PDA

View Full Version : How much does Turner's pay new incoming salesmen?

PoorRichRichard
05-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Filled out and app a week ago and hoping to get hired. Anyone have any idea how much they pay per hour for sales guys?

Brandon04GT
05-19-2012, 12:59 AM
This is really something you should PM or call them about...

bill_k_lopez
05-21-2012, 5:35 PM
This is really something you should PM or call them about...

Why, is the salary range for a sales position at Turners a big secret?

Filled out and app a week ago and hoping to get hired. Anyone have any idea how much they pay per hour for sales guys?

Probably minimum wage or just above, and that's not a slam against Turners, its a relatively small chain of stores and hourly sales positions aren't the best paying jobs around.

biker777
05-21-2012, 9:18 PM
^^^^^ this..its not too much..

LBDamned
05-22-2012, 8:56 AM
I don't think another person's salary is anyone's business... I'd be pissed if my employer posted my salary on a public forum.

If your "reason to know" is because you are interested in working there, ask for an interview - I'm sure if you are a potential candidate, wages will be disclosed.

762infidel
05-22-2012, 9:08 AM
$8.25 with no commission for gun counter and cashiers start at $8.00. Its a fun job to get you through school or keep you working during retirement but if you dont have much patience (8.5/10) then STAY AWAY. This job takes more patience then you have probably ever encountered. Everything will always be your fault and if a customer gets any shred of an issue from you (you may sound tired, feel sick, balance 8 things at once, take too long with a fairly complex transaction etc) then you will be made out to be the new Hitler of the 4th Reich via internet or the rare direct complaint. Just always be patient and treat the next customer like the first one of the day regardless if the last one was drunk yelling at you and almost punched you in your face, or brought in a heavily beaten wife for everyone to see with a sick twisted smile on his face. Firearms attract every type of person, so prepare to deal with every type of person you can possibly think of.......and I mean every type of person.

superhondaz50
05-22-2012, 9:13 AM
762infidel hit the nail right on the head...

CSACANNONEER
05-22-2012, 10:27 AM
$8.25 with no commission for gun counter and cashiers start at $8.00. Its a fun job to get you through school or keep you working during retirement but if you dont have much patience (8.5/10) then STAY AWAY. This job takes more patience then you have probably ever encountered. Everything will always be your fault and if a customer gets any shred of an issue from you (you may sound tired, feel sick, balance 8 things at once, take too long with a fairly complex transaction etc) then you will be made out to be the new Hitler of the 4th Reich via internet or the rare direct complaint. Just always be patient and treat the next customer like the first one of the day regardless if the last one was drunk yelling at you and almost punched you in your face, or brought in a heavily beaten wife for everyone to see with a sick twisted smile on his face. Firearms attract every type of person, so prepare to deal with every type of person you can possibly think of.......and I mean every type of person.

Wow, Turner's must be a harder place to work at than any other gun store. I've worked in a gunshop before and never saw, heard or handled a "fairly complex transaction".

762infidel
05-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Wow, Turner's must be a harder place to work at than any other gun store. I've worked in a gunshop before and never saw, heard or handled a "fairly complex transaction".

Actually no, itís a gun store like most others really. Being that you work[ed] (obviously no longer) at a gun store and have probably done a couple thousand transactions like the rest of us, I am sure you understand that the paperwork itself is not too difficult. It gets fairly complex sometimes when an events like 5 people wanting to do a 5 way PPT on handguns comes around, or when someone keeps changing their order and firearms allocations become an issue and you have to call for reps to get your hands on anything etc. but other than that itís pretty easy. At first the paperwork is very overwhelming because thereís so many errors you can make that can get the store shutdown and everyone fired, but once you understand what gets done at what point in a transaction and how to do it, then it typically is easy. Now I am sure you, MR. csacannoneer, are the master of the paperwork and any and all conditions that may present themselves... or at least you sound like it. I am very confident to say that youíve probably never made a single mistake and do 50-way PPT's on handguns for breakfast in less than 15 minutes. As for the stupid, incompetent Untermensch that are the rest of us... things can get a little complicated at times. If there are a lot of things going on its not hard to be forgetful. So yes, for the average transaction itís not very complicated however at times it very well can get "fairly complex". But who am I to tell you any of this? You worked at that super-efficient, elite gun shop that was well known for 100% satisfaction and the best customer service around. What was the name of that gun store again and the name of your super awesome self? I must be remised :rolleyes:

CSACANNONEER
05-22-2012, 11:43 AM
The shop closed due to a new landlord not wanting it there. It was called Agoura Target Range. I, like most of the other employees, had real jobs that paid well and worked there for fun and benefits. If you want to know my name, no problem, it's Greg. I'm not hard to find. I've hosted hunredes of calgunners at my homes and attended more than a few calguns events. If you really need to meet me, I'll be at the Coalinga range the first weekend of June.

I'm sorry if I hit a sore spot with you. I just can't imagine any retail firearms transaction that is any more complicated than any other retail sale. The firearms forms and paperwork are cookie cutter. The only problems I can think of is selling product that isn't in the building and then that product not coming in when promised. A PPT is between TWO people. If you get confused because the same person is involved in more than one PPT. Stop and do one transaction at a time. It's simple. There is no such thing as a 5 way circle jerk PPT. There are only 5 simple PPTs to handle. Every PPT I've ever been involved with as buyer or seller has taken no more than 15 minutes except for the ones I've attempted to do at Turner's. I've actually found it faster to leave Pasadena and drive all the way to San Fernando to do a PPT. We were in and out in less than 7 minutes with neither one of us having any info on file. Turner's told us it would be over an hour since there was a PPT and a half in front of us. So, maybe Turner's has it's own complex forms that make the process longer for the customers and harder for the employees to understand? I don't know.

jpigeon
05-22-2012, 3:22 PM
The shop closed due to a new landlord not wanting it there. It was called Agoura Target Range. I, like most of the other employees, had real jobs that paid well and worked there for fun and benefits. If you want to know my name, no problem, it's Greg. I'm not hard to find. I've hosted hunredes of calgunners at my homes and attended more than a few calguns events. If you really need to meet me, I'll be at the Coalinga range the first weekend of June.

I'm sorry if I hit a sore spot with you. I just can't imagine any retail firearms transaction that is any more complicated than any other retail sale. The firearms forms and paperwork are cookie cutter. The only problems I can think of is selling product that isn't in the building and then that product not coming in when promised. A PPT is between TWO people. If you get confused because the same person is involved in more than one PPT. Stop and do one transaction at a time. It's simple. There is no such thing as a 5 way circle jerk PPT. There are only 5 simple PPTs to handle. Every PPT I've ever been involved with as buyer or seller has taken no more than 15 minutes except for the ones I've attempted to do at Turner's. I've actually found it faster to leave Pasadena and drive all the way to San Fernando to do a PPT. We were in and out in less than 7 minutes with neither one of us having any info on file. Turner's told us it would be over an hour since there was a PPT and a half in front of us. So, maybe Turner's has it's own complex forms that make the process longer for the customers and harder for the employees to understand? I don't know.

OUCHIE!!!