PDA

View Full Version : can CA active duty import a XDM45?

dreslinger
05-19-2012, 1:17 PM
My niece bought an XDM45 to take on deployment. She is returning to her duty station out of state but will be getting out soon. She asked me if she could bring her gun back to CA. What process does she have to do? What about the 13 round mags? Should she sell it before returning? Any help is appreciated.

aklover_91
05-19-2012, 1:33 PM
The mags need to be broken down or permanently blocked off to ten rounds, but she can just bring the gun back in.

IIRC she's also supposed to fill out the firearms import form and pay the $19 to register inside of 30 days, too.

j.hors
05-19-2012, 1:34 PM
Block the mag to only except 10 rounds. Besides that she should be fine. One of my Navy friends got one in 9mm before she came back and all she did was block the mag and register it. I bought one private party from a fellow calgunner a few months ago. I would tell her to buy a few more mags and make them legal before she comes back.

downdiver2
05-19-2012, 1:41 PM
She was allowed to take a personal weapon on deployment ?????

SilverTauron
05-19-2012, 3:48 PM
She was allowed to take a personal weapon on deployment ?????

Depending on the member's grade and "connections" its possible to have one's personal weapon added to the deployment orders. In the USAF at least when I was in, the regs require the endorsement of one's immediate supervisor ,squadron commander, and an officer above the rank of O-5.

Extremely difficult to get , yes. But not impossible.;)

downdiver2
05-19-2012, 9:59 PM
Agreed, EXTREMELY difficult. Especially in traditional, active duty , combat arms units.

Librarian
05-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Thread drift; original question answered in the first reply.