PDA

View Full Version : Laser Bore Sight

Billygoat
05-18-2012, 2:04 PM
I recently had to remove an EOTech sight from my .223 AR and send it in for repairs. As I will have to sight the rifle back in after receiving the sight back, thought I would try a laser bore sight.

Anyone have any experience with these, and what are the better brands?

Untamed1972
05-18-2012, 2:16 PM
My experience with them thus far is they will get you on paper and you will then have to make final adjustments from there.

SA227driver
05-18-2012, 2:17 PM
I bought one on OpticsPanet that was a .223 cartridge shaped bore sighter. Fit perfectly in the barrel/chamber and the extractor even properly ejected it. Can't remember the manufacturer but it's been a great ammo saver when sighting in a new AR.

IPSICK
05-18-2012, 2:23 PM
I haven't needed one yet and if you get one that is placed on the muzzle end it can be hazardous if you forget to remove it (I've heard stories where this has happened) and shoot. The one SA227 described might be better, but again I've never needed one.

wjc
05-18-2012, 2:24 PM
I bought one from Midway USA and used it once. After that, I tossed it.

I can usually sight in my firearms faster just by using 3 shot groups at 50 yds.

USMCforLIFE
05-18-2012, 2:27 PM
The fact is a laser bore sight is not made to sight in a gun all it is for is to help you get on paper with the first shot so you are not wasting rounds. to me it is not worth the money unless you plan on re-sighting in you gun a lot. the only time it is worth it is if you are using it for a pistol. anything past 50 yards it wont be perfect until you actually zero in your gun. just my 2 cents

MrPlink
05-18-2012, 2:38 PM
useless, esp with an AR because it is pretty easy to simply remove the upper and stare through the barrel and adjust your sights accordingly, does the same thing and is free!

G60
05-18-2012, 2:46 PM
Do you have BUIS?

russ69
05-18-2012, 3:30 PM
Pull out the bolt and look down the bore. It's easy on an AR15.

edwardjames
05-19-2012, 1:10 AM
useless, esp with an AR because it is pretty easy to simply remove the upper and stare through the barrel and adjust your sights accordingly, does the same thing and is free!

+1
worked for me every time i've ever had to remove my sights or adjust my rail (with front sight attached)

and the best part is..... its FREE!!