PDA

View Full Version : "wing em" -- cowboy movie style

vantec08
05-19-2012, 3:14 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-witness-believes-intended-kid-die-204338831--abc-news-topstories.html

"If you're in self defense, shoot him in the leg."

Typical from those who have never been in a fight for their life, or for the life of a foxhole buddy.

yakmon
05-19-2012, 5:16 AM
Go be clear, the quote is from a witness, not the author.

vantec08
05-19-2012, 8:16 AM
Go be clear, the quote is from a witness, not the author.

I know. . . thanks for sharing

live2suck
05-19-2012, 9:18 AM
And who's to say a shot to the leg wouldn't ricochet into the abdominal cavity? Or hit the femoral artery?

This is of course completely neglecting aim-for-a-small-area-under-duress aspect of that philosophy. Ignorance must truly be bliss ...

Smokeybehr
05-19-2012, 1:30 PM
You are taught to "Stop the threat", and to "Shoot for center mass" in all of the self-defense classes that I've ever had or seen. That doesn't mean "Wing the guy" or "shoot him in the leg", which is all Hollywood BS.

nick
05-19-2012, 1:42 PM
"Let her know what's happening, been involved in a shooting and will be held for questioning," the witness told the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. "He was more like, talking like he was having a hard time, looked like he just got his butt whipped ... not like he was in shock, not like, 'I can't believe I just shot someone,' but like, 'Just tell my wife I just shot someone,' like it was nothing."

Kinda sad that self-control and thinking of the consequences is being sneered at in our society in favor of emotions and weakness.

This isn't the comment on Zimmerman's behavior, I've never met him, and don't know what motivates him. It's the comment on the expectations of Witness 13.

G60
05-19-2012, 2:06 PM
How does witness 13 know how they or others would react after being in the same situation?

Carnivore
05-19-2012, 2:10 PM
You are taught to "Stop the threat", and to "Shoot for center mass" in all of the self-defense classes that I've ever had or seen. That doesn't mean "Wing the guy" or "shoot him in the leg", which is all Hollywood BS. True but you have to understand that there are people out there that think bad guys are like bears. If you fire off a shot they will just "RUN AWAY". You know these people, we call them idiots. :D

ZombieTactics
05-19-2012, 2:34 PM
True but you have to understand that there are people out there that think bad guys are like bears. If you fire off a shot they will just "RUN AWAY". You know these people, we call them idiots. :D

There are people who simply cannot conceive that anyone would react differently in a given situation than they imagine they would themselves. They know they'd be scared witless in the mere presence of a gun, so the idea that you'd actually have to shoot someone is completely foreign to their mindset. The idea that you might have to actually shoot-to-scare or shoot-to-wound is as far as they can go in admitting the possible need for violent, potentially deadly defensive action. In their mind, the notion of shooting COM or CNS is evidence of a depraved mind. They're ignorant and misinformed, but they view the world through this bizarre filter.

ClarenceBoddicker
05-19-2012, 2:39 PM
Look at the Bernard Gotez case. A wounded/crippled victim in a civil case can lie as much as they want to. Dead dirt bags do not lie. A dead dirt bag can't sue you, only his family can. Anyone who tried to use a firearm to wound an attacker is a fool.

Carnivore
05-19-2012, 2:50 PM
There are people who simply cannot conceive that anyone would react differently in a given situation than they imagine they would themselves. They know they'd be scared witless in the mere presence of a gun, so the idea that you'd actually have to shoot someone is completely foreign to their mindset. The idea that you might have to actually shoot-to-scare or shoot-to-wound is as far as they can go in admitting the possible need for violent, potentially deadly defensive action. In their mind, the notion of shooting COM or CNS is evidence of a depraved mind. They're ignorant and misinformed, but they view the world through this bizarre filter. OH so you had to one up me and eloquently put what I snidely put...ok I see where this is going. Next time I will use those fancy ideas in stead and we will see who has the last laugh.

Joking aside you are right, some people just can't see anything from a point of view other then their own.

vantec08
05-19-2012, 2:56 PM
If there is a grappling contest for a gun, one would be lucky to get one shot off anywhere on the attacker. Aim? carefully? the hell

Curtis
05-19-2012, 3:13 PM
True but you have to understand that there are people out there that think bad guys are like bears. If you fire off a shot they will just "RUN AWAY". You know these people, we call them idiots. :D

And there is a great Florida case were a woman did this very thing....and she was just sentenced to 20 years (going off memory).

Everything thing about the Zimmerman case has been difficult to stomach...except for Zimmerman's reaction/response.