PDA

View Full Version : Saiga 12 or Benelli M4

TheWalkingDead
05-18-2012, 3:49 AM
I can't decide on which to buy!
I'm hoping that someone with more experience on these 2 shotguns can chime in.
I like the Saiga's because they use mags but I also like the look and reliability of the M4.
I guess I can buy both.. but for now, only in my dreams..
Ohh what to do.. what to do..

Some pros and cons would be nice.
Thanks in advance!

FARRIER
05-18-2012, 9:18 AM
M4 all the way! It's been tested to the end of the earth and back. It's been carried in and out of combat. Its design helps to reduce felt recoil. Its fun to shoot and easy to clean. Its quality fit and finish. But it costs a lot. I have run into a few Saiga's that were show stoppers as far as upgraded, fit and finish. But seems like there are a few lemons out there. They are relatively cheap and parts seem more abundant. I like my m4 and am pretty partial to it. After having shot both I still like the m4 way better. In my opinion reloading time is a null point since none of us are going to combat anytime soon.

djleisure
05-18-2012, 10:21 AM
I would definitely say Saiga-12 for fun and Benelli M4 for reliability (and fun!)
Basically, I would not depend on my S-12 in a life and death situation - the M4 on the other hand is used in that capacity every day.
Either one is a good choice!

jeffrice6
05-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Not even a fair comparison.... M4 for the win!

SunriseF150
05-18-2012, 8:36 PM
I HAD both. Decided to get rid of the M4. Recoil seemed the same to me. The Saiga is easier to clean. M4 is definitely the quality choice and proven reliability. The saiga is reliable as well. Ten rd mags with the saiga, 5+1 with Benelli (or 7+1 with upgraded tube and 922 parts). Benelli cost 2x more, but with a conversion and upgrades the saiga will get close. Benelli looks cool. But to me saiga looks cooler. I never like the long buttstock on the benelli and was thinking about swapping it out with the Mesa Tactical Urbino but read a few different things about how it doesn't mount up to the gun very solid. Benelli isn't as bulky since no mag hanging out the bottom. I would have liked to keep both but needed the funds and I liked the Saiga better so got rid of the Benelli. One day I might buy another M4 though.

HonkingAntelope
05-18-2012, 8:48 PM
I tried an M4 at the store way back when I was shopping for a shotgun, and the stock was just feeling freakishly long and awkward (I'm only 5'10" though). If at all possible, try out both and find out which one is more comfortable. Also, keep in mind that there are quite a few asinine restrictions when it comes to semi-auto shotguns (especially Saiga with its detachable mag).

At the end, I bought a mossberg 500 with an adjustable stock. With a bit of practice, pump action can keep up with a semi-auto when it comes to controlled fire, and you don't have to worry about whether your choice of ammo will properly cycle your gun.

tonelar
05-18-2012, 8:53 PM
I own several Benelli shotguns as well as a Saiga12. Go with a tube fed shotgun every time.

I passed on the M4. Like my M1 and M3 better.

TZL
05-18-2012, 10:26 PM
I have two M4's and four Saiga 12's

Get both !

Maglocks suck on standard S12's....

MrExel17
05-18-2012, 10:40 PM
+1 M4, but for the price of the S12 aint that bad neither.

626Tony
05-18-2012, 11:28 PM
both!

fighterpilot562
05-18-2012, 11:39 PM
M4.

sirgiles
05-19-2012, 9:15 PM
M4. i'm 5'9" and its just right.

dunwitjayz
05-20-2012, 2:23 PM
Saiga12 hands down !! That's why they had to make an "open" class for us in competion ! Cuz those m4 guys couldn't keep up !!! Hahaha