PDA

View Full Version : Dan Simpson's on gun control..Scary.

bg
05-07-2007, 8:22 PM
This guy is nuts.
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007704250310

Now, how would one disarm the American population? First of all, federal or state laws would need to make it a crime punishable by a $1,000 fine and one year in prison per weapon to possess a firearm. The population would then be given three months to turn in their guns, without penalty.

Hunters would be able to deposit their hunting weapons in a centrally located arsenal, heavily guarded, from which they would be able to withdraw them each hunting season upon presentation of a valid hunting license. The weapons would be required to be redeposited at the end of the season on pain of arrest. When hunters submit a request for their weapons, federal, state, and local checks would be made to establish that they had not been convicted of a violent crime since the last time they withdrew their weapons. In the process, arsenal staff would take at least a quick look at each hunter to try to affirm that he was not obviously unhinged.

It would have to be the case that the term "hunting weapon" did not include anti-tank ordnance, assault weapons, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, or other weapons of war. All antique or interesting non-hunting weapons would be required to be delivered to a local or regional museum, also to be under strict 24-hour-a-day guard. There they would be on display, if the owner desired, as part of an interesting exhibit of antique American weapons, as family heirlooms from proud wars past or as part of collections.

Gun dealers could continue their work, selling hunting and antique firearms. They would be required to maintain very tight inventories. Any gun sold would be delivered immediately by the dealer to the nearest arsenal or the museum, not to the buyer.

The disarmament process would begin after the initial three-month amnesty. Special squads of police would be formed and trained to carry out the work. Then, on a random basis to permit no advance warning, city blocks and stretches of suburban and rural areas would be cordoned off and searches carried out in every business, dwelling, and empty building. All firearms would be seized. The owners of weapons found in the searches would be prosecuted: $1,000 and one year in prison for each firearm.

Clearly, since such sweeps could not take place all across the country at the same time. But fairly quickly there would begin to be gun-swept, gun-free areas where there should be no firearms. If there were, those carrying them would be subject to quick confiscation and prosecution. On the streets it would be a question of stop-and-search of anyone, even grandma with her walker, with the same penalties for "carrying."Perverse how he uses the 1st Amendment to attack the 2nd Amendment.

[PS] Sorry for the goofy title. It was suppose to be "Simpson on gun control..Scary."

pnkssbtz
05-07-2007, 9:07 PM
Special squads of police would be formed and trained to carry out the work. Then, on a random basis to permit no advance warning, city blocks and stretches of suburban and rural areas would be cordoned off and searches carried out in every business, dwelling, and empty building.

WTF? Do people actually realize what they are saying? Why don't we just install cameras in everyones homes. I am sure it would be cheaper...

SamIAm
05-07-2007, 9:23 PM
We might as well piss on the 4th Amendment (prohibition against search and seizure) and the 5th Amendment (takings clause).

Oh, and this statement about "tak[ing] opportunity of the chronic slowness of the courts to begin implementing the new approach?" I guess so much for the concept of due process as well.

Sheesh.

Josh3239
05-07-2007, 9:30 PM
First of all, federal or state laws would need to make it a crime punishable by a $1,000 fine and one year in prison per weapon to possess a firearm.

Hunters would be able to deposit their hunting weapons in a centrally located arsenal, heavily guarded, from which they would be able to withdraw them each hunting season upon presentation of a valid hunting license. The weapons would be required to be redeposited at the end of the season on pain of arrest. When hunters submit a request for their weapons, federal, state, and local checks would be made to establish that they had not been convicted of a violent crime since the last time they withdrew their weapons. In the process, arsenal staff would take at least a quick look at each hunter to try to affirm that he was not obviously unhinged.

All antique or interesting non-hunting weapons would be required to be delivered to a local or regional museum, also to be under strict 24-hour-a-day guard. There they would be on display, if the owner desired, as part of an interesting exhibit of antique American weapons, as family heirlooms from proud wars past or as part of collections.

Special squads of police would be formed and trained to carry out the work. Then, on a random basis to permit no advance warning, city blocks and stretches of suburban and rural areas would be cordoned off and searches carried out in every business, dwelling, and empty building. All firearms would be seized.

If there were, those carrying them would be subject to quick confiscation and prosecution. On the streets it would be a question of stop-and-search of anyone, even grandma with her walker, with the same penalties for "carrying."

So this guy want to turn America into what, Nazi Germany? And this of course is very cheap to do. No money out of the citizen's pockets right?!

