-21-2012, 7:16 AM
I was tempted to go with "call your rail estate agent, cuz this rail has... big... tracks of land."

At what point would we call this an ak chassis?

killathrilla
05-21-2012, 7:20 AM

tujungatoes
05-21-2012, 7:23 AM
Wow! Thats uh...thats.....special.:facepalm:

toby
05-21-2012, 7:32 AM

+1....

Yemff
05-21-2012, 7:38 AM
the fact that its under the section 'tactical gear' is fitting

NorCalK9.com
05-21-2012, 7:38 AM
That rail is actually suppose to be very stable.
I dont need a rail i have a tws dog leg and thats all i need as farnas rail space goes.

PolishMike
05-21-2012, 7:39 AM
I wonder if its just as crappy as everything else CAA makes.

loosewreck
05-21-2012, 7:46 AM

Haha!

osis32
05-21-2012, 8:06 AM
My AK is already heavier than I'd like with the mi rail. Eff that thing.

Shrubmaster
05-21-2012, 9:07 AM
I wonder if its just as crappy as everything else CAA makes.

At that price, it should swallow without being asked.

21SF
05-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Doubles as a fire escape ladder....

05-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Hahaha, do people really need that much rail space? Think you could still attach the coffee pot and kitchen sink still!

chead
05-21-2012, 11:03 AM
That rail is actually suppose to be very stable.
I dont need a rail i have a tws dog leg and thats all i need as farnas rail space goes.

Seriously, you can get nearly the same amount of rail space for 1/4 the cost and weight. It's 2012, y'all.

Richard Erichsen
05-21-2012, 2:11 PM
At that price, it should give you a backrub, clean your rifle and zero every optic placed upon it without being asked.

PG rating restored. ;)

gun toting monkeyboy
05-21-2012, 2:17 PM
Hey, it's still in stock! Wow, at that price I am shocked! Shocked I tell you...

-Mb

Richard Erichsen
05-21-2012, 2:21 PM
Hahaha, do people really need that much rail space? Think you could still attach the coffee pot and kitchen sink still!

A fire-arm free kitchen is so early 21st century. Everyone needs a "kitchen gun!" There are no tasks the kitchen gun can't do (that anyone who is hungry cares about). Go into the backyard, pick a goat/pig/steer from the herd and put one or two shots between the eyes. No bullets handy? Buttstock to the head will do the trick. The added mass from all the FDA approved attachments will provide a lightening quick stun/kill when properly used (no liabilities expressed or implied for failing to fully stun or kill dinner). Always wash your kitchen gun before and after use!

Prepare side dishes - the rails are for grating cheese from those large institutional sized blocks sold at Costco. For those that don't like cheese on everything, the top, bottom and side mounted grater attachments are suitable for all your potato grating needs to make savory hash browns.
Don't like hashbrowns? The buttstock is used to mash potatoes into a smooth consistency. The knife-bayonet (not shown, cutting/skewering accessory sold separately) provides all the cutting and chopping action you need in a long, heavy (but convenient!) package!

Buy your kitchen gun attachments today - you'll be glad you did. ;)

cabinetguy
05-21-2012, 2:23 PM
its like the aircraft carrier of rails!

NorCalK9.com
05-21-2012, 2:29 PM
some people want a rifle that looks worthy of chuck norris.
Im actually about to build one and deck it out just for tbe f@ck of it. Plus girls think its Kooooool lmao.

Shrubmaster
05-22-2012, 1:32 AM
Funny thing is, I worked at a gun shop for a bit, and every new ak buyer wanted to put optics on their gun. Trying to show them that optics are near worthless on an ak because od reciever flex and sear design was like pulling teeth.

But the way this rail wraps around the whole gun (twice?) Id be interested on the effects it would have on reciever flex.

FiveSeven
05-22-2012, 2:35 AM
Funny thing is, I worked at a gun shop for a bit, and every new ak buyer wanted to put optics on their gun. Trying to show them that optics are near worthless on an ak because od reciever flex and sear design was like pulling teeth.

But the way this rail wraps around the whole gun (twice?) Id be interested on the effects it would have on reciever flex.

Really? Maybe you should inform Russian military and AK factory not to make every single AK with side rail. :nuts: Same goes for PSL.

Just so you know, whatever "flex" there is, it happens after the bullet has left the barrel and it doesn't affect anything (unless it's being fired full auto while aiming trough scope).
Even cheap Chinese crap scopes mounted on side rail can withstand that so called "flex" and maintain zero.

All my scopes and red dot sights work perfect, just like designed to.
And yes I've heard misinformation at the gun shops more then once, just like most here.

ZX-10R
05-22-2012, 5:47 AM
Been out for a while there is a plastic version as well.