View Full Version : Finally got new safe, but still need old one

05-19-2012, 2:30 AM
Finally took the plunge and bought a much needed 2nd safe from. While I wanted one big enough to call my last safe, this one was the largest I could get into my elevator. I love it and I'm glad I stepped up the quality from my initial intentions of buying a budget friendly Cannon from Costco. While the budget safes would've still worked because I just can't envision someone breaking into my place and the safe, the contents are worth much more than trying to skimp on it's protection just so that I can take what I would save in cost and buy another gun.

The great thing about these safes is not only the quality, but you can have them custom made to WHATEVER you want (size, interior, accessories, ect). You can go to their website and check it out before you buy your next safe. Another great thing is if you don't have all the money upfront, they'll absolutely work with you and let you pay in installments. Once you're ready to make finally payment, they'll begin building it, doesn't get any easier than that. Here's their info:

Company: Sportsman Steel Safe Co.
Youtube: http://youtu.be/qEeUHmZ1Wn8

Here's my old safe, Browning Platinum series I got back in the late '90s, it was a dealer display that had the inner door panel removed to show the mechanics. Then all the metal was polished and an acrylic panel was mounted. I thought it was cool when I saw it, so I bought it.

05-19-2012, 6:24 AM

05-19-2012, 6:59 AM
I kept my old one when I got the new one a couple years ago. It's funny how you fill the space up.

05-19-2012, 7:08 AM
This should be sticky'd so that when people get flack from a significant other for too many guns, we can come here and say "look dear, at least I don't have this many! It could be worse!"

Bobby Ricigliano
05-19-2012, 7:25 AM
Read this thread and then realize how small and unimpressive your own gun collection is.

05-19-2012, 9:29 AM
Nice toys!

05-19-2012, 9:34 AM
Very nice collection sir! That new safe looks great. Like the whole layout and door hangers.

05-19-2012, 10:53 AM
congratulations on your new safe. i like the external hinges.

05-19-2012, 5:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. As for the external hinges, always great because the door can be swung completely open past 180deg, also it allows the door to be removed if the safe needs to be relocated and it'll relieve some overall weight.

The door hangers are specifically for handguns, but as you can see they can also be used for other guns. Sportsman Steel gives you the option to place the hangers in any configuration that you want, which is completely awsome. If you're fortunate enought to live close enough to drive to their Long Beach facility, you can bring the guns you want hanging on the door and placed them in the area you want. They'll mark the location and weld the pegs exactly in that configuration. And of course if you don't live close, you can always email them the specs.

Again, the great thing is that you can have the safe made to whatever you want it to be, as opposed to buying something that's already made and may have some things you want and some things you don't. Payment plans is even a bigger plus.