PDA

View Full Version : matech buis question

mdib870
05-19-2012, 7:14 PM
can anyone tell me what the heck is the difference from the ogu83 vs the ogu53 and does matech have a website because i can't find any info on these little sights please enlighten me

I NEED INFO!!!!

mdib870
05-19-2012, 8:58 PM
anyone?

george223
05-19-2012, 10:39 PM
I just bought 1 of these off of Ebay for $55. Brand new in the package. The label on the package refers to this as the CAGE code. Mine happens to be an OGU83. This code is assigned by the government to government contractors. Sometimes CAGE codes are changed for various reasons; manufacturing facilities may have changed locations, change of ownership, etc. The CAGE code refers to the government contractor and has nothing to do with the design of the product. Look it up on Google.

I am almost certain (almost) that there is no diffence between the OGU53 & OGU83. They might have possibly been manufactured at different facilities but the part no. (12996812) is still the same. Mine happens to be a Rev. B.

By the way, so far, I really like this Matech sight. I'm on Calguns right now trying to get some ideas on what to do for a scope mount.