PDA

View Full Version : Membership fees

taperxz
05-18-2012, 3:30 PM
I was told that in June membership fees were going to rise.

Why do membership fees need to go up? I don't understand.

Kestryll
05-18-2012, 3:52 PM
The reason for the increase in fees is to cover the costs of the printed Firing Line, printing and mailing it is a bit of a cost.

There should have been mention of being able to get the fiing Line electronically, by email, and getting a discount that keeps the price at what the rate has been.

Was that not offered?

sorensen440
05-18-2012, 5:02 PM
Is it a significant increase or just a keeping up with a less valued dollar increase?

taperxz
05-18-2012, 5:07 PM
The reason for the increase in fees is to cover the costs of the printed Firing Line, printing and mailing it is a bit of a cost.

There should have been mention of being able to get the fiing Line electronically, by email, and getting a discount that keeps the price at what the rate has been.

Was that not offered?

It was not. It was framed in a way that basically if i pay before june, i would not incur the the increase.

On a side note Kes, another post here disappeared. I made a legit attempt to ask my question in a non sarcastic way. CRPA never answered it. Did i violate any forum rules? OR does CRPA have access to this part of the site and perhaps they deleted it?

bigcalidave
05-20-2012, 1:45 AM
A lot of money was wasted on the print edition of TFL. Instead of killing it completely, it was offered as an additional cost for members that wished to receive a print copy.

The Gleam
05-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah, after the latest developments with CRPA, do you really think I will be encouraged to renew my membership this next cycle after being a member for nearly 20 years? It seems my membership fees go more toward how to waste time and bitter internal politics, than in actually doing anything meaningful. :mad:

ptoguy2002
05-23-2012, 10:11 AM
A lot of money was wasted on the print edition of TFL. Instead of killing it completely, it was offered as an additional cost for members that wished to receive a print copy.

With $150K spent on printing that pulp, I can't understand this.......
Perhaps a detailed itemization of that $150K would help?
# printed, # mailed, cost of mailing, cost of printing, advertising offset, etc.
I get junk mail ads printed in color, and with more pages than TFL....
ETA: or just cost spent per issue to print....which your printer should be able to give you really easily if you don't already have it...

G60
05-25-2012, 12:47 AM
My "we miss you" e-mail did not mention anything about a discounted (or non-increased) price if I opted into a .pdf version of TFL, just that there will be a dues increase in June.

I have, however, at the encouragement of the CRPA, decided to cease & desist renewing my membership.

hoffmang
05-25-2012, 1:35 AM
I have, however, at the encouragement of the CRPA, decided to cease & desist renewing my membership.

Heh.

-Gene

jdberger
05-26-2012, 4:50 PM

Was that not offered?

I haven't seen emails or any other communications detailing how Members should switch their reciept of The Firing Line from print to electronic - which is funny, because the Board decided in August 2011 that the Executive Director should immediately move forward with doing so.

Perhaps the Executive Committee has been a little too busy crafting nasty letters to other Directors and the Membership?

pennys dad
05-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Does the CRPA send anything to members by e-mail ? I've been a member for lots of years and have not received a single piece of e-mail from them.

I looked at their web site, but I don't see anywhere to update my profile, to ensure they have my current address.

go here: http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001HTk7N6nZumLB-THGg17ZVQ%3D%3D

socalbowhunter
06-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks pennys dad, I was looking for that too. I just signed up.