Josh3239
05-07-2007, 9:31 PM
Special squads of police would be formed and trained to carry out the work. Then, on a random basis to permit no advance warning, city blocks and stretches of suburban and rural areas would be cordoned off and searches carried out in every business, dwelling, and empty building. All firearms would be seized.

We could call these "special squads" Thought Police! 1984 anyone?

Patriot
05-07-2007, 9:33 PM
Thinkpol :eek:

Spiggy
05-07-2007, 9:40 PM
yea, I cant wait until they start mandating prozium too.

oaklander
05-07-2007, 9:52 PM
Here's the original:

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007704250310

thedrickel
05-07-2007, 9:56 PM
That guy is insane.

Ruiner
05-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Quite simply, ridiculous. :mad:

LAK Supply
05-07-2007, 10:33 PM
This piece of human ****...... I wouldn't be upset if someone beat his *** with a bat or something...... maybe with a rock........Elitist *****.....:mad:

vrylak
05-07-2007, 10:35 PM
If he'd stop whatever he's smoking and read and learn what the US Constitution is about then he might have some clue on what he's talking about. Clearly this guy probably have secret shrines for Hitler, Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Polpot, Kim Il Jung, Ferdinand Marcos, Idi Amin, etc.

What a pity.

DedEye
05-07-2007, 11:09 PM
ABSURDLY stupid.

Charliegone
05-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Wow...he sounds like Hitler, Pol Pot and Mao all mixed in together...big time statist pig!:mad:

kap
05-08-2007, 12:16 AM
There is an earlier thread on this article for those interested.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56504

Solidmch
05-08-2007, 8:32 AM
They should tri him for conspiricy to deprive Americans of their Second Ammendment Rights. If his plan was to be put in place, we would soon be occupied, just like France in WWII.

JesseXXX
05-08-2007, 8:48 AM
This must be a joke.... this sounds like an idea for the next "action flick"....jeez.... what will they think of next, don't these morons know that CRIMINALS DO NOT OBEY ANY LAWS, LET ALONE GUN LAWS:mad: ......

chiefcrash
05-08-2007, 8:59 AM
All firearms have been rated EC-10 for emotional and potentially violent content. Please turn in all firearms to your nearest Tetragrammaton Cleric. Afterwards, please see your doctor as your Prozium dosage might need to be adjusted.

Fear not, brave citizens! The end to violence and fear is soon upon us! All hail Libria!
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5255/ficequiou4.gif

~DEVO~
05-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I think before they create these "GUN FREE ZONES" they should first create "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT FREE ZONES" :cool: .

Surveyor
05-08-2007, 12:53 PM
This guy is doing us a favor. The Elmer Fudds of this country can't deny his motives when he spells them out so clearly.

bg
05-08-2007, 2:56 PM
There is an earlier thread on this article for those interested.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56504

Opps. Sorry I missed that. I always seem to double post. I scan the page,
don't see anything and then I get nailed. I'll try to more vigilant.

Dr. Peter Venkman
05-08-2007, 8:43 PM
Remember men, aim for the nuts.

dicast
05-08-2007, 11:34 PM
wow, someone missed his medication

adamsreeftank
05-09-2007, 1:59 AM

kalashnikov
05-09-2007, 8:05 AM
hey i just joined this forum and i live in michigan but am thinking about moving to cali but would like to know more about the gun laws and different licences for example " what is the whole law with high compasity mags and how do u get around it or buy a licence to own? i have many assault rifles and would never be able to kick the addiction now lol. sorry this doesn't really have to do with question but i am desperate.

Solidmch
05-09-2007, 8:12 AM
hey i just joined this forum and i live in michigan but am thinking about moving to cali but would like to know more about the gun laws and different licences for example " what is the whole law with high compasity mags and how do u get around it or buy a licence to own? i have many assault rifles and would never be able to kick the addiction now lol. sorry this doesn't really have to do with question but i am desperate.

If you love your rifles stay there. You are in a free state, your rifles are being discriminated against here. There is no way for you to legally own high cap mags here under current laws. If you did not live here or own property here before 2000. :mad:

Surveyor
05-09-2007, 11:11 AM

Become an LEO, and you might be able to get permission from your chief to bring your guns and mags into Ca. Otherwise you get to play the OLL game like us.

kalashnikov
05-09-2007, 11:52 AM
wow that was quick reply and sadly not the one i'd hoped for :( don't u guys have class 3 licences or any "special" deals where u can own some? for instance what about all the movies that get made there they rent the guns from ppl who have class 3 weapons, or are they from out of state?