PDA

View Full Version : DOJ won't release my DROS

peppermintman
05-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Do I need a guns right attorney? DOJ says they not deny or reject, but say I need seal old old record from 1978. Say it's policy??? I thought they had to go with the rules too.

bussda
05-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Go here: http://calgunsfoundation.org/get-help/report-ca-doj.html

roushstage2
05-19-2012, 1:50 PM
Go here: http://calgunsfoundation.org/get-help/report-ca-doj.html
That's an awesome thing for us to have access to!

dachan
05-19-2012, 2:53 PM
Do I need a guns right attorney? DOJ says they not deny or reject, but say I need seal old old record from 1978. Say it's policy??? I thought they had to go with the rules too.

Can't understand your post at all, but it appears your DROS came back with a Delay. The background check probably came up with an old record which prevents you from acquiring a firearm, or an old record which was not properly dismissed or expunged. The Delay gives the DOJ time to review the record and may require you to submit or process further documentation, sometimes through the court system. This happens frequently, but failure to properly followup with DOJ requests may result in a Denial. Good thing is that once its cleared up, subsequent DROS submissions usually pass without issue.

peppermintman
05-19-2012, 5:09 PM
Can't understand your post at all, but it appears your DROS came back with a Delay. The background check probably came up with an old record which prevents you from acquiring a firearm, or an old record which was not properly dismissed or expunged. The Delay gives the DOJ time to review the record and may require you to submit or process further documentation, sometimes through the court system. This happens frequently, but failure to properly followup with DOJ requests may result in a Denial. Good thing is that once its cleared up, subsequent DROS submissions usually pass without issue.

Ok, they had no problem before. I have all kinds of stuff. This recent purchase of an AK probably did it. All those questions were answered the same with No No and more No's. The expungment seal and destroy is a pain in the damn ***. Even they agree with me saying I met the requirements but now policy is what it is. I know if you answered Yes that would disqualify you for sure but now but now a "whatever" will too.'

USMCforLIFE
05-19-2012, 5:17 PM

are you in the military? because i got denied and it is because we are a threat to the US lol literally! they made me wait 3 weeks and this was in south dakota where i can walk in throw some money and walk out with a pistol same day

Librarian
05-19-2012, 5:30 PM
Report, as in post #2